Politics

So UT would be #1. And that ain't Tennessee.

Over my long career as a petroleum engineer, I worked with lots of CSM PE grads who were quite good. On par with A&M, UT, LSU, Oklahoma, Stanford, Tulsa, Penn St, etc.

What I never could quite figure out, was how anyone could learn the various, difficult subjects a Petroleum Engineering major entailed, without the benefit of professor or students talking to each other.

Yes, the Colorado School of Mimes is in a league of it's own. :A Shutup:

View attachment 625129
Haha well that’s quite a generalization! CSM only offers degrees in engineering, sciences and applied mathematics. It’s not the typical university full of liberal arts and other types of degrees. It’s a smaller school that punches way above its weight class. As for LSU, I wasn’t talking about numbers of graduates in the industry, only the best! Lol.

CSM #3 for a small school in a beautiful setting with a top D2 football program. Some great hunting minutes away. My son came up after football practice and helped me get this hunter’s big sheep off the mountain. Can’t do that at just anywhere! He also dated a girl at CSM whose mother was the CFO of a major oil company based in Houston. Sent her daughter to CSM!

IMG_0418.jpeg

Last edited:
A man kind to mans best friend,unlike the Republican Kristi Noem who shot hers.
Kristy Noem has more fortitude in her pinky finger than Walz has in his whole pinky body.

I challenge you lot to find a pic of Trump on a hunt.. Walz is a hunter..

View attachment 625127

And I dont care if Trump´s son(s) hunt..they are not running for President.. so its irrelevant.

Trump..is a golfer. Golf is a sport invented by rich brits who did not care for hunting & fishing..

Donald Trump never wore a military uniform. Walz is at least a long time National Guard...so he should know the service..if he has to take over as POTUS and else to give K.H. advice should she win..

And maybe he will tone down her crusade against assault rifles..we will see..
Any dimbulb can pose with a shotgun and a bird.

Kristy Noem has more fortitude in her pinky finger than Walz has in his whole pinky body.

I like her fortitude, her values, but she's another one with diarrhea of the mouth (and pen). The piece about the dog in her book was so terribly untimely. Literally, if she had left that out of her book and or had not published the book at that time, she'd probably have been top 3 for Trump's VP pick. Things work different on a farm, I get it. General public could have gone without knowing that though.

Walz is just a real weird character. Hunter, outdoorsman, champion of tampons in boy's bathrooms in schools, and abortion supporter. The guy is a walking conundrum. Him being a hunter and outdoorsman makes me dislike him slightly less. I'd have to be in my coffin, someone wheels me up to a voting machine, and puts my finger on the "democrat" button for me ever to vote for him.

I'm beginning to like Vance a little more. The confrontation of Harris on the runway was pretty ballsy. I sadly wonder if the American people are smart enough to get this right in November, though.

I'd have to be in my coffin, someone wheels me up to a voting machine, and puts my finger on the "democrat" button for me ever to vote for him.
I'm not sure it's that complicated. I think in a few Democrat strongholds, you can vote after death while being buried. They have it figured out without needing your finger;)

View attachment 625157
Maybe we should poll the AH members who regularly pheasant hunt and see what type of sneakers they wear.

Can't fault any hunter for that.

I actually do wear a sort of sneakers type orthopedic shoe while hunting when the weather is nice. As the weather cools and gets nasty I switch to boots for the needed traction.

But then again I'm also known to hunt wearing moccasins or going barefoot.

Back to the front for a moment - the sort of place Tim Walz carefully never experienced. The Ukrainian offensive into the Russian Kursk Oblast is continuing. My original thought was this was a punitive raid designed to relieve pressure around Kharkiv - and that still may be the case. However, Ukraine has committed several mechanized brigades to the attack (Russian sources over on Telegram - Ukraine is remaining mum - are claiming elements of nine different brigades have been identified). I am beginning to wonder if the seizure isn't an effort to reset conditions for eventual negotiations.

I am always empathetic to the plight of civilians caught up in any military engagement. However, there is a certain ironic karma associated with these displaced Russian citizens of Kursk making a video pleading for help from the little dictator in the Kremlin.

Last edited:
Returning to our earlier back and forth...

That "help" they believe they're providing isn't much help to the downtrodden, I submit it harms them, and not merely metaphysically.

But that's not even the worst aspect. Having the government be in the position to provide that sort of "help" means they wield a lot of power and control a lot of money, both of which things make those programs very ripe for abuse and demagoguery.

Worse still is the recipients. Almost all of them are where they are because they never learned how to make good decisions. Giving them free money in perpetuity unburdens them from ever having to learn how to make good decisions. Then you end up where we are, with multiple generations never having learned how to make good decisions. We've created a permanent dependency class.

One simple example of poor decision-making: groceries. If they had to spend their own money, they'd likely opt for (the much cheaper) whole fruit like melons, pears, peaches, and the like. Instead, they waste money on the more expensive plastic trays and cups full of already-diced fruit. They don't know any better because their parents were dependency class as well, and life's circumstances never enforced the idea of frugality on them.

Or they buy big screen TVs, or get lots of tats, or expensive hair weaves, or any number of things that people who have to work for their money would never spend it on.
I would say that the deterioration of our education system, particularly the loss of civics and home ec classes, has done exponentially more harm to the lower class (and the country overall) than any possible welfare dependence.

But I do agree with you to an extent, giving people endless financial support without any education on how to properly manage their finances is a preposterously bad idea.

I would also say that the laxity around permanent disability is also far more harmful than almost any other form of government support.

Vance never saw combat either..he was deployed as a USMC military journalist in Iraq..

Vance never saw combat either..he was deployed as a USMC military journalist in Iraq..
Unlike Walz, Vance never claimed to have carried an AR-15 in combat. But also unlike Walz, he deployed to Iraq and did his job as ordered. Walz retired early rather than deploy with his unit - a unit for which he was the senior enlisted man. From my foxhole, that is pretty despicable.

Unlike Walz, Vance never claimed to have been "in combat." But also unlike Walz, he deployed to Iraq and did his job. Walz retired early rather than deploy with his unit - a unit for which he was the senior enlisted man. From my foxhole, that is pretty despicable.

IF he resigned to avoid deployment then I agree...but it is a bit unclear..

Back to the front for a moment - the sort of place Tim Walz carefully never experienced. The Ukrainian offensive into the Russian Kursk Oblast is continuing. My original thought was this was a punitive raid designed to relieve pressure around Kharkiv - and that still may be the case. However, Ukraine has committed several mechanized brigades to the attack (Russian sources over on Telegram - Ukraine is remaining mum - are claiming elements of nine different brigades have been identified). I am beginning to wonder if the seizure isn't an effort to reset conditions for eventual negotiations.

I am always empathetic to the plight of civilians caught up in any military engagement. However, there is a certain ironic karma associated with these displaced Russian citizens of Kursk making a video pleading for help from the little dictator in the Kremlin.

Do you think they will capture and hold land for that negotiation to trade boundaries?

IF he resigned to avoid deployment then I agree...but it is a bit unclear..
He apparently retired/resigned about a month before his unit shipped. It would seem to be a curious coincidence of timing, especially in light of his not yet having completed his CSM training.

Do you think they will capture and hold land for that negotiation to trade boundaries?
I do not know, but the scale of the operation now seems to be more than a punitive raid. The longer they remain and/or broaden the zone of occupation, the greater the political problem for the Kremlin and the weaker their negotiating position. There are parallels to the aborted Wagner drive toward Moscow where again the Russian military seemed paralyzed and unable to quickly respond. The UA isn't going to Moscow, but the AO is devoid of extensive defensive barriers which means the UA is able to conduct true maneuver ops. Will be interesting to watch.

Unlike Walz, Vance never claimed to have carried an AR-15 in combat. But also unlike Walz, he deployed to Iraq and did his job as ordered. Walz retired early rather than deploy with his unit - a unit for which he was the senior enlisted man. From my foxhole, that is pretty despicable.
I had a pair of sergeants when I was in HPD special operations - for active burglaries, we were required to wait for one of them to get there because they were going in first. Balls of fucking steel. Old timers (they were both younger than I am now, lol), they both carried wheel guns. Monty Rose and Roynell Rideau, still remember those 2 badasses 30 years later. I hope retirement has been good to them.

Kamala Harris was a political loser until this summer.. And she did not take over because she was popular..she got popular because she took over..

That may not be the best basis for a tough election campaign..

I would say that the deterioration of our education system, particularly the loss of civics and home ec classes, has done exponentially more harm to the lower class (and the country overall) than any possible welfare dependence.

But I do agree with you to an extent, giving people endless financial support without any education on how to properly manage their finances is a preposterously bad idea.

I would also say that the laxity around permanent disability is also far more harmful than almost any other form of government support.
Amigo, it's "your team" which has controlled education for the last 3 or 4 decades, at least. It's the left that has turned civics on its head - how many people, thanks to the left, believe the preamble actually authorizes welfare? A curious power largely unknown to presidents and congresses for more than 140 consecutive years, until FDR came to power.

James Madison said:
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DennisPoin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED