Politics

@Double Rifle Society there is a "Politics" thread here to help keep politics out of every other thread......where it formerly crept in like an unwanted visitor (much Like Joe Biden at the White House party). Feel free not to read it, and you will have an excellent experience on this site. But politics DOES effect hunting.... Countries may open or close, imports may be banned, democrats may restrict importation of trophies or require masks or shots for travel, etc. Some political decisions have unexpected and unwanted consequences for us all. Anyway.......skip it if you like. And as you're relatively new here, welcome to a great forum......FWB

Spike, this is a huge issue. Wars have and will always be fought over oil and water.

When China builds completes this dam it could spark serious tensions between China and Tibet, Bangladesh and India.

If China weaponizes the dam. These countries will not sit idly. They will be forced into action.

India has an estimated 160–172 nuclear warheads launched from land, air and sea.

Can't believe how old he looks and sounds. We do need immigrants for manual labor, but through a work permit program.
That is very true. And what you never hear politicians talk about. The Republicans will talk about H1B type workers, bachelor's degree or higher. Skilled or at ar least educated people. And H2A falls drastically short, only providing seasonal workers. And BTW we need a much higher quota of H1B visas.

We desperately need people to supply manual labor on a year around basis. That is what needs to be fixed in immigration law. Republicans need to get behind that! I am not talking about cheap labor. But rather reliable labor that shows up for work! People not only capable but very willing to do the types of work too many American citizens don't want to do.

They don't need citizenship, they don't need welfare or free healthcare, they don't need free college, they sure as hell don't need to vote in this country. They simply need work permits. A minimum of 3 years would be great and renewable after that. Even the manual labor jobs require training and it is very frustrating to train peole and have them leave in 9 months.

If the best of them want to pursue citizenship, there are procedures in place for that already. It may take 10 years or more and at least $10,000 in legal fees but what is wrong with that? If they are working, they can pay that.

And change the tax laws to collect FICA tax and keep it. Currently I believe they can request that back because they do not qualify for benefits.

On that point it is worth mentioning that the majority of illegal immigrants working in America are paying in because employers collect it and send it in. There was a point made way back maybe 10 plus years ago that at that time some $30 billion was being added to social security by immigrants who will never collect nor ask for refunds. But nobody wants to talk about this.

We need a secure border and work permits or work visas for these year around manual labor type jobs!

Last edited:
That is very true. And what you never hear politicians talk about. The Republicans will talk about H1B type workers, bachelor's degree or higher. Skilled or at ar least educated people. And H2A falls drastically short, only providing seasonal workers.

We desperately need people to supply manual labor on a year around basis. That is what needs to be fixed in immigration law. Republicans need to get behind that!

They don't need citizenship, they don't need welfare or free healthcare, they don't need free college, they sure as hell don't need to vote in this country. They simply need work permits. A minimum of 3 years would be great and renewable after that. If the best of them want to pursue citizenship, there are procedures in place for that already. It may take 10 years or more and at least $10,000 in legal fees but what is wrong with that? If they are working, they can pay that.

And change the tax laws to collect FICA tax and keep it. Currently I believe they can request that back because they do not qualify for benefits.

On that point it is worth mentioning that the majority of illegal immigrants working in America are paying in because employers collect it and send it in. There was a point made way back maybe 10 plus years ago that at that time some $30 billion was being added to social security by immigrants who will never collect nor ask for refunds. But nobody wants to talk about this.

Totally agree. We probably have less than 10% of the farm kids we had when I was growing up on a farm. We worked our asses off. City kids just don’t want to work that hard. Without crews from Mexico, much of our specialty crops (fruits & veggies, nuts & vines) would simply not be harvested.

Judging by Polymarket this morning (Trump 61.4% and Harris 38.6%), the bold experiment of having Harris sit down for an interview with a fair but tough minded journalist like Bret Bair and answer every question by saying Trump, or the Trump administration, or Republicans in general were the root of all evil past and present did not play out as expected. There was a rumor yesterday that she also intended to do Joe Rogan. She might want to take a page from the Waltz strategy book and avoid that like a deployment to the Middle East or Central Asia.

For those who do not know, Polymarket is not a poll, but is the betting site for political wagers. It has been remarkably accurate with respect to the real polls and is often a bellwether for actual ones because it represents immediate public reaction to events.

Kamala was 15 minutes late to the Fox interview, cutting the time from 40 minutes to 25. No doubt to deliberately shorten the interview.
She spent 25 minutes playing dodgeball with the questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorethaAtl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia