Politics

+1

If China attacked Taiwan TODAY, would Joe Biden be up to the task of fighting a war? Very clearly the answer is no.
Question is would US even get directly involved? The US doctrine is to help it defend itself with materials and logistics.

Question is would US even get directly involved? The US doctrine is to help it defend itself with materials and logistics.
The whole purpose of our ambivalent strategy toward Taiwan is to leave that issue deliberately in doubt. It complicates Chinese planning enormously. I am not sure how viable that will remain as China grows closer to true parity.

Good point. I think other ASEAN Nations want the U.S. to take the lead in a fight for Taiwan. If we do, then those with a strong and well trained Military will contribute to the fight, but it will still be up to the person in the Oval Office to make the decision.

Im far more worried about him being up to the job of running the country (he clearly is not... whether the D party rallies around him and he ends up beating Trump or not)...
I don't know why are worried about that, he has not been running it for the past 3 1/2 years. What's 6 more months of Obama running the show.

The whole purpose of our ambivalent strategy toward Taiwan is to leave that issue deliberately in doubt. It complicates Chinese planning enormously. I am not sure how viable that will remain as China grows closer to true parity.
True, but there is limited value in this strategy. Not making the issue clear to both sides can lead to terrible miscalculations. Korea is the best example I can think of.

I never would have. If NJ becomes a battleground state? Then it's time to realize things are serious (and good for us GOP supporters).

NY/NJ have a long ingrained hatred for the Trump family due his real estate shrewdness in Manhattan and Atlantic City. I don't know how much of that is fair, to be honest. With that being said, NJ becoming a battleground state basically means it's game over for the Dems going into 2025.

While I agree in principle, what president would actually agree to such a thing. Who decides what counts as “independent?”

I agree, I’m not sure I would want to open up the box of Pandora where everyone for any reason can be asked to follow a series of “impartial” testing to prove their cognitive ability. The voting mechanism should suffice to determine this.

This worm is still turning as evidenced by today's NY Times. Assuming Clooney represents most of Hollywood (and its donations), Biden's path to hold onto the nomination just became far more difficult.

This worm is still turning as evidenced by today's NY Times. Assuming Clooney represents most of Hollywood (and its donations), Biden's path to hold onto the nomination just became far more difficult.

From that article:
Let’s hear from Wes Moore and Kamala Harris and Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsom and Andy Beshear and J.B. Pritzker and others. Let’s agree that the candidates not attack one another but, in the short time we have, focus on what will make this country soar. Then we could go into the Democratic convention next month and figure it out.
Hmmm, Wes Moore and Andy Beshear do not have the baggage that the other names have and would be formidable opponents for Trump.

Wes Moore as the candidate instead of Harris would also stop the race allegations.

That being said, my money is still on Harris getting the nod if Biden withdraws.

Well, It’s a done deal. Biden will be removed from the ticket by force.

Obama has given the go ahead to give him the nudge. It’s has already started as a gentle nudge.

Pelosi, George Clooney, Bidens Biographer all have been given permission to act surprised that his mental acuity has slid in the last (2 weeks). And now they have concerns.

When the gentle nudge doesn’t work. Biden will eventually be given the strong arm. They will leak the Hurr interview. Then finally threaten to leak all the evidence the DOJ has covered up. And they will pull the protection from the DOJ

If he leaves peacefully. He will be sold as a hero. Not the mean, corrupt, plagiarist that he really is.

I’m sure the Obama operatives are already working on having Biden release his delegates before the convention.

If he leaves peacefully. He will be sold as a hero. Not the mean, corrupt, plagiarist that he really is.

Not saying youre wrong...

But dont discount the combined egos of Jill, Hunter, and Joe or the lack of their collective ethics and morals...

he's been called a mean, corrupt, plagiarist (as well as a liar, and a general asshole) for the entire 50 years of his political career... Im pretty sure it hasnt phased him yet...

and he never has had any real friends.. Im going to guess he gives less than 2 damns about Clooneys opinion, much less Obamas..

I still give it a 50-50... Biden holds all the cards... at the end of the day.. the very things being pointed out (mean, corrupt, etc) are his primary advantages right now... If the DNC wants him gone, the very first question he is going to ask is "whats in it for me?"... followed by the statement "C'mon man! are you kidding? triple that number... nobody fucks with a Biden!"...

Makes you wonder what he has on them...pretty sure he knows how to play that game.

A fascinating read on the internal strategy of the Trump campaign.

I mentioned a while back that the Biden campaign had virtually written off all negative polling and were planning on re-running their 2020 playbook.

As this article shows, the Trump campaign has evolved dramatically from 2020. I admit that I am rather unfamiliar with the GOP apparatus, but I do know that David Axelrod thinks Wiles and LaCivita are deadly serious people.

1720659071356.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fdjhtyrtrj

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
Gunslinger1971@yahoo.com
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.