Politics

Donald Trump has an 18 point lead in Iowa.
This could be the biggest beating the Democrats have faced in Iowa in 100 years

the Iowa Dispatch claims he has nearly a 20 point lead..

https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/202...en-by-double-digits-among-likely-iowa-voters/

I think R's will win almost completely down the ticket in Iowa this time around.. A woman I meet with monthly at a CEO networking/roundtable group is a native Iowan and owns several businesses in the state still.. and another guy that I did a bit of consulting for years ago also owns several businesses in the state.. Both tell me that their respective workforces, from the line level to the executive level are pretty much bleeding red this time around.. that they expect a landslide...

All of that said.. I have learned over the last couple of elections cycles that polls are completely untrustworthy.. and that senior executives all tend to have a blurred/biased view when it comes to political issues.. so.. Im just going to sit back and see what happens...

4 years ago, 24 hours before the election I would have told you Donald Trump was easily going to be re-elected.. all the polls said so.. and looking around town all I saw for miles were MAGA hats and Trump signs in the yards.. I was clearly wrong..

8 years ago I went to bed 100% certain Hillary Clinton was going to be President on election night.. all the polls said so.. all polls assured us Hillary had it in the bag.. and all the news networks reported that to be factual and true... until suddenly it wasnt..

This time around Im making zero predictions..

If Merchan puts Trump in jail, or house arrest continuing past the election date, he will unleash a red wave of epic proportions.
I have missed a fair bit, so please would someone briefly update me:
1. When is Trump due to be sentenced?
2. If he is put in jail can he still be a candidate?
3. If the answer to 2 is yes, what happens if he is in jail and he wins?

I don’t think he”ll make it to jail, just a hunch and speculation…….

I’d be hesitant speaking to red waves… we heard the same thing in 2022… what we saw was a a big heaping pile of nothing happen…

To answer your question Kevin, if he is jailed he can be elected… the US Constitution does nothing to prevent it..

Some states have mentioned removing him from the ballot because he is now a convicted felon… but honestly that’s not a threat in any way… the states that have rattled those sabers are deep blue states that were never putting electoral college votes into Trumps hat anyway…

All they would do by removing him from the ballot is get themselves embroiled in law suits that would cost them millions to defend against.. their action would do nothing to help Biden get re-elected or further inhibit trump from getting elected..

Bread and circuses…

I have missed a fair bit, so please would someone briefly update me:
1. When is Trump due to be sentenced?
2. If he is put in jail can he still be a candidate?
3. If the answer to 2 is yes, what happens if he is in jail and he wins?
Trump's sentencing is July 11th. Strategically made by a radical judge, 2 days before the RNC convention.

So what is interesting about Chinese real estate, is that they buy condos/houses/property based solely on speculation. They believe that if you buy a house someone has lived in, you inherit the bad energy of that person. So ghost building/condos, but essentially this was considered the best/most secure investment because due to government intervention is always went up. Could be way worse than the US housing crisis, since there essentially is no real need for these ghost towns.

Real estate home “ownership” is limited to 70 years in China. That makes it a completely different ball game.

President Crapshispants just included “we have to give up securing the border” in his bumbling speach he just delivered on how he was violating the law once again to secure the DACA illegal aliens……, yea, go ahead, vote for that pos. That’ll show’em…,,

APRIL 26, 2024
Xi Jinping, the general party secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), is in a bind. The economy of the People’s Republic of China is facing a once-in-a-generation crisis. The country’s real estate market is in free-fall, its population sank by 2 million people in 2023, and its stock markets have lost roughly $7 trillion since 2021.

Blah, blah, blah. Xi and China will not be imploding. I’d take a reduction in population of 1M a year here in the US instead of millions of illegal immigrants. China’s population is 1.4B so 1M is a drip.

FB_IMG_1718748711865.jpg

Back in January 2021 I snapped this TV screenshot. At the time covid restrictions had media personalities broadcasting solo from all over the place. I think I recognize the guy in the portrait over the fireplace but my memory is not what it used to be.

Attachments

• 20210114_184322.jpg
    20210114_184322.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 92
Back in January 2021 I snapped this TV screenshot. At the time covid restrictions had media personalities broadcasting solo from all over the place. I think I recognize the guy in the portrait over the fireplace but my memory is not what it used to be.
Heathen Ford Jr…..

I think it’s Moa Tes-tung. The Chinese peasant emperor.

Roughly 400,000 Republicans, many who were from largely rural districts, who voted for Trump on November 2020 did not show up to vote in the Senate runoff. The two democrats won by a combined 103K and 54K respectively.

As I remember the period, Trump was instrumental in undermining that runoff on a number of fronts when what was needed was a massive get out the vote effort.

I watched all of the video clips you provided, (all from the MSM by the way) and I missed the parts where Trump specifically called on Georgia voters to stay home for the run-off...?

What I did see were Trump allies and supporters telling voters not to vote until the election process in Georgia was addressed and legitimized so they can feel confident that their vote will count... That's a big difference from how the MSM tried to frame it...

I think the strategy and the messaging by the republican party as a whole in that Georgia Senate race was unwise, but that doesn't excuse the voters from applying common sense... If Georgia voters were unable to distinguish the context of that messaging and vote when the stakes were so high, then that's on them...

I watched all of the video clips you provided, (all from the MSM by the way) and I missed the parts where Trump specifically called on Georgia voters to stay home for the run-off...?

What I did see were Trump allies and supporters telling voters not to vote until the election process in Georgia was addressed and legitimized so they can feel confident that their vote will count... That's a big difference from how the MSM tried to frame it...

I think the strategy and the messaging by the republican party as a whole in that Georgia Senate race was unwise, but that doesn't excuse the voters from applying common sense... If Georgia voters were unable to distinguish the context of that messaging and vote when the stakes were so high, then that's on them...
Did Trump encourage people to vote or did he remain silent?

I think it’s Moa Tes-tung. The Chinese peasant emperor.
I think you are correct, that is Mao. I would be curious to know where the emperor is so well admired that a likeness of him hangs over the fireplace?

A former rep from TN and a slick talker right up there with Obama.

Very likely a future senior cabinet member for a future D POTUS, or potentially a POTUS candidate himself.

He has in the last few years aligned himself as a more centrist D, does a good bit of position of dissent type interviews and talks on Fox, etc…

His family is from Memphis and is notoriously corrupt. They have held various political offices at the state and federal level for decades and have been involved in countless scandals… John Ford, his uncle is particularly bad and ultimately went to prison for a couple of his antics…

All that said, while I’m politically opposite of Ford Jr on just about any issue we could discuss… if I’ve got to have a D in a senior cabinet position or in the POTUS seat.. I’ll take him over 90% of the other options… he’s at least intelligent and articulate and generally is informed on whatever he is speaking about…(unlike AOC and much of the ilk of the younger generation of D’s)… and he’s not prone to theatrics like Schumer, Pelosi, Etc (much of the ilk of the older generation of D’s)..

With Ford jr. I don’t particularly like what we’d get… but at least we’d know what we are getting…

FWIW I grew up in Memphis, was a cop in Memphis and lived there off and on for about 35 years… I know the Ford family extremely well… know their businesses (they own several), know the political and social circles they run in, etc etc…

Ford Jr. is the only one that’s held office that I’d be willing to sit down, have a beer with, and have a conversation with about our differences in hopes of better understanding his position and him hopefully understanding mine…

The rest is flush down the toilet like the turds they are… except, that would be a waste of water…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunt4fun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?