Politics

Another update from Ukraine - or Russia, I should more properly say. After attempting to drop it with a HIMARS rocket strike (four rockets), the Ukrainians rather decisively took out the Glushkovsky Bridge over the Seym River in Kursk. This is a significant river barrier and will make it very difficult, perhaps impossible for the Russian Army to maintain forces south of it. It is the first clear indication that I have seen, that the UA intends to potentially hold this territory for some period of time.

View attachment 626897

Secondly, it looks like it was taken out by a aircraft delivered JDAM. The clip below shows the the damage caused by the earlier HIMARS strike (they aren't really intended for dropping bridges, but bloody accurate aren't they), and then the typically precise hit by the JDAM. Interesting point about the JDAM is that a UA fighter bomber was able to successfully operate at altitude at the Russian border.

From a purely military perspective, this whole incursion, however successful, would be deemed inconsequential. But wars are as much about political consequence as military ones.

If I was Ukraine, I'd take and hold as much territory in Russia as possible, then wait for Russia to sue for peace. In the end, Ukraine gets back its territories in a swap.

@Red Leg is that your read of the incursion strategy as well?

Can anyone explain to me why Russia is allowed to possess Koenigsberg? (Kaliningrad)

I heard 3-4 months ago that their over land supplies were being restricted and could easily be cut off. It's the strategic naval yards for the Russians, its isolated 1000 miles West of Moscow. It borders Poland and Lithuania, and without it the Russian fleet cannot have sustainable presence in the Baltic and North Seas.

It just seems a logical piece of dirt to deny the Russians, truly crippling their naval capabilities against NATO.

Obviously this would be an escalation since it doesn't border Ukraine, but wouldn't that be the target to seize to cut off Belarus supplying much of Russia's Navy?

Yes, in an exchange with the West, the damage to the West would be enormous. But that done to Russia would be existential. Putin and Xi, let's not leave him out, fully realize this.

Especially if the Russian nuclear arsenal, as well as the troops operating them is of the same caliber as what has been thrown into the Ukraine meat grinder up until now. It might be a lot of paper strength.

Brent, Harely Davidson is not in the best financial health. Sales are down.

They most likely are forced to borrow capital.

There are very few ways to get capital. Let alone low interest capital. Unless your companies ESG scores are in the upper quartile.

It’s a long tedious process to do an annual audit and submit your corporate environmental impact; (metric tons of carbon emitted) water and energy usage.

Then comes DEI. What are you social Justice programs. Minority makeup, gender and LGBTQ ? Policies and inclusivity.

All of these topics are rolled into your overall ESG score

It’s an exhaustive annual submission.

Most employees know nothing about it because it’s done from HR and Senior executive level

Now the really bad news. This is coming down from Davos Switzerland and the global capitalists.

Black Rock equity and others have a huge impact on large corporations DEI policies. If you don’t do as they say you get no capital or the interest rates are so high you can’t afford them.

Just read up on the man that runs Black Rock and how he says citizens need to be led and forced into the “right” way of thinking. Read up on him and you’ll get where we are going as a country and why.

Also read up on the annual Davos summit.

Just as many things left leaning, it’s hard to find an honest report using a Google search They tend to hide any negative light being cast on the direction we are being forced into.

The best truly free and honest reporting comes from Hillsdale College. It’s hard to get the facts from the internet.

“Dear Mr. Vanconant,
Thank you for requesting Hillsdale College’s video series, “The Great Reset?”

Filmed on the Hillsdale campus, the series considers the idea of the Great Reset, its ramifications for America, and pro-freedom alternatives.

Below are links to each of the six videos in the series:

1. “What is the Great Reset?” by Michael Rectenwald
  2. “Woke Capitalism vs. Profit” by Vivek Ramaswamy
  3. “Cashless Society” by James Rickards
  4. “Is ‘Environmental Justice’ Good for the Environment?” by Mark P. Mills
  5. “The Great Reset from China’s Perspective” by David P. Goldman
  6. “The Alternative to the Great Reset” by Brian Wesbury
Please enjoy your free video series about the Great Reset.

Warm regards,

Larry P. Arnn

President, Hillsdale College

Pursuing Truth and Defending Liberty Since 1844 “””

Last edited:
Please do yourself a huge financial favor. For you and your family. Listen to the videos in the links above. You won’t get this from Google. It’s not from Left or Right nut jobs.

The video “ Cashless society” is the most disturbing to me. And it’s coming.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me why Russia is allowed to possess Koenigsberg? (Kaliningrad)

I heard 3-4 months ago that their over land supplies were being restricted and could easily be cut off. It's the strategic naval yards for the Russians, its isolated 1000 miles West of Moscow. It borders Poland and Lithuania, and without it the Russian fleet cannot have sustainable presence in the Baltic and North Seas.

It just seems a logical piece of dirt to deny the Russians, truly crippling their naval capabilities against NATO.

Obviously this would be an escalation since it doesn't border Ukraine, but wouldn't that be the target to seize to cut off Belarus supplying much of Russia's Navy?
Konigsberg, along with all of East Prussia, were taken by the Red Army in the final months of the war. It had extensive naval infrastructure, and in the months following the conflict, none of the allied powers seriously objected to Russia's stated intent to hold it as a form of reparation. This was ratified in the Potsdam Agreement of 1945. The small surviving German population was forcibly removed - many to Siberia. The current population of nearly two million are all Russians and a few Balts. Most significantly, the area was incorporated into the Soviet Union as an oblast (state).

As Russia's only ice free port on the Baltic, it became militarily significant as the Cold War intensified. It was soon one of the most heavily militarized bits of geography on the planet and was a dagger pointed at the heart of NATO. It was also the home port of the Baltic fleet.

With the collapse of the Soviet Union, it initially lost much of its importance. However, the rise in tensions with NATO since 2014 again made it militarily significant. That has since again changed dramatically with the entry of Sweden and Finland into NATO. As you suggest it has made Kaliningrad extremely vulnerable and now of limited value in a confrontation with the West.

But, regardless of its location (think Hawaii) it is still a part of the Russia. It is an incorporated state populated by Russians - not an occupied subject nation as the Baltic states were. To take action against Kaliningrad would be an act of war against Russia. No responsible leader in the West is remotely considering such an action.

You know this country has gone to shit, when Harley Davidson goes woke.
Wellllllll.... They did kinda hold association with assless chaps as part of the "rugged individualist" standard Harley uniform for a long time.

Shoulda seen it coming. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emyy23ly

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!