Politics

Well, I would not go as far as saying Trump is personification of Madura. Yes, there are similarities in regard to denying election results and declaring victory etc.. But, Trump is not there yet. :unsure:

Very clever… in your own mind ;)

BTW the name is Maduro not Madura

Joe, dont you think its possible that something else in the commanders background, other annoyances, or infractions is what led to his canning?
He is a decorated seaman and I personally find it hard to believe that the scope thing alone is responsible for him being beached.
I would have thought something like an official reprimand, letter in your file type of punishment would have sufficed.
Seems to me not worthy of ruining a career over.
And isnt it interesting that his replacement is a lesbian, married to another lesbian in the Navy and both are gay activists??
WOKE anyone?

"The Navy says on its website that Yaste, a native of Knoxville, Tennessee, has earned awards including the "Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (three awards) and Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (two awards)."
Absolutely. A sum total of a pattern of behaviour and performance of his crew would have gone into the determination to relieve him. It is why his command and the Navy used the specific terminology "loss of confidence in his ability to command." In other words, there was no single incident. However, I personally am certain the photo was indicative of that climate.

I was angered when I first saw it weeks ago and not because of the scope. Rather, he had no business so posing, and someone handed him that weapon so configured for the photo. That reeked of all sorts of potential command issues to me, and I even discussed it with my better half at the time - it had triggered her warning lights as well.

As @mdwest suggests, the photo also would have caught the attention of his command. After all, the attention it generated was embarrassing to his command, the fleet to which the ship was assigned, and the Navy as a whole. I have no doubt that the Commodore/ Rear Admiral first in his chain of command, had he not been doing so before, began paying a lot of close attention to Yaste and that crew. The decision to relieve for cause based on "loss of confidence" would have been a result of a cascade of small things rather than one incident.

I am not certain how the relief action would have been initiated in the Navy, but it probably was managed by the Rear Admiral commanding the destroyer squadron to which the McCain is assigned. One can be certain, the Admiral commanding the Roosevelt strike group would have had a very influential opinion.

The O6 deputy to the destroyer squadron commander would be the logical available senior officer to assume temporary command. Whatever you think of her, she has had a distinguished career in the combat surface navy including operations officer of a guided missile destroyer, combat systems officer of a cruiser, and most importantly, successful command of a guided missile destroyer. I would suspect she is on the short list for future promotion to admiral. I would also suspect the navy and the admiral commanding the Roosevelt strike group are glad she was available. There are not many people with that skill set in this country. She will hold temporary command until Yaste's permanent relief is available.

Last edited:
Did the rifle come out of the ship’s armory? If so they need to drug test the ships armorer.
The scope appears to be on a LaRue quick release mount which can be quickly mounted either way on the rail. It was likely stored without the optic on it. Whomever put it on before he shot was not paying attention. I wonder how how his rounds grouped?

A mass shooting at a High School in Georgia. 4 confirmed dead. Shooter was a 14 year old student.
My prayer's to the people who lost someone in this senseless tragedy

Absolutely. A sum total of a pattern of behaviour and performance of his crew would have gone into the determination to relieve him. It is why his command and the Navy used the specific terminology "loss of confidence in his ability to command." In other words, there was no single incident. However, I personally am certain the photo was indicative of that climate.

I was angered when I first saw it weeks ago and not because of the scope. Rather, he had no business so posing, and someone handed him that weapon so configured for the photo. That reeked of all sorts of potential command issues to me, and I even discussed it with my better half at the time - it had triggered her warning lights as well.

As @mdwest suggests, the photo also would have caught the attention of his command. After all, the attention it generated was embarrassing to his command, the fleet to which the ship was assigned, and the Navy as a whole. I have no doubt that the Commodore/ Rear Admiral first in his chain of command, had he not been doing so before, began paying a lot of close attention to Yaste and that crew. The decision to relieve for cause based on "loss of confidence" would have been a result of a cascade of small things rather than one incident.

I am not certain how the relief action would have been initiated in the Navy, but it probably was managed by the Rear Admiral commanding the destroyer squadron to which the McCain is assigned. One can be certain, the Admiral commanding the Roosevelt strike group would have had a very influential opinion.

The O6 deputy to the destroyer squadron commander would be the logical available senior officer to assume temporary command. Whatever you think of her, she has had a distinguished career in the combat surface navy including operations officer of a guided missile destroyer, combat systems officer of a cruiser, and most importantly, successful command of a guided missile destroyer. I would suspect she is on the short list for future promotion to admiral. I would also suspect the navy and the admiral commanding the Roosevelt strike group are glad she was available. There are not many people with that skill set in this country. She will hold temporary command until Yaste's permanent relief is available.
I don't know, amigo. She checks the right boxes. It's as easy for me to imagine she's as qualified for what she's doing, and earned all her awards much the same way as the 2 female soldiers actually having "passed" Ranger school a couple years ago.

It'd be easier to eat a Vaseline sandwich than to believe she hasn't been helped along, and quite a lot.

I don't know, amigo. She checks the right boxes. It's as easy for me to imagine she's as qualified for what she's doing, and earned all her awards much the same way as the 2 female soldiers actually having "passed" Ranger school a couple years ago.

It'd be easier to eat a Vaseline sandwich than to believe she hasn't been helped along, and quite a lot.
Of one thing I am certain, neither you or I know anything about her career other than what jobs are listed in her bio. Those are progressively of more demanding responsibility in the surface navy. Most importantly, she successfully commanded the class ship of which she is currently taking temporary command. The Roosevelt Strike Group is in harm's way, and the admiral commanding that group clearly preferred her to Yaste or this would not be occurring. I would implicitly trust his experience and judgement, to most casual commentators - amigo.

I should also note that I, like every successful military officer, benefitted from a lot of mentoring during my career.

Also, as of this spring, nearly 150 female soldiers have successfully completed Ranger School.

Here is a pretty good article on the first nurse to make it through.

Last edited:
I’m guessing Yaste has voiced political views in the past. Similar to the Marine Officer booted for speaking out on the forced Covid vaccine.

A wild guess is Yaste is a Trump supporter.

As we know, Military officers are not to be openly discussing politics.

Even though Milley has engaged in political discussions and campaigns for years

Lots of questions besides the scope on backwards!

Brass flying appears to confirm he was actually firing the weapon.
Forward hand grip appears too far back
Another rifle in lower part of the photo
A rather large hand on his back shoulder.

1725487505484.png

I’m guessing Yaste has voiced political views in the past. Similar to the Marine Officer booted for speaking out on the forced Covid vaccine.

A wild guess is Yaste is a Trump supporter.

As we know, Military officers are not to be openly discussing politics.

Even though Milley has engaged in political discussions and campaigns for years
My guess is he was incompetent - regardless of his political beliefs.

I’m sure there is something to less than stellar performance reviews also. But incompetence alone doesn’t explain the speed of the removal.

No one has been removed from command for the Afghanistan withdrawal.

These days the only way to get fired that fast is a DEI issue, or spouting off openly about the Commander in Chief

I’m sure there is something to less than stellar performance reviews also. But incompetence alone doesn’t explain the speed of the removal.

These days the only way to get fired that fast is a DEI issue, or spouting off openly about the Commander in Chief

The picture was taken a couple months ago, this decision wasn’t made overnite. My guess is a reasonable inquiry was made if his performance was otherwise good. And at that point other issues were uncovered that led to him being relieved.

You have every right to believe what you wish to believe. I personally believe what you suggest is incorrect. That too admittedly is a personal belief. I will simply note that from a non-navy senior officer with some real world experience in relief of a subordinate commander for cause, this was anything but a sudden decision, and had nothing to do with Afghanistan.

So, are you saying the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle was not due to Biden directives and deadlines, but due to the incompetence of the Army personnel executing the mission?

If it is the latter, then I don't think anyone can fault Biden. :unsure:

So, are you saying the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle was not due to Biden directives and deadlines, but due to the incompetence of the Army personnel executing the mission?

If it is the latter, then I don't think anyone can fault Biden. :unsure:
Wow, I hate to comment on military affairs too much, but that has to be a huge reach. You are really stretching to defend Biden and his administrative debacle.

I hope to God our top military officers are not that incompetent to pull off such a total disaster without being pushed hard by their non military. political leaders.

I firmly believe in our system of keeping ultimate control in the hands of elected officials. But I also believe most really bad military big picture decisions are made by those politicians. However it sure seems to be better than endless Coups and Marshall Law that might be more common without those safeguards.

Wow, I hate to comment on military affairs too much, but that has to be a huge reach. You are really stretching to defend Biden and his administrative debacle.

I hope to God our top military officers are not that incompetent to pull off such a total disaster without being pushed hard by their non military. political leaders.

I firmly believe in our system of keeping ultimate control in the hands of elected officials. But I also believe most really bad military big picture decisions are made by those politicians. However it sure seems to be better than endless Coups and Marshall Law that might be more common without those safeguards.
Actually, it is the opposite. My point was about your comment:
"No one has been removed from command for the Afghanistan withdrawal." which comes across as blaming the military for the debacle.

General consensus has been that Biden by giving the military an unwinnable mission was solely responsible for Afghanistan.

I was just pointing out that you can't blame the military AND Biden at the same time.

He was making the opposite point.

Actually, it is the opposite. My point was about your comment:
"No one has been removed from command for the Afghanistan withdrawal." which comes across as blaming the military for the debacle.

General consensus has been that Biden by giving the military an unwinnable mission was solely responsible for Afghanistan.

I was just pointing out that you can't blame the military AND Biden at the same time.
Exactly

I remember first seeing that picture. Figured it was an AI or Photoshop hoax.

It would seem as soon as you looked through the scope backwards you'd know something was wrong and not fire. But it does have flying brass in the pic.

Also there is no smoke or physical sign of recoil despite the pic needing to have been taken fractions of a second after case ejection in order for them to be that close to the weapon.

There are numerous questions about this story that will probably never be made public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EssieMorre

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]