Politics

What is the latest analysis on Ukraine?
Bookmark this site Kevin. The institute is run by one of my old mentors, Gen (Ret) Jack Keane. The analysts are some of the best to come out of the US military and academia in a decade. They do an almost daily update of the tactical, operational, and strategic situation.

Biden approved another billion to be laundered by the oligarchs, politicians and gangs of Ukraine, with some getting kicked back to DC in all likelihood. Ukraine leaders will keep this war going as long as the west keeps sending money they can take.

For the average Ukrainian, my heart goes out to them. They are the ones suffering.
With all do respect I believe that is absolute bullshit and it is infuriating to hear it promulgated by so many on the right.

I have several protégées both in uniform and the defense industry working very nearly 24/7 insuring every penny of this support is wisely spent, timed, shipped and then deployed. Two are working the HIMARS deployment specifically. One is a logistics expert and the other probably the Army's best trainer.

The Ukrainian people are fighting and dying because they want to be part of a Europe independent of Russia, not because they are being conned by Ukraine's leaders. The fact that many of us have seemingly lost all trust in our government shouldn't be inferred upon them or their leadership.

Moreover, we are sending relatively little money. What we are sending are allocations of weapons against an approved budget. I assume you actually do understand how that works. It is certainly possible, even likely, that some reconstruction and human assistance direct funding will be misused - we only have to look at post-Catrina Louisiana. But that is not the case of weapons deployment.

0E04D5F4-2399-4279-A79D-11D54CC32A95.jpeg

With all do respect I believe that is absolute bullshit and it is infuriating to hear it promulgated by so many on the right.

I have several protégées both in uniform and the defense industry working very nearly 24/7 insuring every penny of this support is wisely spent, timed, shipped and then deployed. Two are working the HIMARS deployment specifically. One is a logistics expert and the other probably the Army's best trainer.

The Ukrainian people are fighting and dying because they want to be part of a Europe independent of Russia, not because they are being conned by Ukraine's leaders. The fact that many of us have seemingly lost all trust in our government shouldn't be inferred upon them or their leadership.

Moreover, we are sending relatively little money. What we are sending are allocations of weapons against an approved budget. I assume you actually do understand how that works. It is certainly possible, even likely, that some reconstruction and human assistance direct funding will be misused - we only have to look at post-Catrina Louisiana. But that is not the case of weapons deployment.
but what you are saying is not what has been reported by left or right media
Rand Paul was demanding that the legislation be altered to require an inspector general to oversee spending on Ukraine
people also dont realise the the majority of the billions sent over do not buy weapons of war,
of the 40 billion promised around 6 billion will be for actual weapons of war and training
the common people get handouts from Ukraine or Russia but zelensky gets 100 million per month
maybe that's why the Ukrainians are still using WW1 maxim machine guns and are running out of ammo and bombs so quickly all the time,
it was also reported on American MSM by the people in charge of sending the money that they do not know what happens to the money once it gets to Ukraine
going by MSM and the American politicians the reason gas and everything else as well as inflation in the world has increased is because of the Putin tax, it cannot be said that 40 billion or if you add the rest with it is relatively little money, there are a lot of people going without for the Putin tax,
a country cannot just keep printing money and expect to not go broke

it would be appreciated if you have a credible link to show what l have seen as wrong because when this stuff is not an opinion but is openly said by the people in charge you have to admit its wild

wasn't it the Mexican president who said to Ukraine "we will supply the weapons, you supply the deaths"

x2PgVnh.jpg

but what you are saying is not what has been reported by left or right media
Rand Paul was demanding that the legislation be altered to require an inspector general to oversee spending on Ukraine
people also dont realise the the majority of the billions sent over do not buy weapons of war,
of the 40 billion promised around 6 billion will be for actual weapons of war and training
the common people get handouts from Ukraine or Russia but zelensky gets 100 million per month
maybe that's why the Ukrainians are still using WW1 maxim machine guns and are running out of ammo and bombs so quickly all the time,
it was also reported on American MSM by the people in charge of sending the money that they do not know what happens to the money once it gets to Ukraine
going by MSM and the American politicians the reason gas and everything else as well as inflation in the world has increased is because of the Putin tax, it cannot be said that 40 billion or if you add the rest with it is relatively little money, there are a lot of people going without for the Putin tax,
a country cannot just keep printing money and expect to not go broke

it would be appreciated if you have a credible link to show what l have seen as wrong because when this stuff is not an opinion but is openly said by the people in charge you have to admit its wild

wasn't it the Mexican president who said to Ukraine "we will supply the weapons, you supply the deaths"

x2PgVnh.jpg
I truly have no idea what you hear is reported in the media left or right. I don't pay much attention to it. I also don't particularly care. Unlike many who state absolutes on this subject, I actually have a practical experience.

My final job in the the US Army was as commanding general of US Army Security Assistance Command. Feel free to google what that is. The net effect, with respect to this discussion, is that I have a doctorate degree in the use of budget (client or US), in providing weapons and training to international customers. With respect to Ukraine, every single dollar allocated against weapons systems and training will be used exactly for that. Of the 40 billion allocated, half is dedicated to weapon systems and training. I can not speak from personal experience for other funding and how it may be managed and deployed. But you can rest assured that the Russians will rue every penny allocated to arming Ukraine.

As an aside, I should note when I left the military, I became an appointed VP and business unit manager for a major defense corporation. My business unit did a billion in sales every year. The corporation as a whole has a market cap of $72 billion dollars. The notion that anyone in our leadership in someway garnered a kickback is both ridiculous and offensive.

so you have no credible links who can state absolutes on this subject?

more war will only bring more war in Ukraine
and didn't the US only promise 4 himar systems to Ukraine?
now that's a game changer isn't it, c'mon Red Leg its BS

t8yD4OV.jpg

Oh for God's sake. My credible link is me and my personal professional experience - not some journalist. If that doesn't count against your preconceptions or assumptions we have nothing to discuss.

With respect to HIMARS, I commanded a MLRS battalion (M270) and a brigade with two MLRS battalions. So lets discuss real issues as apposed to your uninformed opinions. The US MLRS system uses a fully integrate digital command and control system to fire the weapon. That has to be in place in the tactical war zone before it can be used. Second, the Ukrainians have to establish a logistics system capable of handling the six round rocket pods which both HIMARS and the M270 can fire in a few seconds. Supplying ammunition is the critical pacing item. As those arteries are established, crew training is the other key requirement. The current deployment pace trains crews and our logistics professionals are knee deep in solving rocket pod through put. Not a bit of BS involved.

This isn't an entirely uninformed analysis.

Last edited:
I truly have no idea what you hear is reported in the media left or right. I don't pay much attention to it. I also don't particularly care. Unlike many who state absolutes on this subject, I actually have a practical experience.

My final job in the the US Army was as commanding general of US Army Security Assistance Command. Feel free to google what that is. The net effect, with respect to this discussion, is that I have a doctorate degree in the use of budget (client or US), in providing weapons and training to international customers. With respect to Ukraine, every single dollar allocated against weapons systems and training will be used exactly for that. Of the 40 billion allocated, half is dedicated to weapon systems and training. I can not speak from personal experience for other funding and how it may be managed and deployed. But you can rest assured that the Russians will rue every penny allocated to arming Ukraine.

As an aside, I should note when I left the military, I became an appointed VP and business unit manager for a major defense corporation. My business unit did a billion in sales every year. The corporation as a whole has a market cap of $72 billion dollars. The notion that anyone in our leadership in someway garnered a kickback is both ridiculous and offensive.
Red Leg,

You opened the door...

Things I have personally witnessed:

DoD projects that run over budget and under performance.

Projects and programs that are not wanted by anyone, other than the "Good Idea Fairies".

Equipment decisions for both US troops and Security and Cooperation programs that is fully missing the mark of the original ask. And when questioned/corrections recommended, being told, "this is what we are buying, it doesn't matter if it get's used or not".

Are there good things happening in support of Ukraine, yes. Are there companies/individuals increasing their bottom line, certainly!

You're a retired Flag Officer. You got hired by the Defense Industry for your contacts, "Rolodex", and being able to impart opinion and influence. Sure, it isn't called a "kickback", but the $$ are represented in salary and bonuses.

The comedy/spoof "Pentagon Wars" truly , though tongue in cheek, sums up the Defense Industrial Complex.

Red Leg,

You opened the door...

Things I have personally witnessed:

DoD projects that run over budget and under performance.

Projects and programs that are not wanted by anyone, other than the "Good Idea Fairies".

Equipment decisions for both US troops and Security and Cooperation programs that is fully missing the mark of the original ask. And when questioned/corrections recommended, being told, "this is what we are buying, it doesn't matter if it get's used or not".

Are there good things happening in support of Ukraine, yes. Are there companies/individuals increasing their bottom line, certainly!

You're a retired Flag Officer. You got hired by the Defense Industry for your contacts, "Rolodex", and being able to impart opinion and influence. Sure, it isn't called a "kickback", but the $$ are represented in salary and bonuses.

The comedy/spoof "Pentagon Wars" truly , though tongue in cheek, sums up the Defense Industrial Complex.
Bull ..... shit. I was hired to run a billion dollar business unit. I was successful at it because I understood leadership, goal setting, and how to look after the 1200 people that worked for me. If I had wanted to use my rolodex, I would have been a consultant. So do not presume to tell me what my function or value was to my corporation.

Of course programs go over budget. Not sure what that has to do with Ukraine, but lets talk overruns. In the decade I ran a profit and loss center, ninety percent of the cost overruns were directly attributable to scope creep. The Army or USMC wants a system that does A and before we can deliver it, it must now also do C&D. Fine. The contract is renegotiated, delivery date is extended, except before we complete the first prototype, the acquisition authority now believes it should also do XY&Z. And none of this has squat to do with Ukraine.

I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say in the following.

Again, speaking from my personal professional experience and not hearsay, the programs we delivered performed exactly to the requirement. FBCB2 Blue Force Tracking and CRAM are two about which I and my team took great pride. Lots of kids came home from Iraq and Afghanistan because of both of them.

Last edited:
I don't have a horse in this race, But I do know if Trump were still president the wall on the southern border would be built, there would be no mass migration from 100+ countries headed to the US, the pipelines would be operational, investment in petroleum production would still be funded, the war in Afghanistan would have ended without debacle, the inflation rate wouldn't be headed to 20% AND the price of oil would be such that Putin would not have been able to afford an attack into Ukraine

Oh for God's sake. My credible link is me and my personal professional experience - not some journalist. If that doesn't count against your preconceptions or assumptions we have nothing to discuss.
well that didn't go down that well did it?

what was repeated was not a MSM journalists opinion but showing the sources
but if you reckon you cant believe the actual source
l dont have enough trust to be able to follow blindly
it is also reported that a new black market has begun with nato weapons of war on it
l do understand what MSM and the world governments are doing with the truth

BikATdb.jpg

As I have said multiple times. I have the utmost sympathy for the Ukrainian people. Ordinary Ukrainians don't deserve what they are going through. At some level, the Ukrainian people are responsible for their leadership. They have had over 30 years to get things figured out. Virtually all of those years they have had corrupt leadership where money was funneled for favors and oligarchs grew rich for political favors. Zelenskyy said he would crack down on the oligarchs. He did crack down on the oligarchs that didn't support him like Medvedchuck, but did nothing to the oligarchs that supported him like Kolomosky. Political patronage is taking place in Ukraine today, just as it has over the past 30 years, just as it is in America.

I am sure there are many good Americans, doing the best job they can to make sure the money is used right. I am truly thankful for that.

That being said, when was the last time the DOD had an unqualified audit. When was the last time the US intelligence agencies had an unqualified audit. America can't account for it's own money, going to it's own ministry's, much less money it throws at other countries.

If memory serves me correct, the week delay on the 40b was due to Rand Paul wanting additional oversite measures that were never fully met. Only partially as I recall.

Most of the aid according to this CBS article doesn't even deal with weapons deployment. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-paul-ukraine-aid-senate-unanimous-consent/

I agree that $53-60b is a relatively small amount when compared to $30t debt not counting unfunded liabilities. At this point every American's share of national debt is $100,000. Half of Americans don't pay taxes, so tax payers liability is actually $200,000. Tax payers can't pay this amount. That is why we are dealing with 8% inflation. Our currency is being debased. Our currency has lost 95% of it's purchasing power in the past 100 years. Our kids and grandkids will hate us for saddling them with a debt that will be a millstone around their necks, keeping them from having the standard of living we have had. At this point my kids and grandkids future comes first over the Ukrainians future. Sorry if this offends you.

$53-60b is also 80%-90% of Russia's annual defense budget. By the time this is over we will probably be funneling more money into Ukraine than Russia spends on it's military. How long will we be throwing money at Ukraine, eight years like Iraq, twenty years like Afghanistan. Perhaps more.

I do try to keep myself informed on what is happening in the world. But in all do respect, my opinions are mine, they have been formulated by me and have nothing to do with what "so many on the right" might be espousing.

Bull ..... shit. I was hired to run a billion dollar business unit. I was successful at it because I understood leadership, goal setting, and how to look after the 1200 people that worked for me. If I had wanted to use my rolodex, I would have been a consultant. So do not presume to tell me what my function or value was to my corporation.

Of course programs go over budget. Not sure what that has to do with Ukraine, but lets talk overruns. In the decade I ran a profit and loss center, ninety percent of the cost overruns were directly attributable to scope creep. The Army or USMC wants a system that does A and before we can deliver it, it must now also do C&D. Fine. The contract is renegotiated, delivery date is extended, except before we complete the first prototype, the acquisition authority now believes it should also do XY&Z. And none of this has squat to do with Ukraine.

I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say in the following.

Again, speaking from my personal professional experience and not hearsay, the programs we delivered performed exactly to the requirement. FBCB2 Blue Force Tracking and CRAM are two about which I and my team took great pride. Lots of kids came home from Iraq and Afghanistan because of both of them.
Joe,

I didn't say what you're function was, I said why you were hired. Seen it too many times with GO/FO. Maybe you're different, but I'm sure the Defense Contractor paid you well to run their unit.

Yes, the services do have creep in their requirements, But maybe if the original request was delivered in the time and form factor requested, this would reduce the creep.

The National Labs, Universities and Defense Industrial Complex also claim tech to be TRL 6-7, when in reality it is 3-4, maybe a 5. So, the Services wait extended times to get products that were "promised", and usually fall short of the mark.

You served long enough to experience more than one or two items get fielded that were in no shape or form close to what was needed or asked for. Instead, I bet you were told to do the best you could with it, and couldn't wait to break it, loose it, or turn it in.

My personal opinion is, if the requested tech cannot achieve greater than a 10% increase in performance, it should not be pursued. Wait until there is at least a double digit gain in performance before entering into a proposal or contract on a product/request. Sure, sometimes this isn't known until there is at a minimum research done, but I've seen the "oversell, under-deliver" too many times.

If the following statement by me is what you are calling absolute bullshit.

Biden approved another billion to be laundered by the oligarchs, politicians and gangs of Ukraine, with some getting kicked back to DC in all likelihood. Ukraine leaders will keep this war going as long as the west keeps sending money they can take.

Let's not forget a couple of examples. If we think this doesn't happen regularly, we are probably naïve.

Last edited:
Joe,

I didn't say what you're function was, I said why you were hired. Seen it too many times with GO/FO. Maybe you're different, but I'm sure the Defense Contractor paid you well to run their unit.

Yes, the services do have creep in their requirements, But maybe if the original request was delivered in the time and form factor requested, this would reduce the creep.

The National Labs, Universities and Defense Industrial Complex also claim tech to be TRL 6-7, when in reality it is 3-4, maybe a 5. So, the Services wait extended times to get products that were "promised", and usually fall short of the mark.

You served long enough to experience more than one or two items get fielded that were in no shape or form close to what was needed or asked for. Instead, I bet you were told to do the best you could with it, and couldn't wait to break it, loose it, or turn it in.

My personal opinion is, if the requested tech cannot achieve greater than a 10% increase in performance, it should not be pursued. Wait until there is at least a double digit gain in performance before entering into a proposal or contract on a product/request. Sure, sometimes this isn't known until there is at a minimum research done, but I've seen the "oversell, under-deliver" too many times.
Allow me to be blunt. You have exactly no actual understanding why I was hired and why I was retained by my employer for over a decade. So please spare me the “seen it too many times” assumptions.

I provided you my perceptions of the acquisition process. They were formed based upon responsible positions held on both the procurement and supplier side.

I have no quarrel whatsoever with your last paragraph. Indeed, not adhering to some such philosophy has wasted untold billions in acquisition dollars. I could give you several Army examples where “good enough” was far superior to the eventually canceled acquisition.

If the following statement by me is what you are calling absolute bullshit.

Let's not forget a couple of examples. If we think this doesn't happen regularly, we are probably naïve.

I could not agree more. Dispicable behavior. But recognizing that corruption doesn’t have anything to do with supplying armaments to Ukraine In the current instance.

Look, I wish this had fallen on almost anyone else’s watch. More to the point, I doubt it would have happened on another’s watch. But that shoulda woulda coulda failure doesn’t alter where we now are. I simply believe it is in our national interests to prevent Russian reemergence as a dominant factor in Eastern Europe.

Last edited:
Bookmark this site Kevin. The institute is run by one of my old mentors, Gen (Ret) Jack Keane. The analysts are some of the best to come out of the US military and academia in a decade. They do an almost daily update of the tactical, operational, and strategic situation.

Thank you Red Leg

scariest thing I've read today:

in our ever more centralized, inter-connected, digital world, the possibility of using unrelated disagreement with government policy to restrict accesses to your finances for example would turn the entire population into mere slaves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleighDe

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!