Show Your Custom Rifles With Granite Mountain Arms Actions

JD Noblin

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Tanzania, South Africa, Natal, England, Australia, South America, Canada (New Foundland, British Columbia)
I bet the members of this forum have some fantastic custom rifles build on the Granite Mountain Arms action. Post up your GMA rifle and tell us a little about it.

Below is what I call my "heavy plains game" rifle in 338 Norma Magnum. It's built on a GMA African Magnum action with a 24" McGowan barrel milled into a sporter octagon barrel. The wood is Turkish Walnut and the action finish is rust blue with screw heads, extractor claw and trigger in nitre-blue. The bolt shroud, pistol grip cap, and rings are color-cased. The action has accent engraving and some minor gold lines. This rifle shoots a 250gr Northfork soft at 3015fps. I've taken a variety of plains game with it with 99% of the animals dropping to the shot, including eland.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
7.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
13.jpeg
14.jpeg
17.jpeg
18.jpeg
21.jpeg
23.jpeg
24.jpeg
25.jpeg
26.jpeg
26a.jpeg
28.jpeg
31.jpeg

Very nicely executed. Congratulations!

View attachment 628724View attachment 628725
My matching set of GMA actions. 505 Gibbs & 375 H&H.

HH
Those look great! Love the color-cased actions! Can you tell us more about the 505 and your hunts with it?

I don't own a 505 but am thinking about building one. My favorite safari writer is John A. Hunter and one of two cartridges he loved the most was a 505 Gibbs (the other being a 500 Nitro Express).

Top is Dennis Olson 416 Rigby, serial #0096, action from the Prescott AZ location. Bottom unknown maker, very early rifle sold through Empire Rifles, East African Model, 500 Jeffery,pictured in Terri Weilands Book of Big Game Rifles.

Attachments

• GMA Rifles.JPG
    GMA Rifles.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanineBlaz

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!