Politics

Super bowl ticket pricing for this year...
  • Stub Hub: $6,216 - $84,875
  • Seat Geek: $6,456 - $36,919
  • Ticketmaster: $10,250 - $37,750
  • TicketSmarter: $7,787 - $38,715
  • On Location tickets: $9,000+

Apparently that's not enough to pay the bills.
Wow! I wouldn't buy a ticket at those prices with your money! Nor what you paid for Taylor Swift concert tickets. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Ukrainian Drones Destroy Russian Gunpowder Factory and Another Oil Depot, Extending Attacks Into Enemy Territory​

Last weeks Chiefs/Dolphins game streamed on Peacock had 23 million viewers. The largest viewership in streaming history.
Some are predicting that it won't be long before the Superbowl becomes "Pay per view"

A world of greed.
As a lifelong Chiefs fan, I've enjoyed their current run of success after a literal lifetime of disappointment. I was about 6 and barely remember the Montana in KC years that last had a KC playoff victory before Andy Reid arrived.

I will admit I would have been one to sign up for the Peacock app just to watch 1 game, but we already have that service anyway. However i would not have done so for any other match-up or game.

Honestly, I'd hoped the game would have terrible streaming numbers to prevent future games from going to it. But the Swifties must have helped out enough to get the coverage it did.

As a lifelong Chiefs fan, I've enjoyed their current run of success after a literal lifetime of disappointment. I was about 6 and barely remember the Montana in KC years that last had a KC playoff victory before Andy Reid arrived.

I will admit I would have been one to sign up for the Peacock app just to watch 1 game, but we already have that service anyway. However i would not have done so for any other match-up or game.

Honestly, I'd hoped the game would have terrible streaming numbers to prevent future games from going to it. But the Swifties must have helped out enough to get the coverage it did.
Peacock offered an introductory sign up of $6.00, hence the large audience.
I pirate stream games I want to watch off the internet. Doesn't cost me a dime.

I am just a bit older than you apparently, and a lifelong Chiefs fan as well. I was teaching in a small village up here when we made that run to the Championship game with Montana. I wore my Chiefs jersey to school every day for 3 weeks, vowing not to take it off until we lost. I had always thought Joe was overrated just a bit, until I watched him guide us. He was incredible.

I'll own it: I paid for Peacock for the one game, and hoped like heck the ratings sucked. Even in a really down year this year, I still believe we are the team to beat.

Peacock offered an introductory sign up of $6.00, hence the large audience.
I pirate stream games I want to watch off the internet. Doesn't cost me a dime.

That sounds eerily Democratic: expecting something for nothing? :unsure:

I am just a bit older than you apparently, and a lifelong Chiefs fan as well. I was teaching in a small village up here when we made that run to the Championship game with Montana. I wore my Chiefs jersey to school every day for 3 weeks, vowing not to take it off until we lost. I had always thought Joe was overrated just a bit, until I watched him guide us. He was incredible.

I'll own it: I paid for Peacock for the one game, and hoped like heck the ratings sucked. Even in a really down year this year, I still believe we are the team to beat.
A fool and his money are soon parted

Growing up in the age when the Saints were the "Ain'ts", I was a huge Montana fan whether San Francisco or KC. Brady was amazing, but I still think Montana was the best of all time.

I watched the Monday night game where Vanessa Williams sang this tribute to Montana.

I think you can see it by following the link to Youtube.

This one is a little better.

And my lovely spouse is from Kansas. You better believe we signed up for Peacock as well. :E Angel:

Last edited:
@Red Leg ... I agree with you on Montana. It took seeing him in a personal way - guiding my team - to appreciate how good he really was.

I am originally from Ellsworth - central KS - born and raised. I was blessed to grow up in the company of the best grandfather ever, who taught me how to hunt, fish, and trap. Every day of my life I chase the man that he was.

Growing up in the age when the Saints were the "Ain'ts", I was a huge Montana fan whether San Francisco or KC. Brady was amazing, but I still think Montana was the best of all time.

I watched the Monday night game where Vanessa Williams sang this tribute to Montana.

I think you can see it by following the link to Youtube.

This one is a little better.

And my lovely spouse is from Kansas. You better believe we signed up for Peacock as well. :E Angel:

Montana and Rice, I doubt that we will ever see their equal!

Fk professional sports. I spend money on my own dreams, not someone else's. YMMV.

I've never understood the appeal of watching and paying tons of attention to sports... let alone spending money on them. People literally get into physical altercations over it in public, grown men are willing to be violent over how good some other grown man can throw a ball.

I'm with you on this, hate em, especially the NFL, its kind of my own hipster trait, "I hated the NFL WAYYY before Kapernick" haha. The whole industry around it to me is just decadence and nonsense, not to mention the odd religious/cult like atmosphere around it.

I've never understood the appeal of watching and paying tons of attention to sports... let alone spending money on them. People literally get into physical altercations over it in public, grown men are willing to be violent over how good some other grown man can throw a ball.

I'm with you on this, hate em, especially the NFL, its kind of my own hipster trait, "I hated the NFL WAYYY before Kapernick" haha. The whole industry around it to me is just decadence and nonsense, not to mention the odd religious/cult like atmosphere around it.
Love it. NCAA more than pro - but I love football. I like baseball - love it when LSU is having a great year (like last year!!!!) and can not abide pro basketball - ranks up there with watching tennis or golf for me.

No interest in actually attending pro games and I have attended several. But there is nothing in the world quite like Tiger stadium during a night game that matters.

Haven’t watched a National Felon’s League game in years, other than when forced upon me in the local pub, and then I don’t pay attention.

I agree with hogpatrol and Corey, why watch grown men play with a ball rather than do something myself? To each their own.

For those paying attention the past couple of weeks, it looks like the Georgia trial is running into some significant problems. At one point, prognosticators thought the Georgia trial was the most significant case Trump faced.

Techno Fog

@Techno_Fog

There's an evidentiary hearing on the motion to disqualify Fani Willis and Nathan Wade on Feb 15.In light of the new credit card statements for trips and hotels..

If I'm the defense attorney, I'm putting them both under oath. Wouldn't be shocked if they recuse before then.

8:18 PM · Jan 19, 2024
·

Love it. NCAA more than pro - but I love football. I like baseball - love it when LSU is having a great year (like last year!!!!) and can not abide pro basketball - ranks up there with watching tennis or golf for me.

No interest in actually attending pro games and I have attended several. But there is nothing in the world quite like Tiger stadium during a night game that matters.
Surfing, Mountain biking, skydiving, bmx (when I was a kid)... always been into that kind of stuff, but never "sports".
The amount of time and energy people put into cheering on a football team.... memorizing the stats, gambling on it, fantasy football, etc. I don't know it's just always been gross to me. Wear another man's jersey?? No, could never be me.

bread and circuses

Surfing, Mountain biking, skydiving, bmx (when I was a kid)... always been into that kind of stuff, but never "sports".
The amount of time and energy people put into cheering on a football team.... memorizing the stats, gambling on it, fantasy football, etc. I don't know it's just always been gross to me. Wear another man's jersey?? No, could never be me.

bread and circuses
Exactly. And Caesar attended the games.

Amen! I wouldn't waste the electricity to turn on the tv for any of it. Grown men stumbling around in outlandish costumes, beating the hell out of each other over a silly looking ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safarigear

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.