Politics

I believe that about Haley as well, and am hoping the stars align for her to be in position to do that.

I have had that thought about the VP pick too. At one time, early on, I loved the idea of DeSantis and Noem. I have been disappointed in recent months that Noem has been so pro-Trump. Still, it is something to think about. I said the first two times, in '16 and '20, that I actually cast my vote for Pence.

My most hoped for outcome is there is some sort of Hail Mary play that bails us out before November.

Overall picture, there’s a lot to like about RFK jr. Unfortunately most of us vote on one or two pet issues.

A thought crossed my mind today, regarding Trump's VP pick and its importance. Trump gets elected and either promptly resigns or is convicted. In either case, the VP becomes president. Even if it doesn't play out this way, the VP is critical. The Republicans need to set up a strong candidate for 2028.

I also think one of the reasons Nikki Haley is continuing her run is if something happens (conviction, shoots himself in the foot, etc.) to Trump between now and the convention or election.
That’s very well possible but the problem seems to be that Trump shoots himself in the foot quite often but like a self sealing fuel tank no damages are done!

1709250493600.jpeg

1709250518896.jpeg

Don Trump Jr. on the Hornady podcast.
Discussion of conservation through hunting from 22:45.

"On this episode … special guest, Donald Trump Jr. at the Dallas Safari Club show. The guys start the conversation with how Don was introduced to hunting and shooting sports at a young age and how he dove into the science and art of long-range shooting. The conversation wraps up with Don’s involvement with the Field Ethos brand and his dedication to conservation around the world. We hope you enjoy the show!"

I have friends who guided and hunted with him.
They all tell me he's a nice guy and a serious hunter, someone any of us wouldn't mind to share a campfire or time in the field.
Unfortunately his father casts a huge dark cloud over and above him.

Someone mentioned that if Reagan was alive today he would have embraced the MAGA movement. I disagree, as the MAGA crowd believes that in order to "make America great again' we should turn inwards, turtle up and become isolationists.

In today's global economy that will not work. Y'all want to leave a vacuum for Russia or China to fill? That is what will happen worldwide. It is already happening in Africa, just look at the number of Nations that both Russia and China have in their pocket either due to economic or military dependence.

Chinese used their funds to hook the Nations to their side. Russia used local despots and military help through the Wagner group.

Take a good look at South America as well, that is coming despite the new President of Argentina telling the Chinese to pound sand.

Of course, the biggest difference between Reagan and MAGA in regard to foreign policy is amazingly, the switch from a Russian antagonist to a Russian enabler at best and to a Russian sympathizer at worst.

Someone mentioned that if Reagan was alive today he would have embraced the MAGA movement. I disagree, as the MAGA crowd believes that in order to "make America great again' we should turn inwards, turtle up and become isolationists.

In today's global economy that will not work. Y'all want to leave a vacuum for Russia or China to fill? That is what will happen worldwide. It is already happening in Africa, just look at the number of Nations that both Russia and China have in their pocket either due to economic or military dependence.

Chinese used their funds to hook the Nations to their side. Russia used local despots and military help through the Wagner group.

Take a good look at South America as well, that is coming despite the new President of Argentina telling the Chinese to pound sand.

Of course, the biggest difference between Reagan and MAGA in regard to foreign policy is amazingly, the switch from a Russian antagonist to a Russian enabler at best and to a Russian sympathizer at worst.
Ronald Reagan, the greatest president of my lifetime, would be accused of being a RINO today. Reagan believed in pitching the big tent and inviting all Americans in. He help to grow the Republican party.

Ronald Reagan, the greatest president of my lifetime, would be accused of being a RINO today. Reagan believed in pitching the big tent and inviting all Americans in. He help to grow the Republican party.

I totally agree. There is no way Reagan would get through a Republican primary today. I don’t think you could possibly come up with a greater condemnation of the current state of affairs than that.

John Cornyn announces run for Senate leader.
Just another swamp rat.

If his replacement is one of the 3 Johns.. it'll certainly be an improvement... (although Im not sure much of anything will actually change in the senate if the D's gain any more of a lead there than they already have come november regardless of which one is chosen)..

One of the three John’s will be his replacement… I’d almost guarantee it…

One of the three John’s will be his replacement… I’d almost guarantee it…
Thune is very popular in my home state of SD. Trump backed off from creating a primary challenger to Thune because it wouldn’t have worked. If Thune becomes the Senate Republican leader, he will be around for a while. The man is a machine and a hard worker. He runs marathons for fun.

This is worrying me alot:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/04/asia/deepfake-cfo-scam-hong-kong-intl-hnk/index.html
The cybersecurity team of the company I work for circulated an entire mailing dedicated to this threat, with the following recommendation:

"Additionally, with the progress of Articifial Intelligence, it is now also possible to use “deep fakes” to impersonate people, so we can no longer trust what we hear (voice call) or see (video call). If a request via call or video seems weird or unusual, always double check via a more trusted and usual channel (ideally in person) if the request actually came from that person."

How is anything going to be above question in the future?

In my opinion, there really needs to be a stop put on AI, in certain domains.

This is worrying me alot:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/04/asia/deepfake-cfo-scam-hong-kong-intl-hnk/index.html
The cybersecurity team of the company I work for circulated an entire mailing dedicated to this threat, with the following recommendation:

"Additionally, with the progress of Articifial Intelligence, it is now also possible to use “deep fakes” to impersonate people, so we can no longer trust what we hear (voice call) or see (video call). If a request via call or video seems weird or unusual, always double check via a more trusted and usual channel (ideally in person) if the request actually came from that person."

How is anything going to be above question in the future?

In my opinion, there really needs to be a stop put on AI, in certain domains.
I agree, scary.

Honestly though, it was only a matter of time. I can think of no technology in history that hasn’t been applied to something other than it’s best intention.

If we think identity theft was bad before…

John Cornyn announces run for Senate leader.
Just another swamp rat.

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

@Brent in Az who do you think should be the Republican Senate Leader (majority, minority or otherwise)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dirk89B86

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?