Politics

Let's dumb this down just a little bit. For those of you who seem to worship at the feet of DJT, you wish to make this a binary issue. You've dumbed it down to the old saying ythat you're either one of them or your one of us, and of course them are all bad.

Well it just doesn't work that way for many of us. I don't care for Trump to the point that I didn't want him to be the Republican nominee. This does not equate to me being a Democrat or supporting Biden much less intending to vote for him.

My analysis of Trump has nothing to do with being offended nor having my feelings hurt or any other emotion (love/hate, nice guy/mean guy or any other thing). It's simply that I don't believe in this man with his character flaws represents the best choice for POTUS.

It's really that simple to understand. My lack of support for Trump does not equate to support for Biden.

On a side note, if not supporting one candidate equates to supporting their opponent, then why do some of you continue with sometimes direct attacks and other times a more childish passive/aggressive attacks on @Saul. The man has stated a number of times that he won't vote for Trump, but he won't vote for Biden either. By your logic he is in fact then supporting Trump. And yet he never takes the bait, I'd say because he is in control of his emotions. While I'm quite sure I disagree with him on any number of issues, I also know there is common ground we share, he is in fact a hunter and shooter like the rest of us. So why insult the man, you may just trigger him into voting for Biden just to spite you? I doubt it, but your personal attacks on the man are certainly not supporting Trump's re-election, rather your actions are in support of Biden.
I haven't read all the posts but I didn’t really detect much worshiping of Trump. What I do detect is an emotional response from every single one of his detractors. Those who dislike Trump base this on pure emotion and not detached logic. I have some family members that some would consider accomplished and intelligent, a lawyer and those with advanced degrees that become enraged and incapable of polite discourse when it comes to discussing Trump.

Presently, Democrats are not friendly and supportive of hunting, especially African hunting, period. Trump is supportive of hunting and both of his older sons have hunted Africa. Trump will support your/our industry, let’s not forget that.

Biden is a bad president, quite possibly the worse ever. It typically takes many years to pass for history to properly judge a president. Biden will be at or near the bottom.

Trump, who I voted for twice (2016 & 2020), is polling neck and neck with Biden.

Why isn't a landslide victory for Trump going to happen and the possibility of Biden getting re-elected very real. It's Trump's behavior. I've written this before, but if Trump was a corporate officer in a fortune 500 company, he would be fired for his behavior. If Trump was an officer in the US military, he would have been fired or court martialed for conduct unbecoming. Or at a minimum, relieved of command due to loss of confidence to lead.

The POTUS is the commander in chief of the military. He or she should lead by example. Trump and Biden set very poor examples of leadership. Both aren't all that bright either.

@BJH65 I see you are in Oklahoma. I love visiting my kids and grandkids in Oklahoma and really like the state. You have a US senator, Markwayne Mullin, who by all accounts is a self made guy who worked hard, made some money and became a senator. However, when he challenged a union leader to a fight during a senate hearing. Mullin should have been shown the door then and there. The US is in dire need of leaders, not immature idiots who rant and rave and call names.

Will the US be better off with Trump than Biden? Probably. It's just a sad commentary that we don't have a better choice. If Trump is elected, he will be a lame duck on Day 1. Trump stated that his VP selection process would emphasize selecting someone without presidential aspirations. To me, this is just wrong and stupid. Trump's VP selection should be all about grooming a presidential hopeful for 2028. That will be his legacy.

:S Agree:

Because for some of us the above (and more) is odious enough to matter.

And it's not about hurt feelings. It's about having standards, and at some point you have to draw the line.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts but I didn’t really detect much worshiping of Trump. What I do detect is an emotional response from every single one of his detractors. Those who dislike Trump base this on pure emotion and not detached logic. I have some family members that some would consider accomplished and intelligent, a lawyer and those with advanced degrees that become enraged and incapable of polite discourse when it comes to discussing Trump.

Presently, Democrats are not friendly and supportive of hunting, especially African hunting, period. Trump is supportive of hunting and both of his older sons have hunted Africa. Trump will support your/our industry, let’s not forget that.

Point out a post where I've expressed anger or any other emotion in regards to Trump and i'll be more inclined to see your point of view. Actually any post of anyone who is not pro Trump would suffice. I see people like myself analyzing the man and find him wanting.

There is no doubt there are those in this world who become enraged at the mere whisper of the man's name. They become unhinged so easily it's disturbing, including people who you'd otherwise thing are rational. But I don't see anyone like that on this thread.

Regarding Trump and supporting African hunting:

Point out a post where I've expressed anger or any other emotion in regards to Trump and i'll be more inclined to see your point of view. Actually any post of anyone who is not pro Trump would suffice. I see people like myself analyzing the man and find him wanting.

There is no doubt there are those in this world who become enraged at the mere whisper of the man's name. They become unhinged so easily it's disturbing, including people who you'd otherwise thing are rational. But I don't see anyone like that on this thread.

Regarding Trump and supporting African hunting:

Trump is not a hunter but his sons are. I care more about actions than words. He will be far, far more supportive of hunting and African hunting than ANY democrat. You may choose to believe otherwise.

A whitehouse aide stated that they may deploy more Nukes, in order to counter threats from China, Russia, and other adversaries.

Is WW3 looming?

Trump is not a hunter but his sons are. I care more about actions than words. He will be far, far more supportive of hunting and African hunting than ANY democrat. You may choose to believe otherwise.

Please provide evidence he was far, far more supporting of hunting during his first term. He did very little if anything to support us in spite of his son's involvement. It was one of my disappointment with him.

Better than a Dem president? Likely, but I wanted more. It's not about what I believe he'll do, it's about what he has done for hunting when he had the chance. I invite you to prove me wrong, I have no issue conceding if I am.

IMHO the country can recover from 4 more years of Biden, especially if it sets up a GOP surge. Biden would also not be that effective if GOP gains control of the Senate. However, a Europe dominated by Russia would be much, much harder to recover from. In my view Trump is NOT the lesser of two evils.
I ask this in all seriousness. Do you, or anyone for that matter believe that Biden will be president in a year or two after the Democrats win this election?
I am much more pessimistic about the country being able to recover from whom/what replaces Biden.

I ask this in all seriousness. Do you, or anyone for that matter believe that Biden will be president in a year or two after the Democrats win this election?
I am much more pessimistic about the country being able to recover from whom/what replaces Biden.
I don't think Kamala Harris would be any worse than Biden. The left is already getting whatever the hell they want from Biden except for Hamas support.

Explain how in my most recent post, or any others you care to look up, I, or for that matter any others who have expressed hesitancy about Trump, offered an "emotional" or enraged response. Indeed if you want to find emotion, vitriol, and name calling in this thread it has been the Trump loyalists providing the vast majority of those examples. What I did do is try and provide you with a list of what I believe are a number of issues that make Trump a very flawed candidate for president. None of that should be perceived as an endorsement of Biden, and certainly not the modern day democrat party. We have two miserable choices - three if we wish to count Harris. It is one reason, Trump needs to choose his running mate wisely.

Last edited:
I voted for Trump twice. I held my nose both times, and the second time much harder than the first. I am not sure I can do it a third time.

So, you're saying there is a chance...? LOL..

Maybe not.

This story first came out pre-2020 election along with about 1,000 other smear stories about Trump... At the time the sources were cited as 4 anonymous WH staffers who claimed second and third-hand information. The story was published by the Atlantic which is a left-wing propaganda rag... There was never any first-hand corroboration to this story until Kelly's supposed letter to CNN in 2023...

It was debunked then, and now it miraculously resurfaces three years later in a written statement by Kelly to CNN of all sources..? Firstly, for what it's worth, the alleged statements are so outrageous and so offensive that I have a very hard time believing that even Trump, or anyone else for that matter, would say them in any context... Secondly, even if Trump actually did make derogatory statements, do you honestly think he would be foolish enough to make them in front of a guy like Kelly who is career military? Sorry, but it makes no sense, and I personally have a hard time buying it... Kelly may actually be a standup guy, but he also has motive to disparage a former boss who fired him with another election looming...

This story first came out pre-2020 election along with about 1,000 other smear stories about Trump... At the time the sources were cited as 4 anonymous WH staffers who claimed second and third-hand information. The story was published by the Atlantic which is a left-wing propaganda rag... There was never any first-hand corroboration to this story until Kelly's supposed letter to CNN in 2023...

It was debunked then, and now it miraculously resurfaces three years later in a written statement by Kelly to CNN of all sources..? Firstly, for what it's worth, the alleged statements are so outrageous and so offensive that I have a very hard time believing that even Trump, or anyone else for that matter, would say them in any context... Secondly, even if Trump actually did make derogatory statements, do you honestly think he would be foolish enough to make them in front of a guy like Kelly who is career military? Sorry, but it makes no sense, and I personally have a hard time buying it... Kelly may actually be a standup guy, but he also has motive to disparage a former boss who fired him with another election looming...
Didn’t believe it then don’t believe it now. Even though Red leg assured me it’s legit I have my doubts.

Quelle surprise. Another disparagement from a deep stater. Republished to distract from current potus disappointing military remembrance.
Heck, he SHOULD have said Beau and Uncle Bosey stormed Omaha Beach. At least he'd get points for originality.

Quelle surprise. Another disparagement from a deep stater. Republished to distract from current potus disappointing military remembrance.
Heck, he SHOULD have said Beau and Uncle Bosey stormed Omaha Beach. At least he'd get points for originality.
Truly surprised he did claim he single handedly took the beach that day…..

Please provide evidence he was far, far more supporting of hunting during his first term. He did very little if anything to support us in spite of his son's involvement. It was one of my disappointment with him.

Better than a Dem president? Likely, but I wanted more. It's not about what I believe he'll do, it's about what he has done for hunting when he had the chance. I invite you to prove me wrong, I have no issue conceding if I am.

This would have never happened under the dems. Hell, even leaving things status quo is better than what we’d get under the democrats. Trump actually went against what he previously said and lifted the Obama era elephant trophy import ban in 2018, perhaps from feedback from his sons.

Last edited:
Must have been an extraordinarily prescient bit of reporting. It was published in October of 2023.

And Kelly a deep stater - whatever you think that is - the definition seems very flexible. That deep stater joined the Marine Corps as a rifleman in 1970. Mustered out in 1972 as a sergeant to attend college. He reinterred the Corps in 1975, attended OCS, and was commissioned at the end of that year. He earned a BA from UMAS and a MA from the Georgetown School of Foreign Service. He gave this nation nearly 45 years of selfless service in uniform. He holds two Legion of Merits with V Device (for valor in combat).

Look, I wasn't there. However, If I were forced to believe John Kelley who has never walked back a word of it over the last year or Trump's other staffers, I would unhesitantly believe Kelley. I think everyone here is aware of Trump's comments about Senator John McCain and how badly Trump handled the incident with a critical and grieving Gold Star family. Hence, I am not inclined to give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

And yes, Biden is every bit as lamentable. The story about his uncle is ridiculous; checking his watch over and over at Dover was unforgivable; and the confusion over his son's service is excruciating to watch.

Both point to what I believe is a truly terrible choice awaiting the American people.

Make no mistake, he’s not confused about his sons service, it’s a lie, he knows it’s a lie but he continues to recite it every chance he gets and it just makes him look even more pathetic than he already is.

Explain how in my most recent post, or any others you care to look up, I, or for that matter any others who have expressed hesitancy about Trump, offered an "emotional" or enraged response. Indeed if you want to find emotion, vitriol, and name calling in this thread it has been the Trump loyalists providing the vast majority of those examples. What I did do is try and provide you with a list of what I believe are a number of issues that make Trump a very flawed candidate for president. None of that should be perceived as an endorsement of Biden, and certainly not the modern day democrat party. We have two miserable choices - three if we wish to count Harris. It is one reason, Trump needs to choose his running mate wisely.
It is simply my perception. It seems that this is perhaps a subjective thing based on the reader nor did I ever mention the word “enraged.” To me, you’re coming across with some emotion now. You seem to take personal offense and perhaps others as well because of my description of Trump detractors. I happen to intensely dislike Obama. I freely admit that is my “emotion” coming through. I despise the man for personal reasons. In regard to Trump, I believe he evokes an emotional response from his detractors and based on their responses on AH thus far, I see no reason to change my mind.

Anyways, no need to get offended on the internet anyways. This is a hunting forum. An African hunting forum. Who would best support (by their actions not words) African hunting and hunting in general, a republican administration under Trump or democrat administration under Biden? That is the question that is really germane for this site. Too bad we couldn’t conduct a poll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeannaSing

Latest profile posts

matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.
JG26Irish_2 wrote on 9412765's profile.
RE: Interarms Whitworth 375HH f/sale f/$850. If still available, I will buy it. I am in KY can do a face to face deal. My e-mail is:

kent.warco.llc@gmail.com or PM me here. Cell is: 606-923-3162

Your 5 hrs f/me. You travel to OH w/work. If you can be at Cincinnati, OH that 1/2 way. I can travel most days but Friday afternoons are best. Let's set up a date/time/location to meet up.
thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.