Politics

If the European work force is so stellar why does the USA send every freaking leaching country of the eu American tax dollars? Euro men should take care of there own damn countries without USA handiuts
there is a huge difference between the typical US or Euro worker and the governments of the US and the governments of Euro nations.. youre confusing the two..

I pay over $800 a month per employee on health care costs (I pay 100%, no employee contributions) plus on average over $10K a month overall payroll costs. I pay about $2,000/month per degreed engineer with minimum 5 years of experience overseas, you do the math.

youre getting off cheap! I might need to move our corporate entity to your state lol... we're in at about $1050 per employee per month.. and we're not paying 100%... we're about 80%...

:)

there is a huge difference between the typical US or Euro worker and the governments of the US and the governments of Euro nations.. youre confusing the two..
How? How much money does any euro government or company send across the pond via its citizens taxes? Again euro countries would collapse like dominions quickly without us tax dollars and military. It’s fact and it sucks, not just for the euro countries but also really sucks for us tax payers.

and with the emergence of BRICS all us foreign aid and military support should come to an immediate end. Getting old helping unfriendly countries kick our ass all the time

But go ahead and keep importing foreign workers to save money
Why not just move your company overseas and be done with it?

As I clearly stated earlier in the posing I’m retired…have been for 2 years. At one point at the height of my small medical practice I employed 5 hard working Americans, treated and paid them better than the competition. Was very successful and retired young enough to enjoy life. Would have never even considered interviewing a foreigner

You don’t sound like you enjoy life.

And honestly any person that want a job in the USA should be a citizen

But go ahead and keep importing foreign workers to save money
Why not just move your company overseas and be done with it?
We do not have a sufficient work force for the amount of jobs we have. Especially in high tech, farming and hospitality among others. It is not about saving money per se.
Heck, some years ago we were importing doctors from Philippines to have them get licensed and work as nurses due to shortages (which we still have)

Funny because I’m having a blast, start my day deciding if I’m fishing, shooting or just kill in it in the garden

How? How much money does any euro government or company send across the pond via its citizens taxes? Again euro countries would collapse like dominions quickly without us tax dollars and military. It’s fact and it sucks, not just for the euro countries but also really sucks for us tax payers.

Read your original post...

"If the European work force is so stellar why does the USA send every freaking leaching country of the eu American tax dollars? Euro men should take care of there own damn countries without USA handiuts"

The US government isnt funding the private sector work forces in Europe.. It is providing different aid and assistance packages to certain foreign governments... there is a very clear and obvious difference..

Im with you on the US spending far to many dollars funding way too many fruitless programs abroad... USAID in particular has got to be one of the most wasteful agencies Ive ever seen...

But that has little to nothing to do with business or individual employees..

Companies do business to make money... this is especially true of large corporate entities where shareholders must be satisfied... if IBM or Ford or Facebook is sending dollars overseas, rest assured their intention is to make money off of that action... if they are employing Filipinos as opposed to Floridians.. rest assured the reason is they believe it is a sound business decision that will result in better margins, or better performance, or both, etc..

and the same can be said for things going the other direction... IKEA didnt invest hundreds of millions of dollars in the US marketspace out of goodwill or charity.. neither did Toyota or BAE Systems...

The sad reality of our current situation is foreign workers in many cases simply out perform US workers these days... they are almost always more affordable.. they almost always bring less liability.. in many cases they bring just as much education.. and in many cases they bring better work ethics..

Which makes it incredibly difficult for US companies.. especially publicly traded firms where shareholder satisfaction is paramount.. to pass on hiring foreign nationals when given an opportunity...

Our education system isnt what it was 30 years ago.. our work ethic isnt what it was 30 years ago.. etc.. but our workers are demanding more benefits.. more money.. less work.. less responsibility.. etc..etc..

thats not to say ALL foreign workers are better.. they certainly are not...

but if your choice is a US citizen, with 5 years of work experience, that holds a key industry certification and a degree from an accredited university.. who wants $120K a year to do a job.... or a German national that has 7 years of work experience, holds the same industry certification, and also has a degree from a good university.. who will do the same work for $80K a year.. and will likely be more reliable and stay with you longer because that $80K is 15% above market for him... while the $120K for the American is 10% below market...

Who do you think most companies are going to hire?

We do not have a sufficient work force for the amount of jobs we have. Especially in high tech, farming and hospitality among others. It is not about saving money per se.
Heck, some years ago we were importing doctors from Philippines to have them get licensed and work as nurses due to shortages (which we still have)
there is a HUGE medical services shortage in Texas...

they are literally bringing in West African nurses in very large numbers (mostly Nigerian.. but from a few other places as well) at several of the large Dallas area hospitals.. because there simply arent enough nurses to fill the need....

Don’t most euro governments support your free benefits health care? So we pay euro governments so you get free shit. And still get enough military might between all combined to defend yourself, ok I got it

Don’t most euro governments support your free benefits health care? So we pay euro governments so you get free shit. ...
Most European governments also tax the sh*t out of their citizens for the "free health care" and education. Half the country here do not pay taxes while getting free stuff.

That really sucks for the good folks of Texas, sub standard care from a non citizen, sounds absolutely terrible
Why do you assume that the care is sub standard just because the person is here on a work permit? In my example of Phillipines you had trained doctors working as nurses (and still making more than doctors at home).

Why do you assume that the care is sub standard just because the person is here on a work permit? In my example of Phillipines you had trained doctors working as nurses (and still making more than doctors home).
I don’t know maybe Covid opened my eyes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KitClawson

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text (503) 724-8373. Email bhr324@gmail.com
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?