Politics

Think about all the fashion aspects that typically aren't reproduced for fear of inappropriate imagery:

Double breasted uniforms, unless offset to the side
Capes
Gorgets
Arm bands
Chrome buttons
Oversized Plackets or teardropped plackets
Black / grey uniforms
Black / Silver piping
Armored cavalry uniforms that look like cavalry uniforms
Ribbons/Medals as ties
Lapel patches
Certainly black. The Bundeswehr uniform is gray and has been since reconstitution after the war. Feld Grau is the traditional color of German uniforms since before WWI.

I find all these comments about uniforms to circle around the same elephant in the room. Everybody knows who absolutely had the best military uniforms, everybody knows why we can't copy them, therefore everybody knows why military uniforms don't look very good today.

Hint: the best uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss
I don't know about Hugo Boss and I might be biased but Marines has the best uniforms without a doubt.
Semper Fi.

On a popular fringe site on the Net yesterday they were saying that a huge amount of SU47 (maybe wrong number) jets were shot down in a single day. It was a giant number >50. I assumed it was internet hogwash, but anyone have a fact check on that aspect of the Russian / Ukraine conflict?
The Ukrainians have claimed 13 aircraft in the month of February. That is the best kill rate by far during the war. These include 10 SU 34 fighter bombers, 2 SU 35 air superiority fighters, and 1 A50 Mainstay AWACS surveillance and command and control aircraft.

The SU 47 was an experimental aircraft that was never fielded.

Pretty good article from Forbes.

I don't know about Hugo Boss and I might be biased but Marines has the best uniforms without a doubt.
Semper Fi.

I'll have to agree with your comment, and this is coming from a retired AF senior NCO. :ROFLMAO:

Semper Fi.
I'll have to agree with your comment, and this is coming from a retired AF senior NCO. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks gentlemen.
The Space Force uniform is very good looking but...

Space Force officer in uniform
1709318718646.png

US Marine Corps Captain in Dress Blue Uniform
1709318759403.png

This Marine Captain is wearing the a dress version of the "Sam Brown Belt" across his chest.

MARINE CORPS ORDER P1020.34G W/CH 1-5
Subj: MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS

7014. SAM BROWNE BELT

1. The Sam Browne Belt may be worn by officers when the sword is prescribed, or at such times as are deemed appropriate by the local commander. The Sam Browne Belt may be worn with the blue dress "A"/"B," blue-white dress "A"/"B," and service "A" uniforms. It will not be worn with the AWC.

My son in his Mess Dress Marine Corp Ball 2023 . Pretoria, RSA.

DE623300-5751-438A-8971-78F01A2C4F6D_1_201_a.jpeg

Thanks gentlemen.
The Space Force uniform is very good looking but...

Space Force officer in uniform
View attachment 590527

US Marine Corps Captain in Dress Blue Uniform
View attachment 590528
This Marine Captain is wearing the a dress version of the "Sam Brown Belt" across his chest.

@Mark A Ouellette, there is no comparison, even our Service Dress doesn't look as sharp as that uniform. Oh, and the AF changes the design of their uniform every 10 years or so. Ask me how I know that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Way back when during the Cold War and Ronald Reagan was my Commander in Chief. I was a USMC Staff Sergeant (E-6) assigned to the Marine Corps Development Center at Quantico Virginia. I was requested to go to a Headquarters USMC Installations and Logistics office in Rosslyn Virginia, very near the Pentagon to figure out Combat Replacement Factors for our fire control radar system.

If was August and as always in that area during that month, it was hot and the humidity was near 100%. After a 40-minute drive in my old CJ-7 Jeep that lacked any air conditioning, I had just parked and walking toward the office building. Dressed in our Charlie (Class C) uniform with its dress trousers and short sleeve wool dress shirt I was sweating and my uniform had unauthorized wrinkles.

A US Air Force LtCol rounded the corner and I rendered him a crisp salute. He returned a salute and stopped me. He asked, “How do you Marines always look so good in your uniforms?” Toward that I glanced down at my shirt and then looked into his eyes. I replied, “Sir, I presently look like a seabag with lips.” The LtCol was befuddled by my answer but if he could figure that Marine jargon, he’d know the secret. Marines wear their uniform for every Marine, past, present, and future. I then snapped a salute and said “Have a good day Sir” and I was on my way.

I find all these comments about uniforms to circle around the same elephant in the room. Everybody knows who absolutely had the best military uniforms, everybody knows why we can't copy them, therefore everybody knows why military uniforms don't look very good today.

Hint: the best uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss

The New Jersey State Police????

1709320321521.png
1709320361828.png

1709320473127.png

I’ve always wanted to fish the Niagara River but those idiots make it awfully hard for me to want to spend any of my money up there.
Just come visit us on the north side of the river, we will show you a good time! There is lots to do and see in Niagara Falls, Canada. Plus your dollar goes 35% farther.

Should’ve gone Mel Brooks:

IMG_1515.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalWhitesi

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?