Remington 798 Safari Stock For Sale (Zastava Mauser 98)

roklok

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I have a Remington 798 Safari stock for sale. It has some nice figure, and is in very good condition. This is the hard to find split walnut blank with a maple center section, with lighter colored (rosewood ?) grip cap and forend tip. This came off my .375 which I recently restocked in english walnut. This would be an ideal stock to replace the cheaper "plywood" laminated 798 stocks found on most of the 798 .375s and .458s. It should also fit the Whitworth Mausers. Note that it has inletting for the later crossbolt style floorplate latch. It has two very small scratches and some touch up finish just above the sling stud that can be seen if the light is right, otherwise it is defect free. It has a limited amount of glass bedding, if necessary it would be easy to remove a bit and skim bed it to your action. It also has the barrel recoil lug glassed into the stock. I would like to have $250.00 plus shipping for this stock, payable by check or money order. Any questions please ask !
20231212_164917.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
njohh

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa