Politics

A mentor to me years ago predicted our current political state of affairs . His view that the carnage and costs of the American Civil War and then WWI and WWII were still the minds of the public and the political.

In times past, our politicians would govern with a certain collegial relationship- disagreement on legislation and debated over bourbon.

Then the time came when when they wanted to destroy politically
Then a time came when they wanted to destroy professionally .
Then the time will come when they want to destroy personally.

And then there are the unintended consequences that I don’t want to think about.

There are not many options left but I remember the US political atmosphere in 1968.

Theadore Roosevelt was President in 1908
Most travelled by horse & carriage, America was getting traction economically. And it had been 403 years since the country had been at war ( x Spanish American ).

Within 40 years, the world experienced 2 world wars, the complete political reconstruction of Europe, nuclear warfare, and flying faster than the speed of sound.

Now in 2024, we have more powerful weapons, more powerful technology and as much division as a lot of us have seen in our lifetimes…will the 21 Century be less dramatic as the 20th? Hope so

For now, I’m pulling up a lawn chair with a glass of bourbon, lite a cigar and watch the show.
Cheers,
Jack

Joe Manchin supposedly left the Democrat party and is now an Independent.
he's been to the Dems what McCain was to the Republicans for a very long time...

I dont dislike him... From what I can tell he votes what his constituents want/need and what he truly believes as opposed to just getting on board with whatever the party at large wants to do... I can respect that..

I just dont agree with most of his positions on most things..

he's been to the Dems what McCain was to the Republicans for a very long time...

I dont dislike him... From what I can tell he votes what his constituents want/need and what he truly believes as opposed to just getting on board with whatever the party at large wants to do... I can respect that..

I just dont agree with most of his positions on most things..

I would expect Manchin to caucus with the Democrats >95% of the time.

I would expect Manchin to caucus with the Democrats >95% of the time.
I don’t think he voted across party lines as much as McCain did. Even when he was promised things concerning coal that were reneged on.

that SHOULD be correct.. But I certainly wouldnt count on it...

the NY State Court of Appeals was actually a somewhat conservative court (by NY standards.. which really means sorta slightly left leaning, centrist by the US national standard) for a while..

but it now leans pretty far left (left-center by NY standards.. but fairly far left by what I would believe is the US standard)..

These are the justices..

Only one of them is a Republican (Garcia).. and most of the rest of them bring NYC, California, and Ivy League experiences and educations (liberal) to the bench..

then factor in that the governor of NY hates trump (the person that could pardon him.. and also the person that nominates justices to the court of appeals)..

You have a recipe for yet another clown show at the circus.. if they decide they want to go that way...

Granted none of the justices at the Court of Appeals are nearly as radical as Merchan from what I can tell...

But... frankly in this day and age... I've lost almost all faith in the justice system.. so who knows..
Hang onto that crystal ball because it is sub minute of angle accurate.

Senator's Tester and Brown are in a much more precarious position after the Trump verdict. If one of them looses, the Republicans probably have the Senate.

The cat that ate the canary, President Crapshispants when asked if he had anything to do with Trump being found guilty..,,
IMG_8331.jpeg

Excellent article on the trial and why some never Trumpers (or "never again" Trumpers like me) might be switching. Click on Guy Bensons tweet to open.

Rwanda deploys 2,000 troops to natural gas rich Mozambique region hosting TotalEnergies, ExxonMobil projects​

Ondiro Oganga and Matthew Hill, Bloomberg May 28, 2024
(Bloomberg) – Rwanda deployed an additional 2,000 soldiers to natural-gas rich Mozambique, where Islamic State-linked violence that’s delayed a $20 billion TotalEnergies SE project for three years, has surged in recent months.

The troops arrived last week, according to Ronald Rwivanga, spokesman for the Rwanda Defence Force. They joined at least 2,500 Rwandan soldiers and police deployed to Mozambique since 2021 to help restore peace in the northeastern Cabo Delgado province, home to TotalEnergies’ natural gas-export project.
Since the start of the year, the rebels have regrouped and ratcheted up attacks, raising questions about security as TotalEnergies weighs restarting its project. ExxonMobil Corp. plans an even bigger LNG export facility adjacent to TotalEnergies’, but it’s also on hold.

“We are just beefing up our forces there,” Rwivanga said Monday, adding the additional troops weren’t specifically relieving hundreds of troops from the regional Southern African Development Community that are leaving the country by July 15. “Just to be able to cover a wider area and to be able to operate more effectively.”
The Rwandan troops have played a key role in dislodging the jihadist groups from where they staged a large-scale attack that killed more than 800 people in the town of Palma near the TotalEnergies project. The Islamist militants earlier this month staged their boldest attack since then, raiding the town of Macomia less than 100 miles from Total’s project.
Since the insurgency began in 2017, Mozambique’s security forces have struggled to contain it. The arrival of SADC and Rwandan forces in the second-half of 2021 helped, with the number of fighters with battlefield experience falling to between 160 and 200, according to a UN report in February. Previously, there had been as many as 3,000, according to the International Crisis Group.

How are the election in South Africa being perceived there? Is this an opportunity for the ANC to move politically closer to the DA? I hope the results persuade the party to abandon their more extreme rhetoric and leave the crazy to Zuma and the EFF

On News24 it is said that party members favor a coalition of DA and ANC. peaceful protests in the cape call for recount. Lets hope they put the country first.

1717249515723.jpeg

If Donald Trump can make his way to the presidency without being assassinated by the deep state, I seriously hope he goes scorched earth, and drinks from the skulls of his enemies.

Trump has become a symbol and a firewall against the tyranny, oppression, and the deep rooted evil that lies within the democrat party.

November 5th will be a day of retribution.

#MAGA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandiBunn

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?