Politics

I find it interesting how an individual posting from his bedroom seems to know more than the Washington Post, New York Times, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc. combined.
Yep, totally perplexing. All I can comment on is portion of his analysis that I know to be true. The SECDEF does have a 24hr, seven day a week security detail provided by the U.S. Army Protective Services Battalion (CID). If he went to Walter Reed, they were there with him. If he was in an ambulance, a PSB suburban was leading and following it. Secondly, he is correct that every senior leader in the government to include Four Star General Officers of each service are tracked by the NMC. However, that tracking usually doesn't grind to down to what street corner he or she might be occupying at any given time i.e Navy Secretary is in Norfolk or the Speaker is in New York. But normally the center would be aware if the SECDEF were in a hospital.

Therefore, until last week, I would have said it was impossible for the SECDEF's location to be unknown. I still pretty much believe that.

What I think is more likely is that some senior member of Biden's dysfunctional White House was informed and didn't manage to inform the President's direct handlers or spokespeople. It is then almost impossible to "correct" an initial press statement. It is interesting that there is not yet a hint of criticism of the SECDEF by the administration.

Secret China run lab in California. This is frightening.

What's even worse, is the CDC downplaying it, and referring comment back to the local authorities.

This country is way too lax. There's probably no way that an American could have a secret lab in a Chinese city. They would be watched 24/7

RE: the disagreement and discord referenced earlier today - I consider this community to be a brotherhood (ladies included); centered initially around the topic of Africa Hunting, but also knowing that we all share common ground in a number of areas. I have two older brothers; and in the fifty-odd years that the three of us have shared on this planet, we have disagreed, cussed, fought, and all the things that brothers do. But the second an outsider was any sort of threat to one of the brothers, the other two would immediately jump into the fray to defend their brother.

I wholeheartedly believe that the members of this community are in the same vein. Yes we may disagree at times on topics such as politics; even vehemently at times. But if the wolves were at the door of our homeland(s) (or perhaps parachuting from the sky), I believe that the brothers and sisters in this community wouldn't hesitate to jump to the defense of each other's freedoms and safety. So let the discussions and the disagreements rage; the brotherhood will survive, and perhaps we can circle around the campfire at the end of the day.

IMG_0516.jpeg

RE: the disagreement and discord referenced earlier today - I consider this community to be a brotherhood (ladies included); centered initially around the topic of Africa Hunting, but also knowing that we all share common ground in a number of areas. I have two older brothers; and in the fifty-odd years that the three of us have shared on this planet, we have disagreed, cussed, fought, and all the things that brothers do. But the second an outsider was any sort of threat to one of the brothers, the other two would immediately jump into the fray to defend their brother.

I wholeheartedly believe that the members of this community are in the same vein. Yes we may disagree at times on topics such as politics; even vehemently at times. But if the wolves were at the door of our homeland(s) (or perhaps parachuting from the sky), I believe that the brothers and sisters in this community wouldn't hesitate to jump to the defense of each other's freedoms and safety. So let the discussions and the disagreements rage; the brotherhood will survive, and perhaps we can circle around the campfire at the end of the day.
It is human and fine to disagree but think about it before posting something vitriolic and reel it in a bit. We are adults, not a bunch of squabbling kids. That is a lefty trait and not part of our brotherhood.

Another of these clips of drone warfare. Rather than suicide drones, these have been adapted for grenade drops. These are 40mm VOG grenades to which stabilizing fins have been attached. Troops caught without overhead cover are in serious trouble whether in the open or a trench. Most of these men will be wearing body armor. So legs, kidneys, the groin, and head are what are typically hit. I know the services are experimenting with dedicated counter drone technology, but I hope they are working this really hard and no waiting until faced with them in combat.

Another of these clips of drone warfare. Rather than suicide drones, these have been adapted for grenade drops. These are 40mm VOG grenades to which stabilizing fins have been attached. Troops caught without overhead cover are in serious trouble whether in the open or a trench. Most of these men will be wearing body armor. So legs, kidneys, the groin, and head are what are typically hit. I know the services are experimenting with dedicated counter drone technology, but I hope they are working this really hard and no waiting until faced with them in combat.

This is another TTP that is about 8-9 years old, ISIS were some of the earliest adopters. One of the considerations with bringing it down is if it is equipped with an IED as well as the payload, you have another problem. One issue to deal with rendering safe is to make sure that once you have it on the ground inside your FOB, Trench, etc. is to keep it on the ground in case it regains connection to the operator on the other end. A friend (EOD tech) and I spitballed the idea of using your IED robot to drag something on top of it first, then deal with the render safe procedure.

In a peer/near peer fight you also have the issue of intel collection, whether it be SIGINT, camp layout, etc.

This is another TTP that is about 8-9 years old, ISIS were some of the earliest adopters. One of the considerations with bringing it down is if it is equipped with an IED as well as the payload, you have another problem. One issue to deal with rendering safe is to make sure that once you have it on the ground inside your FOB, Trench, etc. is to keep it on the ground in case it regains connection to the operator on the other end. A friend (EOD tech) and I spitballed the idea of using your IED robot to drag something on top of it first, then deal with the render safe procedure.

In a peer/near peer fight you also have the issue of intel collection, whether it be SIGINT, camp layout, etc.
One of the technologies that avoids that currently being looked at is an EOS remote weapons station equipped with a small relatively short range acquisition and targeting radar and a .50 cal. A team from my old business unit is partnering with them and are getting kills on commercial quads out to 3k with 10 to 15 rounds. Hit probability goes way up as they get closer. The kit is-self contained and can be easily mounted on a HMMWV or JLTV. Naturally, because nothing is easy, there is a bit of a kerfuffle, if fielded, should it be a maneuver or ADA asset. :rolleyes:

One of the technologies that avoids that currently being looked at is an EOS remote weapons station equipped with a small relatively short range acquisition and targeting radar and a .50 cal. A team from my old business unit is partnering with them and are getting kills on commercial quads out to 3k with 10 to 15 rounds. Hit probability goes way up as they get closer. The kit is-self contained and can be easily mounted on a HMMWV or JLTV. Naturally, because nothing is easy, there is a bit of a kerfuffle, if fielded, should it be a maneuver or ADA asset. :rolleyes:
How fast can it aquire? Say I'm already within 800m of you (urban, trenches, reasons, haha) and my drone never gets above...... idk call it 30ft AGL? Also what if I don't have a truck (I'm not carrying your laser 50 cal..... sir, haha)

How fast can it aquire? Say I'm already within 800m of you (urban, trenches, reasons, haha) and my drone never gets above...... idk call it 30ft AGL?
Good point. A suicide drone is much more difficult than a recon or grenade dropper. What they are finding, or at least believing, is that they can pick up the suicide variant at altitude before it begins its attack run.

Good point. A suicide drone is much more difficult than a recon or grenade dropper. What they are finding, or at least believing, is that they can pick up the suicide variant at altitude before it begins its attack run.
And that's the thing, the same quadcopter can....
-drop munitions
-provide ISR
-maybe collect sigint or even RF jam
-suicide if you need it to
All at once, if you've got tech savvy operators and decent munitions guys

Trump fans and foes should find this an interesting read. It is from the "American Thinker" which is a solidly right on line periodical. It talks to what Trump should and should be prepared to do to save the country.

As a desperate Republican and Trump critic, I think he is manifestly incapable of accomplishing several of these points. But I would appreciate hearing the pro-Trump perspective.

And that's the thing, the same quadcopter can....
-drop munitions
-provide ISR
-maybe collect sigint or even RF jam
-suicide if you need it to
All at once, if you've got tech savvy operators and decent munitions guys
Absolutely. Just have the technology that can kill it in any of these performance envelopes. The more the technology overlaps performance, the more utility it will have.

It is human and fine to disagree but think about it before posting something vitriolic and reel it in a bit. We are adults, not a bunch of squabbling kids. That is a lefty trait and not part of our brotherhood.
Point well made and well taken; I wholeheartedly agree. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KindraMcki

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.