Politics

Donald Trump never wore a military uniform. Walz is at least a long time National Guard...so he should know the service..if he has to take over as POTUS and else to give K.H. advice should she win..

That is irrelevant. A senior NCO knows his pigeonhole. I would not expect him to know ins and outs of running a battalion or even more macro war making. So, saying him "knowing service" is like saying the janitor knowing details of what is going on at C suite of a Fortune 100 corporation.

Not to mention, the job of "Commander-in-Chief" is to make policy and provide direction. The POTUS has a professional cadre at the Pentagon that "know" the service and have the know-to execute the directives of the POTUS. If military service was a requirement, we would be electing retired general officers as POTUS.

IMG_3051.jpeg

That is irrelevant. A senior NCO knows his pigeonhole. I would not expect him to know ins and outs of running a battalion or even more macro war making. So, saying him "knowing service" is like saying the janitor knowing details of what is going on at C suite of a Fortune 100 corporation.

Not to mention, the job of "Commander-in-Chief" is to make policy and provide direction. The POTUS has a professional cadre at the Pentagon that "know" the service and have the know-to execute the directives of the POTUS. If military service was a requirement, we would be electing retired general officers as POTUS.
What exactly do you mean you would not expect a senior NCO to understand the ins and outs of running a battalion?

Ask @Red Leg , he has run a battalion. Could a senior NCO have done his job? If so, why would we need senior officers?
I do not need to ask @Red Leg. I did the job in combat quite a few times as a CSM. How many years, decades, combat deployments are the basis for your statement? Very rarely do I comment on this thread. I feel your statement does not take into account all the NCOs that actually run a battalion, brigade, or division, or Task Force....with no officers present. Quite a few people on here can vouch for my service if you want it.

Last edited:
Ask @Red Leg , he has run a battalion. Could a senior NCO have done his job? If so, why would we need senior officers?
What exactly do you mean you would not expect a senior NCO to understand the ins and outs of running a battalion?

And I would have done a poor job being the senior noncommissioned officer of a battalion, brigade, or division. Army leadership - particularly combat units - is an interesting symbiosis between commander and first sergeant or sergeant major. In the West the noncommissioned officer corps truly is the backbone of the force. They run the combat formations of the army on a daily basis - peacetime or at war. They assure professionalism and adherence to standards on a daily basis. It is a major difference between our military and that of Russia on display in Ukraine.

At first sergeant / company commander level, a good first sergeant is as much mentor as subordinate to a company commander. At battalion level the relationship is more that between two professionals with the battalion commander leaning on the greater experience of his sergeant major with regard to many decisions. At brigade and above, it is usually the relationship between to highly experienced professionals working in tandem to get the mission accomplished. At no level in which I served was there a doubt who was in command, but none of those commands could have functioned effectively without noncommissioned officer leadership.

And I would have done a poor job being the senior noncommissioned officer of a battalion, brigade, or division. Army leadership - particularly combat units - is an interesting symbiosis between commander and first sergeant or sergeant major. In the West the noncommissioned officer corps truly is the backbone of the force. They run the combat formations of the army on a daily basis - peacetime or at war. They assure professionalism and adherence to standards on a daily basis. It is a major difference between our military and that of Russia on display in Ukraine.

At first sergeant / company commander level, a good first sergeant is as much mentor as subordinate to a company commander. At battalion level the relationship is more that between two professionals with the battalion commander leaning on the greater experience of his sergeant major with regard to many decisions. At brigade and above, it is usually the relationship between to highly experienced professionals working in tandem to get the mission accomplished. At no level in which I served was there a doubt who was in command, but none of those commands could have functioned effectively without noncommissioned officer leadership.
I'll offer a vignette which perhaps illustrates the unique relationship between a commander and his command sergeant major. Upon taking a command, at the first meeting I held as a commander with commanders and staff, at which the CSM was always present, I would direct that the only person in the command who could give MY command sergeant major an order was me. There was a lot of deliberate undefined implication with that directive, but it assured me that battery and battalion commanders listened to his guidance closely.

I stay out of this topic because it comes down to wrestling with a pig in the mud most of the time. However, you sir, stepped over the line.

You are way out of your element and level of knowledge. This statement shows you know nothing about the military and NCO’s. I trained, equipped and led foreign Battalions, Regiments and Divisions; and did it all in another language that I am fluent in. I served as a Senior Advisor on Presidential Military Staffs in LATAM. I feel very comfortable in stating I forgot more about military operations and combat at the battalion level and above than you could ever know. Hell, the SP4 mafia is more knowledgeable. I led an ODA without a Team Leader for over 3 years because an officer couldn’t meet the Host Nation’s requirements for experience and language capability needed for the area we were working.

You should stick to your comfort zone of fine rifles, luxurious kit and travel. In that, your knowledge is accepted.

Safe travels

I stay out of this topic because it comes down to wrestling with a pig in the mud most of the time. However, you sir, stepped over the line.

You are way out of your element and level of knowledge. This statement shows you know nothing about the military and NCO’s. I trained, equipped and led foreign Battalions, Regiments and Divisions; and did it all in another language that I am fluent in. I served as a Senior Advisor on Presidential Military Staffs in LATAM. I feel very comfortable in stating I forgot more about military operations and combat at the battalion level and above than you could ever know. Hell, the SP4 mafia is more knowledgeable. I led an ODA without a Team Leader for over 3 years because an officer couldn’t meet the Host Nation’s requirements for experience and language capability needed for the area we were working.

You should stick to your comfort zone of fine rifles, luxurious kit and travel. In that, your knowledge is accepted.

Safe travels
Friggin A!

RLTW

Friggin A!

RLTW
Sua Sponte!! RLTW! A SP4 with a Tab would have a field day with this guy. Let alone an NCO at a PLT, Company, Battalion or Regiment level. And the officers would be cheering him on.

Sua Sponte y De Opresso Liber!!

Safe travels

Safe travels
I stand corrected. I had no idea that a National Guard senior NCO had the breath of knowledge equivalent to a member of JCS. I wonder why they reduced Waltz's rank upon retirement due to him not taking an NCO course, after all he could have filled in at any position in the most senior levels of US Army.

Heck, instead of having a one-star general officer as The Commandant of National War College, they should maybe have a National Guard NCO lead it. :unsure:

Last edited:
From what I understand, his unit received notice of being deployed a month or so in advance. THEN he resigned.

Reserve, National Guard; either or. Command knew the orders were coming long before a month prior to deployment.

Unlike active duty units reserve and national guard units, with exceptions (this unit doesn't fall into the exception category), are notified several months prior to deployment so the units have the opportunity to requisition and receive necessary equipment they maybe lacking.

Walz was "milking the cow" for all he could get before notifying Chain of Command he was retiring. Frankly I'm not surprised, oh wait this is the new..new...new army, the CoC didn't rubber stamp him as mission essential, involuntary 12 months extended duty.

I stand corrected. I had no idea that a National Guard senior NCO had the breath of knowledge equivalent to a member of JCS. I wonder why they reduced Waltz's rank upon retirement due to him not taking an NCO course, after all he could have filled in at any position in the most senior levels of US Army.
Why do you say “after all he could have filled in the most senior levels….? Why??? Is that based on your military experience or the news? His position could have been filled with an e type silhouette. Most of my career was in units where merit earned positions and deployments. He had ZERO experience and qualifications to earn him more than janitorial and landscaping duties where I was stationed. You obviously have a warped and misunderstood view of the NCO Corps. On my last ODA, I was the Team Leader and least educated. I had a Bachelor’s degree. I am fluent in 2 languages besides English and had a working knowledge in 2 other. Most of my team had Masters Degrees. We stayed deployed 6-8 months a year. All of my 18D’s (SF Medics) are now PA’s or Surgeons.

NG and Active Duty differences are at times similar to “Call of Duty” and actual combat. No disrespect intended but those who know the difference know. There are NG and Reserve units that saw a lot of action, especially in the Special Operations area.

Reality check: He went to drill once a month and never deployed but was allowed waiver for no show for once a month drill as needed. He could NOT have filled in at most levels. We have a thing called merit and experience in the military real world. Based on that, a SP4 with a Ranger Tab would have ate him alive. He is and was a poser and a tool. News, politics and civilians
are not privy to this information most of the time, nor do they understand it. After all, who wants to hear about someone who actually did nothing?? Yet they generally get all the attention while the quiet professionals remain quiet.

Again, you need to stay to fine rifles, fine kit and fine travel. That is your expertise. Those who know find your comments on the military insulting.

Safe travels

Heck, instead of having a one-star general officer as The Commandant of National War College, they should maybe have a National Guard NCO lead it. :unsure:

Maybe you should lead it. You seem to have a lot of knowledge and experience. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Unconfirmed information; the scuttlebutt has it that Walz was an "Acting Jack" Sergeant Major and retired at his actual rank.

Why do you say “after all he could have filled in the most senior levels….? Why??? Is that based on your military experience or the news? His position could have been filled with an e type silhouette. Most of my career was in units where merit earned positions and deployments. He had ZERO experience and qualifications to earn him more than janitorial and landscaping duties where I was stationed. You obviously have a warped and misunderstood view of the NCO Corps. On my last ODA, I was the Team Leader and least educated. I had a Bachelor’s degree. I am fluent in 2 languages besides English and had a working knowledge in 2 other. Most of my team had Masters Degrees. We stayed deployed 6-8 months a year. All of my 18D’s (SF Medics) are now PA’s or Surgeons.

NG and Active Duty differences are at times similar to “Call of Duty” and actual combat. No disrespect intended but those who know the difference know. There are NG and Reserve units that saw a lot of action, especially in the Special Operations area.

Reality check: He went to drill once a month and never deployed but was allowed waiver for no show for once a month drill as needed. He could NOT have filled in at most levels. We have a thing called merit and experience in the military real world. Based on that, a SP4 with a Ranger Tab would have ate him alive. He is and was a poser and a tool. News, politics and civilians
are not privy to this information most of the time, nor do they understand it. After all, who wants to hear about someone who actually did nothing?? Yet they generally get all the attention while the quiet professionals remain quiet.

Again, you need to stay to fine rifles, fine kit and fine travel. That is your expertise. Those who know find your comments on the military insulting.

Safe travels
Good break down brother. Guessing you're a BRAVO as well. Same dirt, dust, and chicken and rice.
NCO's lead, Good "O"'s recognize this, and stay out of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraoutfitters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED