Politics

As someone who has participated in and coached a fair number of sports in my life - and enjoys watching some as a spectator - a line from the movie The Replacements has always resonated with me. "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."

A full, vibrant life lived outdoors and being an ardent sports fan - those do not have to be mutually exclusive. I still play basketball every chance I can. I just look old doing it. :p

As someone who has participated in and coached a fair number of sports in my life - and enjoys watching some as a spectator - a line from the movie The Replacements has always resonated with me. "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."

A full, vibrant life lived outdoors and being an ardent sports fan - those do not have to be mutually exclusive. I still play basketball every chance I can. I just look old doing it. :p
Ski, scuba, mountain biking, running until a few years ago when a serious skiing collision ended it all.

Ski, scuba, mountain biking, running until a few years ago when a serious skiing collision ended it all.
Getting fanatical about anything other than guns, hunting and fishing seems odd!

For those paying attention the past couple of weeks, it looks like the Georgia trial is running into some significant problems. At one point, prognosticators thought the Georgia trial was the most significant case Trump faced.

Techno Fog
@Techno_Fog

There's an evidentiary hearing on the motion to disqualify Fani Willis and Nathan Wade on Feb 15.In light of the new credit card statements for trips and hotels..

If I'm the defense attorney, I'm putting them both under oath. Wouldn't be shocked if they recuse before then.

8:18 PM · Jan 19, 2024
·
Pretty ugly and I am also not a lawyer, but it likely doesn't affect the case against Trump. If unethical, even illegal activity, is proven against Willis and Wade, the remedy will be to remove them from the case, not dismiss charges against Trump. Then again, I assume a new prosecutor could decide the RICO case is too weak to pursue. But, I would not say Trump is out of the woods yet.

Pretty ugly and I am also not a lawyer, but it likely doesn't affect the case against Trump. If unethical, even illegal activity, is proven against Willis and Wade, the remedy will be to remove them from the case, not dismiss charges against Trump. Then again, I assume a new prosecutor could decide the RICO case is too weak to pursue. But, I would not say Trump is out of the woods yet.
Most Everything thrown at him so far sure seems to be motivated by reasons other than upholding the law. And by people who do not instil any confidence that they are upright professionals. From rabid DA's and camera hog judges.

Let's pray that for the Countries sake more level heads prevail and these charges are dropped.

I fear what might happen if the average Trump supporter or even just good Conservatives reach the end of their ropes with all this crap. I'm not talking about the far right extremists. But thecnormally rational every day people who have simply had enough.

Look at the damage done by the leftists mobs burning down cities over a true criminal getting killed unjustly... Or even justly in the Ferguson Missouri case. What would happen if capable well armed people took to the streets? Many with military training.

The country doesn't need that. Yes Trump could calm it down and I see him taking a more reasonable tone since his Iowa Town Hall on Fox. Bit the flip side is Biden and his handlers could be honest on truthful... but that is not going to happen. No we do not have the kind of top leadership we need... its going to have to come out of the middle. Let's pray for all our sakes that Trump is soon out of the woods on this.

Nah, Screwing those who try to screw me. No brown nosing involved.
Theft is still theft regardless of one's justification. Democrats were looking at those mass shop lifting instances as "reparations" for the past.

Looks like you have a lot in common. :unsure:

FWIW, I am extra sensitive to theft of intellectual property, having been at the receiving end of it.

For those of y’all that get frustrated with the U.S. because we seem divided and not sure of which direction to go, this video points out that is how we started. Please note, not every delegate voted for independence. The gentlemen that signed the Declaration of Independence did sign a death warrant. They also signed a document that started the development of a form of government that had never been attempted before. We are still in the process of developing that government. A government that secures the rights of the individual. It would be interesting to hear what some of the people on this forum would have said at that time about independence and war with Great Britain.

Enjoy

I'm sure all the NFL fans watching the Super Bowl will be standing when they play and sing the Black National Anthem. From this chair, the only thing that's kept the NFL from declining as it was, is the gambling aspect. NASCAR fell victim to the woke/DEI disease too and their fan base has fallen off a cliff.

We have a perfect example of what would happen in modern times.

Those of us with families, careers, respect for the rule of law and order. Are less likely to forfeit our freedom, homes, bank accounts to stand up to a tyrannical government now.

we saw only a few years ago, the summer of riots and violence coming from anarchists that most likely had nothing to loose.

The founders acted with amazing bravery to throw it all on the line. To be viewed as Traitors and Seditious citizens . They would be hanged and all their wealth confiscated when captured.

Theft is still theft regardless of one's justification. Democrats were looking at those mass shop lifting instances as "reparations" for the past.

Looks like you have a lot in common. :unsure:

FWIW, I am extra sensitive to theft of intellectual property, having been at the receiving end of it.
You can send the FCC after me and put in intellectual jail, if it makes your delicate sensibilities feel better, Cupcake.

Comparing that to riots, pillage, and looting is entirely ridiculous.
If you want to blame someone, blame the website that posts the links to the games

And just for the record, the people in the website that post these NFL game links, are already paying for NFL Sunday ticket, and redirecting the feed to the links were they make a few bucks from advertisers. I just go along for the free ride.

Send Zelinsky the bill. He can pay for my share.

Last edited:
I'm sure all the NFL fans watching the Super Bowl will be standing when they play and sing the Black National Anthem. From this chair, the only thing that's kept the NFL from declining as it was, is the gambling aspect. NASCAR fell victim to the woke/DEI disease too and their fan base has fallen off a cliff.
The NFL is headed down the same path.

Those of us with families, careers, respect for the rule of law and order. Are less likely to forfeit our freedom, homes, bank accounts to stand up to a tyrannical government now.
Absolutely agree. The Declaration of Independence addresses this idea.

“Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.”

The battles of Gettysburg, Chancellorsville, and Franklin, TN are great examples of why we should keep talking with one another, for both the individual citizen and our government.

That is correct. However, the real problem is the two billing entries with meeting with White House counsel.

I totally agree. Somewhat different circumstances, but the US Attorneys who went after Ted Stevens were later shown to have hidden exonerating evidence. Stevens was still found in violation, and the attorneys were given a slap on the wrist. They remained US attorneys, no discharge, no disbarment, nothing, on a case that swung the Senate from Republican to Democrat. And all of this occurred under a Republican administration.

In this case, I don’t believe that Trump will be exonerated by the nefarious actions of the prosecutors. It likely helps, but he’s not out of the woods yet.

You can send the FCC after me and put in intellectual jail, if it makes your delicate sensibilities feel better, Cupcake.

Comparing that to riots, pillage, and looting is entirely ridiculous.
If you want to blame someone, blame the website that posts the links to the games

And just for the record, the people in the website that post these NFL game links, are already paying for NFL Sunday ticket, and redirecting the feed to the links were they make a few bucks from advertisers. I just go along for the free ride.

Send Zelinsky the bill. He can pay for my share.

"It's not stealing and piracy when I do it, because of false equivalencies and reasons."

I'm sure the looters and pillagers felt the same way about the stolen Nikes and TVs. "Well, it's not as bad as stealing cars or robbing banks. So no big deal. The store owners are all rich and have insurance! And we're owed it because of things the bad men did two hundred years ago and other reasons. So it's not wrong... it's actually moral and justified!"

How stunning and brave of you.

Last edited:
"It's not stealing and piracy when I do it, because of false equivalencies and reasons."

I'm sure the looters and pillagers felt the same way about the stolen Nikes and TVs. "Well, it's not as bad as stealing cars or robbing banks. So no big deal. The store owners are all rich and have insurance! And we're owed it because of things the bad men did two hundred years ago and other reasons. So it's not wrong...
it's actually moral and justified!"

How stunning and brave of you.

I fully expected you to show up with some nonsensical spew. Predictable. All it takes is throwing out a little bait.

You can scurry away and hide, until the next time you want to come trolling. Just like you always do .

I fully expected you to show up with some senseless spew. Predictable. All it takes is throwing out a little bait.

You can scurry away and hide, until the next time you want to come trolling. Just like you always do .

You publicly outed yourself as an unapologetic thief and advocate for piracy, and I pointed that out. That's not bait and there's no trolling here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meiyejiujie262

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?