Politics

Arizona proof of ID - Supreme Court

I'm hoping the author of the article misunderstood the ruling? Perhaps more clarification is forthcoming???
To me, federal should have more stringent requirements. This seems inverted.

(I mean... requiring proof of citizenship is a no brainer and I find it moronic that this is even an issue but alas...)

How on earth does it make sense to allow proof of citizenship to vote in state issues but not in federal ones?

Arizona proof of ID - Supreme Court

I'm hoping the author of the article misunderstood the ruling? Perhaps more clarification is forthcoming???
To me, federal should have more stringent requirements. This seems inverted.

(I mean... requiring proof of citizenship is a no brainer and I find it moronic that this is even an issue but alas...)

How on earth does it make sense to allow proof of citizenship to vote in state issues but not in federal ones?

Can only make rulings on whats before the court.

The nuclear option is concerning. You are correct in that they are getting their behinds handed to them. They can't even get a handle on how many soldiers they've lost because they are quite literally burying them in fields. The fact Ukraine pushed into Kursk likely has Putin fuming.

I think the unspoken "black swan" for the world right now is Putin finally realizes his back is up against the wall and uses a small scale tactical nuke, which they have.

Russia has not faced a large scale defeat in a true modern war. They "lost" the Chechen war only to come back, bomb Grozny to rubble, and engineer a backdoor deal with a warlord to "win." So they won. They got their butts beat in the Afghan war. A lot of people have gotten beat there. Didn't really make sense to nuke a country of mostly mountains and sand.

This one? The world is watching, they have two black eyes. I'd say my 2 fears for the world right now is 1) Russia presses the button and/or 2) Iran/Hezbollah/Hamas wage a true all out war on Israel.

If Russia does go nuclear, I don't see an easy or viable way back from that for the world. And I think that's the only thing stopping him from doing it.
Perhaps.

We probably should define what constitutes a modern war. I won't go all the way back to Crimea which was a Russian fiasco during the nineteenth century. During the 20th century, Russia was defeated by Japan in the Russo Japanese War of 1904-05. They were next defeated by German / Austrian forces in 1917, resulting in a separate peace with the Central Powers. Russia was then defeated by Poland in the in the Soviet Polish War of 1919-21. The next passage of arms was with Finland during the Winter War of 1939-40. While not a resounding Finnish victory, the attempt by the Soviets to invade Finland was a catastrophic Russian bloodbath where Russia desperately sought a negotiated settlement. Russia was more successful in the Continuation War from 1941-45 where Finland foolishly joined forces with Germany. Even then, Finland preserved its independence from an exhausted Soviet Union and as we all know, recently joined NATO. Russia was a victor in the Second World War, but only with enormous fiscal and materiel support from the United States. They were next defeated in Afghanistan and most analysts consider their Chechen efforts, though successful, largely Pyrrhic.

My only point is Russia has a lot of historical experience with military failure.

Let's say they do fire a couple of tactical nuclear weapons into Ukraine. That pesky Article Three to NATO will insure that those weapons won't strike Poland or another NATO country. I would fully anticipate that NATO immediately would declare Ukraine a NATO air defense zone; the US would move hypersonic assets to Europe or announce their presence; the full available Ohio class fleet would put to sea; US and British AMD assets would position themselves; and Russian could choose between standing down or assured national and cultural extinction.

Yes, in an exchange with the West, the damage to the West would be enormous. But that done to Russia would be existential. Putin and Xi, let's not leave him out, fully realize this.

Last edited:
A manhunt was underway here in Arizona for Ronald Lee Syvrud, a 66-year-old sex offender in Cochise county, who threatened to kill Donald Trump via posts made on several social media platforms over the last several weeks
He was apprehended a little while ago.
Trump was just in Cochise county for a visit over border issues.

Perhaps.

We probably should define what constitutes a modern war. I won't go all the way back to Crimea which was a Russian fiasco during the nineteenth century. During the 20th century, Russia was defeated by Japan in the Russo Japanese War of 1904-05. They were next defeated by German / Austrian forces in 1917, resulting in a separate peace with the Central Powers. Russia was then defeated by Poland in the in the Soviet Polish War of 1919-21. The next passage of arms was with Finland during the Winter War of 1939-40. While not a resounding Finnish victory, the attempt by the Soviets to invade Finland was a catastrophic Russian bloodbath where Russia desperately sought a negotiated settlement. Russia was more successful in the Continuation War from 1941-45 where Finland foolishly joined forces with Germany. Even then, Finland preserved its independence from an exhausted Soviet Union and as we all know, recently joined NATO. Russia was a victor in the Second World War, but only with enormous fiscal and materiel support from the United States. They were next defeated in Afghanistan and most analysts consider their Chechen efforts, though successful, largely Pyrrhic.

My only point is Russia has a lot of historical experience with military failure.

Let's say they do fire a couple of tactical nuclear weapons into Ukraine. That pesky Article Three to NATO will insure that those weapons won't strike Poland or another NATO country. I would fully anticipate that NATO immediately would declare Ukraine a NATO air defense zone; the US would move hypersonic assets to Europe or announce their presence; the full available Ohio class fleet would put to sea; US and British AMD assets would position themselves; and Russian could choose between standing down or assured national and cultural extinction.

Yes, in an exchange with the West, the damage to the West would be enormous. But that done to Russia would be existential. Putin and Xi, let's not leave him out, fully realize this.
I learn more here by your post Sir than all reading of news anywhere else. Thank you for your service and thoughtful responses. BZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txhunter210

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!