Politics

Which means exactly what? If you invest $1000 and Elon Musk invests $1000 dollars is that the same thing? It is why defense spending goals of NATO allies are based upon percentage of GDP. I agree that NATO members should reach that goal, and thanks to Putin more do now than at any time since the end of the Cold War.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend......We are obliged to fight amongst ourselves, but when you choose to join uninvited we will oblige ourselves to join together to defeat you.

Russia and China would want to occupy North America thus the threat of a nuclear strike from either is less likely for many reasons.

Then and now, probably more so now with all the technology advances, the biggest deterrent to a Russian or Chinese invasion is not so much the Amerixan military, but the well armed don't give a shit Billy Bob, Bubba, etc.backwoods, hillbillies, that often like to shoot any stranger first before asking any questions.

The biggest threat of a nuclear bomb being set off in the US would be from Iran or other anti American terrorist group and North Korea. Their mentality is to prove to the rest of the world how powerful they are. The aftermath of such an attack would be total unhinged American anger focused solely on the total enilation/ genocide of the country responsible.

When America's 2nd Civil War breaks out it will be genocidal. Pretty much white and black will start enilating All You Others, once the AYO's are totally eliminated, It'll be pick your side with the side going into battle firstest with the mostest, wins.
AYO's:
Politicians, former and present
Large, mega money Corporate leaders,
Anti's: hunting, guns, etc.
Animal Rights/ Greenies/ etc.
Illegal immigrants, you look "Hispanic" ancestry, you look Mid Eastern ancestry
Etc
Etc

While some in Russia might want to occupy the USA. I highly doubt most in power do. The same with China. They are all too busy skimming money and selling products making themselves rich. Without the US, there’s the money going on come from? Answer, nowhere else.

Which means exactly what? If you invest $1000 and Elon Musk invests $1000 dollars is that the same thing? It is why defense spending goals of NATO allies are based upon percentage of GDP. I agree that NATO members should reach that goal, and thanks to Putin more do now than at any time since the end of the Cold War.

Certainly a valid point General. But taking into account our debt load, I will be a bit of a thorn in your side here or pain in the a$$, however you see it, but at the same time acknowledge that our defense spending has been dropping and appears to be near the last low in 2001. But you know $50 billion here, a $100 billion there and sooner or later you're talking about real money. And please note that we spend roughly double the combined total that China and Russia do.

Certainly a valid point General. But taking into account our debt load, I will be a bit of a thorn in your side here or pain in the a$$, however you see it, but at the same time acknowledge that our defense spending has been dropping and appears to be near the last low in 2001. But you know $50 billion here, a $100 billion there and sooner or later you're talking about real money. And please note that we spend roughly double the combined total that China and Russia do.

I am not sure I get your point. It is still a function of comparative GDP. But yes, debt impacts whatever discretionary spending is left available for anything else.

While some in Russia might want to occupy the USA. I highly doubt most in power do. The same with China. They are all too busy skimming money and selling products making themselves rich. Without the US, there’s the money going on come from? Answer, nowhere else.

As a communist country the money comes from those mining, working farms, industry or what's left of it. The money is here for those in power to take. Those in power will pillage anything and everything they can wood, coal, iron, copper, gold silver, etc., etc.

I am not sure I get your point. It is still a function of comparative GDP. But yes, debt impacts whatever discretionary spending is left available for anything else.

Looking at it from a pure dollars point of view, disregarding how much of a percentage of GDP the spend may be. Do we really need to spend more than double that which China and Russia spends? If we "only" spent let's say $750 billion, would we really be hurting our defensive capabilities?

I don't really know the answer to that question nor will I even take a guess. But our newest provocateur, @glen matunas has a point in regards to our debt load. At some point that debt becomes a threat to national security too. Do we need to completely eliminate it? I don't think so, but it sure seems like reducing it from current levels would be wise.

Can that come from only reducing defense spending? I wouldn't think that wise either, but it would seem reasonable that it be part of the solution.

I pay over $800 a month per employee on health care costs (I pay 100%, no employee contributions) plus on average over $10K a month overall payroll costs. I pay about $2,000/month per degreed engineer with minimum 5 years of experience overseas, you do the math.
I need a job in two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejus

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text (503) 724-8373. Email bhr324@gmail.com
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?