9.3x62 And A Gun-nut's Collection

Hi pjalm,

Nice!!! To me the action is entirely original. In spite the barrel is not the original one, the rifle starts its life as a 9,3x62? I don´t understand to well...Do you plan to keep this barrel or to change it for another 9,3x62...? Or for another cartridge that fit the action?

CF
it will stay a 9.3x62 I have a 350 rigby barrel thats blown out which I will have copied in 9.3x62 ,,I will probably sell the old barrel when the new one goes on ,I do believe the rifle started life as a 9.3x62 regardless of the non original barrel

´Thank you jpalm.
Looking a the action, seems to be from a 9,3x62 original rifle. Anyway, if the magazine accept and feeds 5 cartridges, it was!
You can check the internal magazine dimentions:

1727984895188.jpeg

1727984944552.jpeg

I have a Meopta on my 9.3x62. My only complaint is eye relief and the short tube on those scopes.
@sgt_zim
The eye relief in meopta scopes is usually around 4". That should be more than enough. I have a zies in my Whelen and don't have any issues.
Bob

LOP on mine is 14.5". If I could mount a picatinny rail on my Mauser, then eye relief wouldn't be an issue, but the bases and rings can't be moved, like on your 1640. I'd like for my scope to sit about 1" farther back.
@sgt_zim
Easy fix mate. Find a good gunsmith and get a pic rail fitted.
Bob

Great for you!

The 9.3x62 has never been on my radar, because they are so hard to come by in the USA.

You have some lovely rifles!
@Safari Dave
Easy fix my son. Just get the US equivalent. The mighty Whelen. Easier to find brass and projectiles and will do all the 9.3x62 will but unfortunately not legal on DG
Bob

Great rifles! I always wanted a 9.3. In a conversation with my gunsmith Michael Ullman about my desire for a 9.3, he said he would make some inquiries.

Michael is in the final stages of my 9.3X62, the action is a double square bridge Mauser I acquired from another member of the guild. Amazingly it was still in the white.
The stock is French walnut from a blank from the same member who had it in his collection for 50 years.
My purchase was predicated that no scope would go on the rifle. All sights, barrel band etc fabricated by Michael.
I usually carry a double 500NE during a walk about. I may be changing my tune.
Hope to have the rifle in my hands soon.
Ciao

View attachment 637370View attachment 637371View attachment 637372
@festuscat
Make sure you post pics of the finished product.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacquettaM

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]