Politics

Well, I would not go as far as saying Trump is personification of Madura. Yes, there are similarities in regard to denying election results and declaring victory etc.. But, Trump is not there yet. :unsure:

Very clever… in your own mind ;)

BTW the name is Maduro not Madura

Joe, dont you think its possible that something else in the commanders background, other annoyances, or infractions is what led to his canning?
He is a decorated seaman and I personally find it hard to believe that the scope thing alone is responsible for him being beached.
I would have thought something like an official reprimand, letter in your file type of punishment would have sufficed.
Seems to me not worthy of ruining a career over.
And isnt it interesting that his replacement is a lesbian, married to another lesbian in the Navy and both are gay activists??
WOKE anyone?

"The Navy says on its website that Yaste, a native of Knoxville, Tennessee, has earned awards including the "Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (three awards) and Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (two awards)."
Absolutely. A sum total of a pattern of behaviour and performance of his crew would have gone into the determination to relieve him. It is why his command and the Navy used the specific terminology "loss of confidence in his ability to command." In other words, there was no single incident. However, I personally am certain the photo was indicative of that climate.

I was angered when I first saw it weeks ago and not because of the scope. Rather, he had no business so posing, and someone handed him that weapon so configured for the photo. That reeked of all sorts of potential command issues to me, and I even discussed it with my better half at the time - it had triggered her warning lights as well.

As @mdwest suggests, the photo also would have caught the attention of his command. After all, the attention it generated was embarrassing to his command, the fleet to which the ship was assigned, and the Navy as a whole. I have no doubt that the Commodore/ Rear Admiral first in his chain of command, had he not been doing so before, began paying a lot of close attention to Yaste and that crew. The decision to relieve for cause based on "loss of confidence" would have been a result of a cascade of small things rather than one incident.

I am not certain how the relief action would have been initiated in the Navy, but it probably was managed by the Rear Admiral commanding the destroyer squadron to which the McCain is assigned. One can be certain, the Admiral commanding the Roosevelt strike group would have had a very influential opinion.

The O6 deputy to the destroyer squadron commander would be the logical available senior officer to assume temporary command. Whatever you think of her, she has had a distinguished career in the combat surface navy including operations officer of a guided missile destroyer, combat systems officer of a cruiser, and most importantly, successful command of a guided missile destroyer. I would suspect she is on the short list for future promotion to admiral. I would also suspect the navy and the admiral commanding the Roosevelt strike group are glad she was available. There are not many people with that skill set in this country. She will hold temporary command until Yaste's permanent relief is available.

Last edited:
Did the rifle come out of the ship’s armory? If so they need to drug test the ships armorer.
The scope appears to be on a LaRue quick release mount which can be quickly mounted either way on the rail. It was likely stored without the optic on it. Whomever put it on before he shot was not paying attention. I wonder how how his rounds grouped?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kate368999

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]