Politics

Only in the 5th circuit ;)

We have an appeals process for a reason.

The 9th was the shopping ground for the left the past 60 years. The 5th became the shopping ground for the right in the past ten years. Before that the right wasn't smart enough or shrewd enough to shop legal decisions.

When politics becomes true farce. AOC intends to impeach members of the Supreme Court. :rolleyes:

When politics becomes true farce. AOC intends to impeach members of the Supreme Court. :rolleyes:

I know in another thread any more profanity gets a vacation, but just when you think that dumb A can’t get any stupider, she does.

Last edited:
Meanwhile back at the front, more and more clips like the one below are beginning to surface on the Telegram channel. Wounded soldiers are being forced back to the front lines to participate in ever more fruitless efforts to advance. As usual, the appeal is directed back to higher military and civilian authority. Other clips show horrible medical treatment of the wounded. Perhaps Russian soldiers will continue to apathetically obey and die. But I can't help but wonder if we aren't also perhaps watching the curtains of 1917 slowly being drawn open. To paraphrase Yeats, at some point the center can no longer hold.

There must be an oversupply of poor people in Russia.

There must be an oversupply of poor people in Russia.
It is even more insidious. Russia really isn't a country. It is an eighteenth century empire made up of a geographic, cultural, and linguistic collection of conquered peoples. Great Russia or the Grand Duchy of Moscow has held that bicontinental realm with a iron fist keeping those minority populations in what has essentially been economic servitude for generations.

Putin has been very careful not to force many from Russia proper into the bloodbath that is Ukraine. Citizens of Moscow and St. Petersburg are finding many luxuries hard to get, but their husbands, fathers, and children have largely avoided the war. It is why he has not dared called for a general mobilization.

How long he can carry on that balancing act is the question.

It is even more insidious. Russia really isn't a country. It is an eighteenth century empire made up of a geographic, cultural, and linguistic collection of conquered peoples. Great Russia or the Grand Duchy of Moscow has held that bicontinental realm with a iron fist keeping those minority populations in what has essentially been economic servitude for generations.

Putin has been very careful not to force many from Russia proper into the bloodbath that is Ukraine. Citizens of Moscow and St. Petersburg are finding many luxuries hard to get, but their husbands, fathers, and children have largely avoided the war. It is why he has not dared called for a general mobilization.

How long he can carry on that balancing act is the question.
I have seen reports that Russia is also hiring men from Asian countries like Nepal to bolster their numbers. I am not sure how widespread or effective this has been, though.

I have seen reports that Russia is also hiring men from Asian countries like Nepal to bolster their numbers. I am not sure how widespread or effective this has been, though.

While Nepal is a poor country, I find to hard to believe that the Gurkha’s would be in the mercenary business for Russia.

While Nepal is a poor country, I find to hard to believe that the Gurkha’s would be in the mercenary business for Russia.
Well that would explain why this article says Nepal wants them back:

The Nepalese as a rule are willing to fight for anyone that pays well...

Typically they work a "circuit"... they first go try out for the British Gurkha Regiment.. if they arent selected there, they go try out for the Indian Gurkha Regiment.. if the Indian army doesnt select them, they enlist in the Nepal Army and become "Gurkhas" there.. a significant number of Nepalese also go to the French Foreign Legion either after a hitch in the Nepal Army or the Indian Army since the French pay better, offer better equipment and training, etc..etc..

Security companies actually have to be pretty careful when hiring Nepalese (Ive personally had several dozen work for me in both Iraq and Afghanistan over the years).. because all Gurkha's are not created equally.. the level of training and the level of professionalism for example you'll see in a guy that spent a hitch in the Brit army is EXTREMELY different than the quality of a Gurkha troop you'll typically get out of the Indian regiment.. which is substantially better than what you'll get out of a guy that served a hitch in the Nepalese army..

LOTS of "Gurkha" troops make their way in to the private sector and have worked both defensive/security and offensive operations all over the globe in support of wars in the middle east, asia, and Africa (I'd assume elsewhere also.. but I have personally seen them involved in these three places)... to their credit they are loyal, hard working, and dedicated troops (albeit vastly different levels of training and competency depending on where they came from) for whoever pays them... but it is not uncommon for "Gurkha's" to have worked for multiple countries other than their own (whether the french, brits, indians, USA, US or Euro paramiliary organizations like Triple Canopy, Blackwater, SOC, EODT, Control Risk, etc.. or Wagner/Russia, etc..etc..) at different times during their careers...

Another fun fact about Gurkha's.. you have to be very careful about what you say and/or ask them to do... they tend to take you very literally.. and again they are ultra loyal and dedicated...

If youre a senior guy in charge and make a passing comment around a Gurkha to the tune of "that bastard is worthless.. he needs to disappear from the earth...".... you will probably need to provide some clarity very quickly... or that bastard may indeed disappear soon lol...

Wonder if Justice Thomas could have ever dreamed of today during the spectacle of his Biden led confirmation hearings.

LOL. Even more brutal .....

Last edited:
Another fun fact about Gurkha's.. you have to be very careful about what you say and/or ask them to do... they tend to take you very literally..

I worked with a few marines like that. LOL :A Stirring:

Today's SCOTUS ruling is also a very positive outcome for Biden.
He can't be prosecuted for any of his dirty deeds while he was president.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSawran

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.
JG26Irish_2 wrote on 9412765's profile.
RE: Interarms Whitworth 375HH f/sale f/$850. If still available, I will buy it. I am in KY can do a face to face deal. My e-mail is:

kent.warco.llc@gmail.com or PM me here. Cell is: 606-923-3162

Your 5 hrs f/me. You travel to OH w/work. If you can be at Cincinnati, OH that 1/2 way. I can travel most days but Friday afternoons are best. Let's set up a date/time/location to meet up.
thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.