Politics

Where is the international outcry about the Russian air strikes on civilians over the last couple of nights?
If this was Israel all hell would be coming down on them from the international community.

International community = hypocrites.

Stuff like this is why I left Seattle in 1989, it was already going south then! I was born in Seattle in 1953 and raised there. My buddy and I spent weekends just wandering around on foot, downtown, Pike Place, First Hill, shooting pool, bowling, getting into minor troubles as young boys and teenagers will do, but it never felt like it was unsafe.
My parents barely had a minutes worry about our safety. When I was 8 years old I walked around Lake Union right in the middle of the city by myself. Its an 8 mile walk, mom packed a snack and called my grandma in Fremont and told her to keep an eye out for me. I showed up there got some lunch and kept on trucking home.
I would no more allow anyone under 16 to do that today than fly over the moon! Seattle is now like most major cities in America, just a big shithole run by criminals for criminals!
I went to Seattle for the first time in 2012 and returned every summer until COVID; even before COVID the decline was noticeable.

However the decline was universal amongst sanctuary cities; Austin was much the same with it's "progressive politics" and the influx of Californians and their ideals threw gasoline on the fire.

In 2017 newly elected Travis Co. Sheriff Sally Hernandez declared that Austin/Travis Co. jail a sanctuary city and further declared that illegals would only be held for 3 crimes....

1. Murder
2. Aggravated sexual assault
3. Human Trafficking

At the time of this announcement there were 200 illegals in the Travis Co. Jail - All but 48 were allowed to bond out instead of being held for immigration detainers.

48 of 200 = 24% of the illegals being held in the Travis Co. jail were charged with crimes eligible for LIFE sentences.

Other issues quickly arose because of the verbiage of the policy..... such as sexual assaults with out the aggravated enhancement were allowed to bond out.

One inmate was released on bond for sexual assault of a child while he still had an open warrant in Lubbock Texas for the same crime, this man was later caught trying to illegally enter Mexico to escape justice.

Another inmate was in the process of being released and was being handed his property when a member of a local news crew informed the sheriffs department that the individual while charged with child molestation; however the details of the court documents did confirm the alleged acts were AGREVATED sexual assault of a child under the age of 12 and the Sheriffs deputies had to act fast to keep him locked up because news crews were waiting outside the jail to break the story of him being released.

Only the threat of imminent embarrassment and subsequent public backlash made the Sheriff hold him.

Anyone notice the similarity between current political affairs in Venezuela and what’s been going on in the US?
Well, I would not go as far as saying Trump is personification of Madura. Yes, there are similarities in regard to denying election results and declaring victory etc.. But, Trump is not there yet. :unsure:

I think he got screwed over by whoever set up the rifle for him. Though, I think he should have realized the issue the moment he looked at/through the scope.

My ex-SIL retired as a Navy Captain. Earlier in her career she was leading boarding teams in the Gulf, she knew enough about guns to discern the difference. So, this whole thing is weird.

Last edited:

I think he got screwed over by whoever set up the rifle for him. Though, I think he should have realized the issue the moment he looked at/through the scope.
Did the rifle come out of the ship’s armory? If so they need to drug test the ships armorer.

My ex-SIL retired as a Navy Captain. Earlier in her career she was leading boarding teams in the Gulf, she knew enough about guns to discern the difference. So, this whole thing is weird.

I believe you're correct in that it was setup incorrectly for him. The question is was it intentional? If the commander was not respected on his ship, this would be a way to get back at him. It would be interesting to know the background.

Did the rifle come out of the ship’s armory? If so they need to drug test the ships armorer.

I believe you're correct in that it was setup incorrectly for him. The question is was it intentional? If the commander was not respected on his ship, this would be a way to get back at him. It would be interesting to know the background.

The Navy Commander needs to hire Alec Baldwin's lawyer. He'd certainly get his command back and probably promoted.

Wasn't there an infamous ad several years ago for a H&K pistol, where a loaded magazine is beside the pistol and the bullets were loaded backwards. H&K claimed it was the advertising agencies fault. Call it the Alec Baldwin defense.

Absolutely it was intentional. What the devil was the ship's commanding officer doing showing off with the rifle for the cameras to begin with?!? Absolutely not his job and in doing so was taking away the opportunity to showcase one of his sailors or marines. Loyalty runs both directions in the chain of command. I suspect the whole incident speaks eloquently to his unfitness for command.

Well, I would not go as far as saying Trump is personification of Madura. Yes, there are similarities in regard to denying election results and declaring victory etc.. But, Trump is not there yet. :unsure:
That was really pretty good. :A Way To Go:

All of this is true and incredibly shameful chapters from our history. My point is that antisemitism is not exclusive to the Democratic Party. However, I do believe many on the left have convinced themselves that their side cannot be antisemitic, which has allowed for such voices as the anti-Israel movement to grow so prominent.
Then why are you having a difficult time believing that the Democrat Party consistently stands against the best interest of Israel as well as US citizens?

Anyone notice the similarity between current political affairs in Venezuela and what’s been going on in the US?
The current democrat party is no different than what Venezuela has for leadership.
Democrats are on a mission for totalitarianism. Once they get the corrupt upper echelon of U.S Military leaders onboard with that totalitarian agenda, it will be lights out for freedom in this country.
Ever so slowly moving in that direction.
Speak out on social media, and uniformed people will be knocking down your front door.

When someone like Kamala starts talking about having the government control the grocery industry.........

You dont see dogs & cats roaming the streets in Venezuela.......they get eaten.

Absolutely it was intentional. What the devil was the ship's commanding officer doing showing off with the rifle for the cameras to begin with?!? Absolutely not his job and in doing so was taking away the opportunity to showcase one of his sailors or marines. Loyalty runs both directions in the chain of command. I suspect the whole incident speaks eloquently to his unfitness for command.

^^ this ^^

A USN or USMC NCO should have been behind that rifle if the intent was to do some sort of social media "marketing" or "recruiting", etc.. or.. if they were actually needing to engage a target for some reason...

Whether or not the optic was on backwards IMO is inconsequential... the fact that hes showboating for a camera rather than the people that SHOULD be in that position tells me quite a bit about his leadership (or lack thereof)...

^^ this ^^

A USN or USMC NCO should have been behind that rifle if the intent was to do some sort of social media "marketing" or "recruiting", etc.. or.. if they were actually needing to engage a target for some reason...

Whether or not the optic was on backwards IMO is inconsequential... the fact that hes showboating for a camera rather than the people that SHOULD be in that position tells me quite a bit about his leadership (or lack thereof)...

It makes one think the NCO/Petty Officer knew this was going to happen and flipped the scope for grins.

Evidently, Tim Walz's cousins in Nebraska don't think too much of him. I'll bet they are glad he moved to Minnesota.

1725473587795.png

Attachments

• 1725473572729.webp
    1725473572729.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 24
Joe, dont you think its possible that something else in the commanders background, other annoyances, or infractions is what led to his canning?
He is a decorated seaman and I personally find it hard to believe that the scope thing alone is responsible for him being beached.
I would have thought something like an official reprimand, letter in your file type of punishment would have sufficed.
Seems to me not worthy of ruining a career over.
And isnt it interesting that his replacement is a lesbian, married to another lesbian in the Navy and both are gay activists??
WOKE anyone?

"The Navy says on its website that Yaste, a native of Knoxville, Tennessee, has earned awards including the "Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (three awards) and Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (two awards)."

Last edited:
I am also no expert, but it appears to me that Trump has been much less sharp in his speeches, rambling much more, etc. To be clear, cognitive decline is a normal part of aging, not pathological. I suspect that the cognitive impairment we are seeing in Biden is pathological in its etiology. I would not be surprised if we learn that Biden has Parkinson’s.

If Jewish voters were going to abandon a political party because of the positions of the fringe and equivocating by some leaders, then we would never vote. It is just an unfortunate reality of antisemitism.

Fringe and equivocating? The democratic nominee for president refused a better VP running mate just because he's a Jew.

Joe, dont you think its possible that something else in the commanders background, other annoyances, or infractions is what led to his canning?
He is a decorated seaman and I personally find it hard to believe that the scope thing alone is responsible for him being beached.
I would have thought something like an official reprimand, letter in your file type of punishment would have sufficed.
Seems to me not worthy of ruining a career over.
And isnt it interesting that his replacement is a lesbian, married to another lesbian in the Navy and both are gay activists??
WOKE anyone?

I am certain there is more to his removal from command than just the scope in the pic.. Im going to guess that scope was either the straw that broke the proverbial camels back.. or that it was what cracked the door on an investigation.. which ultimately led to his dismissal.. the scope pics made its rounds and went viral on the internet months ago... (its not recent)...

like I said above... the real question being asked by his higher shouldnt be whether or not he has enough small arms knowledge to understand how a scope works or how a scope should be mounted (although he should at least have a fundamental understanding of every weapon system on that ship... from the handguns to the surface to air missiles it carries..).. what theyre asking when they see this is "what kind of senior leader does this sort of thing?", "what motivated this commander to do this?", etc... which likely led to his peers, subordinates, etc all being asked those questions...

when that onion got peeled back.. higher likely didnt like what they saw/heard..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggheadmarketers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]