Politics

There have been quite a few of these sorts of posts popping up over the last few weeks. Not sure what to make of any of it yet, but when combined with the ever growing number of Russian combat suicides, one can't help but wonder if the whole rotten edifice may indeed be starting to crack.

It is worth remembering that Russia, in one form or another, lost four of the five wars it has fought since 1900 - five if we treat the Winter War with Finland as separate from the Continuation War. Russian victory is far from inevitable in Ukraine.

There have been quite a few of these sorts of posts popping up over the last few weeks. Not sure what to make of any of it yet, but when combined with the ever growing number of Russian combat suicides, one can't help but wonder if the whole rotten edifice may indeed be starting to crack.

It is worth remembering that Russia, in one form or another, lost four of the five wars it has fought since 1900 - five if we treat the Winter War with Finland as separate from the Continuation War. Russian victory is far from inevitable in Ukraine.

Brave woman, I'd guess her days are numbered, a small number.

Brave woman, I'd guess her days are numbered, a small number.
Thought about that, and I suspect she is one of the expats who have fled to Turkey or the Stans. If so, she won't be going home anytime soon.

Last week marked the anniversary of Robert Kennedy's assassination. On that date, his son, RFK, Jr officially asked the Biden Regime for Secret Service protection. It was denied for the third time. By Sec Mayorkas. The NYT (aka Pravda) supported this decision in an editorial......(noting that Jesse Jackson and George Wallace Secret Service details were exceptions.) But is there any candidate that has a family history more worrisome? Probably not. I mean, the CIA/FBI were likely complicit in murdering his Uncle. Anyway, over $100 billion wasted in proxy wars, but we can't find the money to protect an American politician? The Gestapo prosecutes one opponent, Pres Trump, and then hopes to passively eliminate another? A petty and vindictive regime the likes of which I have only seen in South America and Africa. Until now......FWB

Well developed piece on Crimea's growing vulnerability by Tom Sharpe in the Telegraph. Hopefully not behind a paywall.

interesting. Many years ago i was assigned a couple Russian drivers who both claimed they were taught Russia had never lost a battle nor a war. I changed subjects

This may have already been covered but to me the biggest thing to come out of HB Delaware trial was the government/ FBI admitting that the laptop was authentic. If this would have come out in 2020 the country wouldn’t have been put through the Biden nightmare according to poles.
We would have just had to deal with a less unhinged Trump.

interesting. Many years ago i was assigned a couple Russian drivers who both claimed they were taught Russia had never lost a battle nor a war. I changed subjects

Defeats

Russo-Japanese War of 1904-05
Russo-Polish War of 1919-21
WWI 1914-1917
Winter War 1939-40
Afghanistan 1979-89

Victories

WWII 1941-45 (with enormous help from the Western allies)
The Continuation War 1941-44 (Though the Russians gave up on the idea of overrunning Finland and agreed to a negotiated settlement.)

Note that all their opponents had significantly smaller populations. Doesn't exactly fit the propaganda message being spread by the Kremlin and its allies in this country does it.

Not sure if I have shared this before, but I found this clip from a JRE episode from a few years back to be rather informative; particularly the last minute or two about sense of humor and musical appreciation. -

I’m thinking probation and a fine. No criminal history, not a violent crime.

That would be the correct sentence. With a deal Pretrial diversion might have been appropriate. He will win on appeal, the Supreme Court changed the calculus as to if drug addicts can own a firearm. They don’t lose their second amendment rights.

Of course, the short term problem, with the felony conviction is his law license with his ability to “earn” a living. The medium term is the tax case and that the laptop is real and implicates uncle Joe.

And of course his father will pardon him, after the election, son needs that law license to “represent” all those foreign interests.

Addicted people may be eligible to own firearms now but you still can’t lie on the form.
I also believe no jail time and probation, as far as his law license goes, is he a practicing attorney or just a law school graduate?

Oh, Russia has certainly lost wars. But even those that they have won have not been really WON. some estimate that Russia had one in seven citizens killed in WW2. That kind of "victory" could make a Country paranoid....and afraid of a unified Germany.....among others...........FWB

That would be the correct sentence. With a deal Pretrial diversion might have been appropriate. He will win on appeal, the Supreme Court changed the calculus as to if drug addicts can own a firearm. They don’t lose their second amendment rights.

Of course, the short term problem, with the felony conviction is his law license with his ability to “earn” a living. The medium term is the tax case and that the laptop is real and implicates uncle Joe.

And of course his father will pardon him, after the election, son needs that law license to “represent” all those foreign interests.
Yup

And on the short term campaign trail Brandon is going to use this as a silver lining.... "see the system works, regardless of party affiliation".... Which casts a shadow on Trump's "the system is totally rigged against us"....
Its going to be an interesting few months up to the election.....

Well developed piece on Crimea's growing vulnerability by Tom Sharpe in the Telegraph. Hopefully not behind a paywall.

In 2009 we took the train from Poltava to Sevastopol. From Sevastopol we hired cars and drove to the botanical gardens near Yalta, a Soviet Brass vacation spot. It is a truly beautiful area, with vineyards and orchards flowing down the hillsides to the sea. I would like to go back after Ukraine retakes it and see what is left.

Oh, Russia has certainly lost wars. But even those that they have won have not been really WON. some estimate that Russia had one in seven citizens killed in WW2. That kind of "victory" could make a Country paranoid....and afraid of a unified Germany.....among others...........FWB
Not to mention what they have done to themselves.

Following the collapse of the Soviet Union, Robert Conquest first reported that the Russians estimated that 14 million people went into the Gulag from 1929-53. Another 8 million were deported to remote areas of the Soviet Union. Depending upon who one believes, somewhere between 2 and 6 million of them died.

No one knows for sure, but it is generally accepted that Stalin's collectivization killed between 5.7 and 7 million Russian citizens in 1932-33 - many in Ukraine.

Between 1929-53 another three-quarters of a million were executed by judicial order.

Forced displacement of ethnic groups with the Soviet Union between 1929-52 numbered 1.2 million of which a third died.

Externally, the Soviets murdered 22,000 Polish officers in 1940. They murdered as many as another one and a half million across Eastern Europe between 1945 and 1990.

Stalin alone was responsible for the deaths of around 4-5% of the country's population.

WWII was indeed terrible, but little more than a continuity of the cultural brutality seemingly endemic to the Russian people.

But revisionists in this country seemingly believe that Russia has every right to export that cultural brutality to Ukraine and beyond. It sickens me.

Last edited:
We agree... thats pretty much the desire of all organizations that seek to establish an islamic state..

what Im saying is.. rewind back to 2007 when Hamas first too power.. what has changed in almost 20 years? what was new in 2007 other than an organization called "Hamas" was now going to be in charge?... since 1947 pretty much every ruling palestinian organization called for the same thing to one degree or another... Hamas saying is no different than the PLO saying it in their charter documents.. or Fatah making the same statement in 1950.. etc..etc..

What was new was Irans decision to flood a ton of money into Hamas rather than other options/parties...

if youre a palestinian.. and a political party is calling for the destruction of Israel.. this really is nothing new or unique.. you have an expectation that this is going to be part of the partys platform..

Which leads to my comment that it is neither surprising or interesting that Hamas got elected with a desire to destroy israel embedded into their fabric..

what is surprising and interesting to me is how long these organizations continue to govern/rule...

the people of Gaza clearly have not prospered under Hamas.. nor have they seen the destruction of Israel.. etc..etc.. and yet...they continue to allow Hamas to rule...

I dont believe an election could displace Hamas... that part of the world has proven over and over again for most of the modern era that once someone/something rises to power, it required violent overthrow by either a military coup, a revolution, a civil war, etc for change to happen...

the fact that that has not happened by now.. is telling...
Except that Clinton had Israel and the PLO finishing a peace deal in the early 1990s and then Hamas started a suicide bombing campaign on Israeli public buses to scuttle the peace deal.

As Golda Meir said about 50 years ago, "This war will not end until Palestinians love their children more than they hate us".
Don’t hold your breath. If you’ve ever been around those cultures, they don’t value children like Judeo Christian cultures do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MargaretaW

Latest profile posts

overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me
I've been hunting and shooting all my life in So Cal. Luckily, I've passed it on to my son who does his thing on the East coast except when we get together for some outdoor activities. I shoot just about anything that goes bang including rifle, shotgun and muzzleloaders. I've scratch-built several flint rifles and a couple of pistols and rebuilt several old muzzlestuffers for friends.