Politics

God help, us how did the western world get so fuxxx up, how do we fix it ? The same type of shit is going on in Australia, China & Russia & North Korea must be laughing at this self destruction. The brave men of WW1, WW2 , Korea, Vietnam, & the Gulf & Afghanistan wars would be disgusted
at what is happening to our Military. In the state of Queensland Australia our drivers licenses do not have your sex on them now as it may offend some one !
The nut fringes on left and right have always been there. My conclusion is that what we are seeing here is a quirk of circumstance that has happened in the USA and is also fueling the rest. US politics is like a pendulum with hitherto fairly mild swings to either side, a fairly stable situation. Enter Obama and the swing to the left is a bit higher. Enter Trump and the swing to the right is as high, or even higher. What you are seeing now is an even wilder swing to the left, not because Biden is a genious leftie, but because he is empty putty and the fringe left lunies have seized upon this amazing opportunity to try to enact all ther wild wish list all at once. They only have four years, they are in a rush and don't give a hoot about rational thought behind their actions, or the consequences. There is no coherent pattern because it is coming from all directions - squad, Pelosi, Bernie, etc, no consistency.
So what to do about it? All anyone can do until elections shift power is contain the lunacy as far as possible. That largely falls to the sensible Governors (DeSantis, Noem, Abbott et al) because the Senate and the House were lost. Once the midterms come it is highly probable that the House and Senate will flip, but what is done with that power is the true secret to a stable future. The pendulum has to be quietened down, unifying, or at least reclaiming the sensible centre so the lunies can't claim it's votes again. Then to consolidate the future for a long time elect a sensible Republican president who will also keep the swing sensible, or at least play it down and sell it to the centre. Trump cannot be that person, DeSantis maybe. Halley has the maturity and discipline, but probably the most effective would be Pence.

According to the version that we know, the Russian troops left Bucha on March 30, as the mayor of Bucha announced in a video message on March 31 (it's easy to check), without mentioning the corpses on the roads. The corpses appeared after the entry of the Ukrainian forces, and the blood on the videos is fresh, and most importantly, white bandages on some corpses. It"s Russian identification badge, and civilians also wore it during the month when the Russian troops were there. Here are the frames from the video shot by Ukrainian/Western TV
I think everyone recognizes the fact that propaganda is used on both sides of any war. But are we supposed to believe one side pushed back and, I will use the term “liberated”, an occupied town only to murder it’s own citizens for propaganda purposes? Are we also to accept that all the schools, hospitals, apartment buildings, and theaters were also utilized as such?

I’m sure all the international journalists imbedded with Russian troops will surely back that claim…oh wait, they’re not allowed. I’m curious why that might be.

This is not the first time this type of event has been brought to light. One would think that if Russia was truly occupying the moral high ground, or at least felt they were, there would be an all out effort to bring in all types of help to prove it. Instead, not only are they not allowed but are prosecuted. Is this true or not? If so why? How can you expect the rest of the planet to believe your statement without independent proof?

The sad truth is that after these kinds of incidents I hold my judgement for who's responsible. I do not trust the Russians but the last couple of years we have seen neither the Western msm is too be trusted.

After a few weeks we will see what happened and what kind of information is available.

Fact is that human life has been lost and that I hope peace will be achieved soon. So more lives can be saved.
Oh come on man! The Russians are in Ukraine. It’s not the other way around. Get off the fence. Pick a side.

The sad truth is human life has been lost and that I hope peace will be achieved soon. So more lives can be saved.

So if human life is the highest value and lives are to be saved at all costs- the answer is quite simple. any time one country or faction wants to take over the administration of the governing body of another country or faction, then, let them. Of course there will be some disagreements as to who has right to property or possessions, and sometimes that will involve the elimination of some of the people- but in the big picture of things those lives lost will pale in comparison to the lives lost had the issue been contested.

I think everyone recognizes the fact that propaganda is used on both sides of any war. But are we supposed to believe one side pushed back and, I will use the term “liberated”, an occupied town only to murder it’s own citizens for propaganda purposes? Are we also to accept that all the schools, hospitals, apartment buildings, and theaters were also utilized as such?

I’m sure all the international journalists imbedded with Russian troops will surely back that claim…oh wait, they’re not allowed. I’m curious why that might be.

This is not the first time this type of event has been brought to light. One would think that if Russia was truly occupying the moral high ground, or at least felt they were, there would be an all out effort to bring in all types of help to prove it. Instead, not only are they not allowed but are prosecuted. Is this true or not? If so why? How can you expect the rest of the planet to believe your statement without independent proof?
Remember the guy famous for his pictures of civil war carnage? It was known that he sometimes positioned bodies for photo effect. A few years back someone noticed a body in a picture was actually him posing as a dead combatant.

So America dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan to reduce possible lives lost by a manual invasion.
Would something like this help end the invasion of Ukraine and the continuing loss of lives?
Since when did saying please stop a bully or invading country's leader?
Sorry, the non invaders are always required to play nice.
Just saying....

Remember the guy famous for his pictures of civil war carnage?
Mathew Brady

So America dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan to reduce possible lives lost by a manual invasion.

The USA was attacked by the Empire of Japan in 1941. By 1945 Americans had had enough war.
Also, the bombs were atomic, not nuclear.

"Also, the bombs were atomic, not nuclear".

oops,please enlighten me -military layman- about the difference.

1649019630561.jpeg

I wondered as well and found this:

Little Boy's yield was about 15,000 tons of TNT equivalent.
Fat Man was about 20,000.

Today's warheads yield are in excess of 25,000,000 tons. Russia has one model with around 50,000,000 tons of 50 megatons.

Nuclear war is nothing we want to play with.

Little Boy's yield was about 15,000 tons of TNT equivalent.
Fat Man was about 20,000.

Today's warheads yield are in excess of 25,000,000 tons. Russia has one model with around 50,000,000 tons of 50 megatons.

Nuclear war is nothing we want to play with.
Russia (Soviet Union) built and tested only one of the big kahunas in 1961. It was named Tsar Bomba. It was a multiple hydrogen staged thermo nuclear weapon. Estimated yield was 50-58 megatons. To show how stupid some generals in the Soviet military really are/were, they tried to talk the politicians into building an even bigger one- something in the 100 megaton yield range! Luckily most of the influential scientists in Russia at the time talked them out of it.

So if human life is the highest value and lives are to be saved at all costs- the answer is quite simple. any time one country or faction wants to take over the administration of the governing body of another country or faction, then, let them. Of course there will be some disagreements as to who has right to property or possessions, and sometimes that will involve the elimination of some of the people- but in the big picture of things those lives lost will pale in comparison to the lives lost had the issue been contested.

Yeah...unfortunately some "people " come out with bend over bullshit

Small piece of the hell putin has created.....

And so @Vashper you didn't comment on this....find it interesting you try to cover press items that you can ..mmm...try and put your masters view over on...but you are very silent on news items that are totally negative to your indoctrinated narrative ...and that are unfortunately for you and your masters..factually true.....

1649034031110.png

Mathew Brady

The USA was attacked by the Empire of Japan in 1941. By 1945 Americans had had enough war.
Also, the bombs were atomic, not nuclear.
Thank you for the correction and info.

Maybe the current world we live in needs to get fed up with (Had enough of) war by whatever name it is call and with whatever reason tossed out for it. All the money spent in these few weeks of Russia invading Ukraine would feed a lot of people. But then it is their fault they are in the condition they are in so if they would just lift themselves up by their bootstraps blah blah blah.

it is their fault they are in the condition they are in
It would be interesting to know just how many people actually supported some action taken by their government. Not all of the ones that showed up at some rally- but those that would have gone to the rally without any encouragement or fear of reprisal. I suspect that a resident of Vladivostok has no more interest in the Ukraine war than a resident of Yukon territory- other than being sad about all of the harm being done but powerless to do anything about it.

It would be interesting to know just how many people actually supported some action taken by their government. Not all of the ones that showed up at some rally- but those that would have gone to the rally without any encouragement or fear of reprisal. I suspect that a resident of Vladivostok has no more interest in the Ukraine war than a resident of Yukon territory- other than being sad about all of the harm being done but powerless to do anything about it.

As long as it's somewhere else and someone else it is probably easy to just feel sorry for them when it is on the news. How does Chicago stack up with nearly 800 killings in 2021?
Is this the new america? Yes, lower case america.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrieTous

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia