Politics

It is simply my perception. It seems that this is perhaps a subjective thing based on the reader nor did I ever mention the word “enraged.” To me, you’re coming across with some emotion now. You seem to take personal offense and perhaps others as well because of my description of Trump detractors. I happen to intensely dislike Obama. I freely admit that is my “emotion” coming through. I despise the man for personal reasons. In regard to Trump, I believe he evokes an emotional response from his detractors and based on their responses on AH thus far, I see no reason to change my mind.

Anyways, no need to get offended on the internet anyways. This is a hunting forum. An African hunting forum. Who would best support (by their actions not words) African hunting and hunting in general, a republican administration under Trump or democrat administration under Biden? That is the question that is really germane for this site. Too bad we couldn’t conduct a poll.
Actually there is a way to do a poll, never done it but I’ve seen several on the forum.

Who would best support (by their actions not words) African hunting and hunting in general, a republican administration under Trump or democrat administration under Biden?
Even if I supported everything Trump says he will do, I still would not support him because I could not trust him to not change his mind on a whim or when it is most beneficial to him personally.

It is simply my perception. It seems that this is perhaps a subjective thing based on the reader nor did I ever mention the word “enraged.” To me, you’re coming across with some emotion now. You seem to take personal offense and perhaps others as well because of my description of Trump detractors. I happen to intensely dislike Obama. I freely admit that is my “emotion” coming through. I despise the man for personal reasons. In regard to Trump, I believe he evokes an emotional response from his detractors and based on their responses on AH thus far, I see no reason to change my mind.

Anyways, no need to get offended on the internet anyways. This is a hunting forum. An African hunting forum. Who would best support (by their actions not words) African hunting and hunting in general, a republican administration under Trump or democrat administration under Biden? That is the question that is really germane for this site. Too bad we couldn’t conduct a poll.
I am confident that on this site Trump would win handily. You may even be right with respect who would do the least harm to our sport. However, I am far from a single issue voter, and hunting is fairly far down my list of national concerns.

Even if I supported everything Trump says he will do, I still would not support him because I could not trust him to not change his mind on a whim or when it is most beneficial to him personally.
I support your right to vote and support whomever you please. I do not “trust” any politician.

I truly believe it is impossible for him to seperate national interests from his personal grievances. For instance, I am absolutely convinced that his attitude toward Ukraine is based upon his personal animus towards Zelinsky who, surprise surprise, would not involve himself in domestic US politics.

That said, I also believe Biden no longer has a meaningful opinion on anything. His ship of state is sailing without a captain - it would seem even without a helmsman.

Whatever else happens in November, I pray for a Republican senate majority.

Saul do you believe that Trump “enriched”himself and his family, even though he never took a salary while president, on the backs of tax payers?
I think his children were enriched by his presidency, though I am unsure exactly how you would define “on the backs of taxpayers.”

I think his children were enriched by his presidency, though I am unsure exactly how you would define “on the backs of taxpayers.”
Did he take money that didn’t belong to him from tax payers? How did his children ,other than their salary, financially gain by him being president? I ask because that is a talking point of the liberal media although they don’t seem to have any proof of anything involving trumps getting rich off the tax payers.

Did he take money that didn’t belong to him from tax payers? How did his children ,other than their salary, financially gain by him being president? I ask because that is a talking point of the liberal media although they don’t seem to have any proof of anything involving trumps getting rich off the tax payers.
No, I do not think there was any sort of thievery going on, just using their proximity to the president in order to secure business in China and Saudi Arabia.

Saul do you believe that Trump “enriched”himself and his family, even though he never took a salary while president, on the backs of tax payers?
I have a good friend who is a retired military officer. After retirement, he went to work as a military consultant to a middle eastern country. Whenever they came to Washington DC to meet with then President Trump, they always stayed at the Trump hotel. It was sort of a requirement.

I have to agree with @Redleg. I have seen many emotional posts regarding Trump, almost exclusively by those who support Trump, taking exception to folks expressing concerns about him. A rational discussion is largely impossible as anything but utter devotion seems to generate an illogical response. I have largely backed out of the discussion as, quite frankly, I don’t have the patience to deal with it.

This would have never happened under the dems. Hell, even leaving things status quo is better than what we’d get under the democrats. Trump actually went against what he previously said and lifted the Obama era elephant trophy import ban in 2018, perhaps from feedback from his sons.

Better than nothing, that I will give and more so than any Dem POTUS I’d agree. But “far, far more support,” that’s a stretch. From the article:

Two days later, he tweetedthat he "will be very hard pressed to change my mind that this horror show in any way helps conservation of Elephants or any other animal."

There’s what you say publicly and what you do privately. Most of the time what’s done privately goes unnoticed. As such not too concerned with what Trump says publicly.

Biden on the other hand, has not been running the show from day one, Obama acolytes have been. And I detest commies (marxists).

The Russian Army experienced another day of carnage as they tried to renew attacks in several areas. However, the most embarrassing incident occurred nearly 700 Km from the front lines where two large UA drones successfully overflew one of the heaviest defended airfields in the country and at least severely damaged one of Russia's extremely rare Gen 5 SU-57 aircraft. They are believed to currently have no more than a dozen. (You can see a computer created version in "Top Gun Maverick.") The Russian air force has not allowed any to be used anywhere near the line of contact since the war began. :unsure:

1717943823537.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucie59G78

Latest profile posts

matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.
JG26Irish_2 wrote on 9412765's profile.
RE: Interarms Whitworth 375HH f/sale f/$850. If still available, I will buy it. I am in KY can do a face to face deal. My e-mail is:

kent.warco.llc@gmail.com or PM me here. Cell is: 606-923-3162

Your 5 hrs f/me. You travel to OH w/work. If you can be at Cincinnati, OH that 1/2 way. I can travel most days but Friday afternoons are best. Let's set up a date/time/location to meet up.
thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.