Politics

Today's SCOTUS ruling is also a very positive outcome for Biden.
He can't be prosecuted for any of his dirty deeds while he was president.
It's the Vice Presidential ones I want to see pursued on "the big guy." He really put the "vice" in VP!

The Biden team is now blaming advisor's for his embarrassing performance. People that have stood with him for years.
Why is it, that Democrat's always have to blame everyone else but themselves? Is it simply the inability to take personal responsibility for what they do?
Has lying become such a fall back position, that they feel anyone won't see thru it ?
Even that greasy snake, Gavin Newsom, is blaming republicans for issues in California, when that state is pretty much a mono-party anyway.
Truly mind boggling.

I know many will simply shrug their shoulders and say Trump is simply being Trump, and the certifiable farther right led by Bannon et al may even agree with him that such nonsense represents a viable course of action. But, the real casualty of circulating this sort of drivel is the impact on more moderate voters who Trump has the opportunity to win - not frighten away. This sort of unthinking behavior simply reinforces every wild claim made by Rachel Maddow, Joy Behar, and even Biden's little diatribe about the Supreme Court.

For those who can't bear the thought of reading a full NY Times opinion piece, Trump decided to repost a suggestion to his followers on Truth that

“Elizabeth Lynne Cheney is guilty of treason,” the post said. “Retruth if you want televised military tribunals.”

He further suggests others who would benefit from such tribunals included President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Senators Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer and former Vice President Mike Pence, among a host of others.

Trump all too often demonstrates the common sense and maturity of a twelve year old.

I know many will simply shrug their shoulders and say Trump is simply being Trump, and the certifiable farther right led by Bannon et al may even agree with him that such nonsense represents a viable course of action. But, the real casualty of circulating this sort of drivel is the impact on more moderate voters who Trump has the opportunity to win - not frighten away. This sort of unthinking behavior simply reinforces every wild claim made by Rachel Maddow, Joy Behar, and even Biden's little diatribe about the Supreme Court.

For those who can't bear the thought of reading a full NY Times opinion piece, Trump decided to repost a suggestion to his followers on Truth that

“Elizabeth Lynne Cheney is guilty of treason,” the post said. “Retruth if you want televised military tribunals.”

He further suggests others who would benefit from such tribunals included President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Senators Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer and former Vice President Mike Pence, among a host of others.

Trump all too often demonstrates the common sense and maturity of a twelve year old.

Good grief, is there no one who can help this man with a bit of a filter? It’s like there is a shiny self destruct button and he just can’t help pushing it. I tend to agree with those who feel his statements are simply bombastic and ill advised, but frankly I’m not sure.

He is riding the wave of two major victories. At a time when he could have shifted independents solidly behind him, he pulls a stunt like this. I sometimes wonder if his real goal is divisiveness and defeat.

Trump is the spoiled 12 year old that has never had a boss. And so never has had to moderate his behavior to fit an environment.

He’s a lot like Ted Nugent that way. Could be far more influential to a larger crowd if when younger they learned to calibrate or equalize to their environment.

I know many will simply shrug their shoulders and say Trump is simply being Trump,

Well, first of all, it is Trump being Trump...

Secondly, you have to consider the context and forums where he posts 99% of his hyperbolic rhetoric. This was not said during the debate or in a press conference... It's on a social media platform where the audience is very specifically his base and his most ardent critics which he trolls regularly in case you hadn't noticed... This is Trump trolling his enemies and firing up his base, and that's not likely to change. The undecided moderates you suggest he might dissuade are not on these platforms following Trump, and even if they were, I seriously doubt at this point in time that Trump's personality and subsequent rhetoric is going to be the determining factor that will encourage or dissuade a moderate or independent voter from voting for him.

Is it ill-advised? To somebody like you, of course it is... But, to anyone paying attention to Trump since 2015, Trump is not an establishment politician, nor is he a traditional conservative. He is a populist who leans conservative on most issues. Establishment republicans like McCain, Cheney, Romney, etc., hate Trump and were happy to stab him in the back. Yet, by doing so, these RINOs have done a great disservice to this country by letting their emotions affect their political obligations to the people who have elected them. They are guilty of the very thing that they themselves accuse Trump of doing, with the big difference being that Trump has not acted on his vengeful rhetoric as they have...

As for the accusation itself, I would stop short of calling Cheney's and Romney's acts treasonous. But they are certainly not patriots either...

Last edited:
Twelve? That was incredibly generous.

This election should be a runaway for the Republicans but Trumpy keeps reminding me why I voted for Haley in the primary. Based on the numbers, many others feel the same way.

Well, first of all, it is Trump being Trump...

Secondly, you have to consider the context and forums where he posts 99% of his hyperbolic rhetoric. This was not said during the debate or in a press conference... It's on a social media platform where the audience is very specifically his base and his most ardent critics which he trolls regularly in case you hadn't noticed... This is Trump trolling his enemies and firing up his base, and that's not likely to change. The undecided moderates you suggest he might dissuade are not on these platforms, and even if they were, I seriously doubt at this point in time that Trump's personality and subsequent rhetoric is going to be the determining factor that will encourage or dissuade a moderate or independent voter from voting for him.

Is it ill-advised? To somebody like you, of course it is... But, to anyone paying attention to Trump since 2015, Trump is not an establishment politician, nor is he a traditional conservative. He is a populist who leans conservative on most issues. Establishment republicans like McCain, Cheney, Romney, etc., hate Trump and were happy to stab him in the back. Yet, by doing so, these RINOs have done a great disservice to this country by letting their emotions affect their political obligations to the people who have elected them. They are guilty of the very thing that they themselves accuse Trump of doing, with the big difference being that Trump has not acted on his vengeful rhetoric as they have...

As for the accusation itself, I would stop short of calling Cheney's and Romney's acts treasonous. But they are certainly not patriots either...
You are correct. It wasn't said in a debate. It was an idiotic repost to each and every one of his million + followers on Truth, and every liberal or democrat reporter or strategist that mines that garbage dump daily. That is how it made it this morning, following the SCOTUS decision no less, into the New York Times, The Hill, CNN, The Boston Globe, etc. etc. etc.

Of course I don't expect the vast majority of his core supporters to read any of it, because the story won't find its way into confirmation biased reporting. But it will reach those moderates he desperately needs in swing states. Particularly if and when Biden is replaced with Newsom.

As for the people who don't care for Trump "letting their emotions affect their obligations to the people who have elected them ......" I would suggest someone quickly buy Trump a mirror. He and his blindly supportive followers would benefit enormously.

It is frankly beyond me how even the biggest fan of Trump can't see how brazenly stupid and childish this behavior is. His uncontrollable adolescence grievances don't seem to affect his loyal base at all, but it is the last thing he needs to demonstrate to those shying away from Biden and the unconvinced in his own party. To remind, he still needs that skeptical 15-20% of the Republican party to come home. He seems determined to instead drive them away.

Last edited:
A month or so ago didn’t Trump in an interview say that the prosecution of political rivals had to stop? At the time I thought he had grown up a little bit at least to a 15yr old level and then he does that re-tweet and diverts back to an 8yr old. Some are doing a great disservice to 12yr olds.
Are the Democrats going to stop trying to prosecute political rivals? No they won't.

Are Trump, and the entire republican party, supposed to stand idly by, and let this persecution continue?

Republicans need to adapt to the radical changes in the political arena, or we can kiss this constitutional republic goodbye.

RINO'S and republican complacency helped pave the way, to some extent, to what we are witnessing on the left side of the fence.

Eye for an eye.

Are the Democrats going to stop trying to prosecute political rivals? No they won't.

Are Trump, and the entire republican party, supposed to stand idly by, and let this persecution continue?

Republicans need to adapt to the radical changes in the political arena, or we can kiss this constitutional republic goodbye.

RINO'S and republican complacency helped pave the way, to some extent, to what we are witnessing on the left side of the fence.

Eye for an eye.
No the democrats will carry on as they always do.
Rebulicans better get off their collective butts and vote for strong candidates.
I don’t have the answers but I do know things must change, prosecutions can still happen but they have to be rock solid cases and pull a democrats play out of their playbook and shop for a fair and impartial judge.

Good grief, is there no one who can help this man with a bit of a filter? It’s like there is a shiny self destruct button and he just can’t help pushing it. I tend to agree with those who feel his statements are simply bombastic and ill advised, but frankly I’m not sure.

He is riding the wave of two major victories. At a time when he could have shifted independents solidly behind him, he pulls a stunt like this. I sometimes wonder if his real goal is divisiveness and defeat.

I have said multiple times that neither one is tenable. Either A) He's just being bombastic, and I have zero tolerance for such behavior - say what you mean and stand behind it. Period. or B) He means what he says, in which case he's no one I would EVER support; I would agree with those who say he's a danger to our country. Whether I choose to vote or not (right now that's a pretty firm feeling 'no') I really hope and pray he picks a rock solid running mate.

I wish I shared your confidence, but there are two things here to consider...

First thing is never underestimate the capability and determination of the democrats to do whatever is necessary to get a candidate elected... They have demonstrated time and again that they are masters at taking advantage of early voting and exploiting voting loopholes... They are split right now as a party, and I'm quite certain that at least half of them are considering every option to remove Brandon from the ticket. However, if they cannot, they will rally together like they did in 2020 and resort to anything within their grasp to get this idiot re-elected... You can bet your ass that they will double, and triple down on the abortion issue which was key to them in killing the red wave in 2020...

Secondly, never underestimate the stupidity of the voters in this country... With all we have seen so far, Brandon still maintains an approval rating of 37%... It makes you wonder who these people are that actually believe that Brandon is doing a good job? It's literally laughable yet terrifying at the same time that Brandon still has this level of support now that he has demonstrated to the world that he has officially lost most of his marbles... Anything can happen in the next several months which is an eternity in an election cycle... If they can manage to hide Brandon back in the basement from now until then, and hammer away at the abortion thing, and the convicted felon crap, it could still make it much closer than it should ever be... I hope I'm wrong..!
Good points.....but I also think the polls are still not taking into account the closet Trump voters. I think the shift in the voting blocks of suburban women, African American men, youth and hispanics compared to 2020 can not be overcome with Biden as the nominee. Now that it is obvious to millions of people that Biden is incapable of being the President the stratgey of keeping him in the basement again will only further cement the fact he is incapable, don't think that strategy will work as well this time. Yes, I agree the Dems will try and cheat again, perhaps even more than they did in 2020 but the RNC is more tuned into many of the tricks the Dems used last time. They will push early voting and ballot harvesting where it is legal and they will have many more more folks monitoring the polling locations in the battle ground states. Also, if the Dems get too brazen with their cheating this time perhaps they get caught. I still think Trump, if he remains healthy and standing, is just about a lock to win. I have placed bets with a few of my staunch liberal friends...I am confident I will be collecting. And even more valuable than the money will be the look on their face when I collect.

Interesting story on China. Also Russia and Georgia. Important comments by US Ambassador to China at 12 minutes into the video.

When it comes to the swamp, Liz Cheney is a bottom feeder. Fortunately, she got kicked to the curb of irrelevance where she belongs.
And hilariously her not so brilliant father said she’s the only one that can stop Trump……. Wyoming voters turned into crickets on primary day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberta395

Latest profile posts

matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.
JG26Irish_2 wrote on 9412765's profile.
RE: Interarms Whitworth 375HH f/sale f/$850. If still available, I will buy it. I am in KY can do a face to face deal. My e-mail is:

kent.warco.llc@gmail.com or PM me here. Cell is: 606-923-3162

Your 5 hrs f/me. You travel to OH w/work. If you can be at Cincinnati, OH that 1/2 way. I can travel most days but Friday afternoons are best. Let's set up a date/time/location to meet up.
thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.