Politics

Doubtful.

Russia gets hit with large scale terror attacks every few years… this is the worst one in a long time… but it’s not new or unique..

My guess would be Chechen.. but could be Georgians… or a host of others the Russians have upset over the years..

Ukraine has already denounced the attack and been very public about saying it was not them..

If the Ukrainians were going to hit something in Moscow it would have been a military or police target.. even if they had minimal success, the message and the mission purpose would have been similar to what we intended with the Doolittle raid in WW2..
Agree. There is reporting the US warned the Russians on 19 Mar of a possible imminent terrorist attack. I also would guess Chechens. Whomever, I‘ll bet real money more than one was shouting Allahu Akbar while murdering people.

Agree. There is reporting the US warned the Russians on 19 Mar of a possible imminent terrorist attack. I also would guess Chechens. Whomever, I‘ll bet real money more than one was shouting Allahu Akbar while murdering people.

The timing is poor. A terrorist attack usually seeks a particular goal. A week ago, it would have been to discourage Putin’s reelection. Today, what’s the message for Russia? The dark crevices of the Internet are all crying “false flag” with the goal to unify domestic Russian support under Putin.

Normally, I don’t consider such nonsense, but Russia is such a backwater KGB-mentality country a false flag by the FSB is no less absurd than their intelligence running around poisoning their adversaries.

Putin has very good ties with the strongmen that run Georgia and Chechnya so I wouldn’t assume Allahu Akbar was uttered during this attack.

The timing is poor. A terrorist attack usually seeks a particular goal. A week ago, it would have been to discourage Putin’s reelection. Today, what’s the message for Russia? The dark crevices of the Internet are all crying “false flag” with the goal to unify domestic Russian support under Putin.

Normally, I don’t consider such nonsense, but Russia is such a backwater KGB-mentality country a false flag by the FSB is no less absurd than their intelligence running around poisoning their adversaries.

Putin has very good ties with the strongmen that run Georgia and Chechnya so I wouldn’t assume Allahu Akbar was uttered during this attack.
I am confident something on this scale in the heart of Moscow wasn't a false flag incident. In Russia, with no alternative, the election was irrelevant. It was clearly aimed as a mass casualty event against civilians. No one with any sense would believe it was Ukraine even if Putin ordered it. I suspect with the incursions around Belgorod, the attacks against the oil industry, and the never ending war some of the militants in the south are getting restless and see opportunity to demonstrate Russian weakness.

From Fox -
On March 7, the U.S. Embassy in Russia warned against "imminent plans" for an attack by extremists."

"The Embassy is monitoring reports that extremists have imminent plans to target large gatherings in Moscow, to include concerts, and U.S. citizens should be advised to avoid large gatherings over the next 48 hours," the embassy said two weeks ago.

The warning came after Russian authorities said they had stopped an attack by Islamic State extremists planned at a mosque in Russia.

Last edited:
This warning (also on the British Embassy website) is the most unpleasant thing about the current incident. It may be difficult for you, but try to imagine a mirror image of the situation in the United States.
Who the specific performers were is not so important.
And it's too early to talk about the rest, nothing is known yet.
By the way, the Crocus Center belongs to a friend and business partner of Trump, he hosted Miss Universe there in 2013. I saw Trump then.

This warning (also on the British Embassy website) is the most unpleasant thing about the current incident. It may be difficult for you, but try to imagine a mirror image of the situation in the United States.
Who the specific performers were is not so important.
And it's too early to talk about the rest, nothing is known yet.
By the way, the Crocus Center belongs to a friend and business partner of Trump, he hosted Miss Universe there in 2013. I saw Trump then.
I am one of the strongest opponents of the Putin regime and its actions in Ukraine on this site. However, terrorist attacks like this are the height of evil wherever they occur. My heart and my prayers go out to all of those affected by this cowardly incident. I think it is vitally important to discover the perpetrators. If it was an Islamic radical group, it is a scourge about which all of us need to cooperate.

The Islamic State Group is claiming initial credit. They have been active in Syria, Iraq, and East Africa. They seem to have been responsible for several incidents in the Caucasus over the last decade or so.

The latest statement from the Islamic State Group on their Telegram channel.

“Islamic State fighters attacked a large gathering of Christians in the city of Krasnogorsk on the outskirts of the Russian capital, Moscow, killing and wounding hundreds and causing great destruction to the place before they withdrew to their bases safely.”

Last edited:

I just can't understand parts of the party today. It's kind of amazing it's even considered the same party. Within the Freedom Caucus, some of the most famous and celebrated members include a man who had a relationship with and sexually trafficked a minor (Gaetz); a 37-year old grandmother and high school drop out who basically gave a guy a h*ndjob in a public theater (Boebert); and a person who might actually be schizophrenic or at least schizotypal (MTG). It blows my mind. And frankly, it's embarrassing.

The Democrats have the Squad and we have the House Obstruction Caucus. They get elected because there is a faction within the GOP that would like to burn it all down without having a clue about how to build it all back up. Being zealots they are successful in getting their low IQ candidates through primaries in safe districts. To be honest, if I were in any of their districts, I would not be voting for them. At some point one has to look at the candidates themselves and not the party affiliations. There was a reason the Democrats pushed for the fringe GOP candidates in swing district primaries last couple of election cycles. They won every one of them.

GOP is proving itself not being able to govern. Why would an independent voter want to vote for the GOP?

I am one of the strongest opponents of the Putin regime and its actions in Ukraine on this site. However, terrorist attacks like this are the height of evil wherever they occur. My heart and my prayers go out to all of those affected by this cowardly incident. I think it is vitally important to discover the perpetrators. If it was an Islamic radical group, it is a scourge about which all of us need to cooperate.

The Islamic State Group is claiming initial credit. They have been active in Syria, Iraq, and East Africa. They seem to have been responsible for several incidents in the Caucasus over the last decade or so.

The latest statement from the Islamic State Group on their Telegram channel.

“Islamic State fighters attacked a large gathering of Christians in the city of Krasnogorsk on the outskirts of the Russian capital, Moscow, killing and wounding hundreds and causing great destruction to the place before they withdrew to their bases safely.”
One other point. Assuming the claims are correct, I wonder if Trump will adjust his bragging that he wiped out the Islamic State (ISIS)?

After being ousted from the RNC, Ronna McDaniels has joined NBC & MSNBC as a contributor.
She joins a long list of turncoat Swamp misfits who joined the ranks of the media morons, for no other reason than to whine about Trump 24/7.

The Democrats have the Squad and we have the House Obstruction Caucus. They get elected because there is a faction within the GOP that would like to burn it all down without having a clue about how to build it all back up. Being zealots they are successful in getting their low IQ candidates through primaries in safe districts. To be honest, if I were in any of their districts, I would not be voting for them. At some point one has to look at the candidates themselves and not the party affiliations. There was a reason the Democrats pushed for the fringe GOP candidates in swing district primaries last couple of election cycles. They won every one of them.

GOP is proving itself not being able to govern. Why would an independent voter want to vote for the GOP?
The problem is as I see it, is that the Marxist Democrats vote in UNISON for everything their puppet masters tell them too. With the most recent exceptions of Manchin and Sinema, there are virtually NO moderate Democrats in Congress. The Marxists here in Colorado are about to vote to ban ALL "assault weapons", with a definition of anything with a detachable magazine. In addition, Colorado Governor Polis wants ALL oil and natural gas production to end here in Colorado in 2030. Colorado is the second largest producer of oil and gas in this country providing BILLIONS in taxes to the state and hundreds of thousands of jobs. Talk about "fringe" and "burning it all down". The Marxists are dividing us slowly from state to state over their radical issues. I'd vote for a dead Republican before I'll ever vote for a candidate with a "D" running for anything. When you're the target of their insanity, it comes home "fast and furious"!

One other point. Assuming the claims are correct, I wonder if Trump will adjust his bragging that he wiped out the Islamic State (ISIS)?
Well his record of back-tracking isn’t stellar, but I’m sure they just started up a new one anyway. ;)

Don't forget West Africa and Afghanistan, ISIS-K killed 43 people in a terror attack in Kandahar yesterday. Apparently most of those killed were Taliban (I guess technically the Afghan Army now). The attack was at a bank branch that they were lined up at to draw their wages.

RINO Rep. Mike Gallagher is retiring early, leaving the Repubs with a razor thin majority.
Honestly speaking, the GOP has been dying a slow and painful death of their own making.
It's not Trumps fault. It's not MTG's fault. Its the establishment, and the never ending D.C status quo. The Democrats have adapted nasty tactics to advance the political warfare, the Republicans have been asleep at the wheel.
This has been simmering since the Bush days, and the proverbial chickens have come home to roost.

To use a Star Wars analogy.......you can be part of the Rebel Alliance, or, choose to be overcome by the galactic Empire.

I'll be on the side of the Rebels. A proud ultra MAGA, and Trumplican.

Streiff's latest update on the war from RedState. As usual, I am confident that those who would most benefit will not read it. That confirmation bias thing is so alluring. This was published before tonight's terror attack. One can only wonder how the real confidence in the dictator's ability is being assessed by the silent and fearful in Russia.

The problem is that the USA has a very progressive tax system where the top 10% pay 70.6% of taxes. Those taxes are not enough to fund the government completely.

Increasing taxes on that 10% enough so that everything is paid for would kill the economy.

Tax revenue has to come from everyone, just not the top 10%.

Solution, which unfortunately would never pass, is a National Sales Tax where everyone contributes as they spend their money.

And no, there is not a $3.5 Trillion of waste each year.
Agreed!

Everyone is a consumer! NOT everyone is a producer!

Welfare. The reward you get for being unproductive!

Income Tax. The fine you pay for being productive!

—————

I have a sign stating this in my front office. We have someone every now and then that will get upset by it. But they really get pissed off when I tell them to use the door.

Golly gee whiz.

Only 1012 pages long. I guess they will have to pass the bill to see what's in it.

Party leaders still want $95 billion for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan.
Meanwhile, the war at our southern border remains to be ignored.

$380,000,000 for enhanced border security for Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon

page 126....

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24490733-bill-text-of-12-trillion-government-funding-package

Golly gee whiz.

Only 1012 pages long. I guess they will have to pass the bill to see what's in it.

Party leaders still want $95 billion for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan.
Meanwhile, the war at our southern border remains to be ignored.

Yep Crazy!

And to think that some people set here and cry about Ukraine not getting enough funding fast enough and how their blood is on congress’s hands.

What about the blood of the US citizens with the open border? What has already been shed by the illegals and what will be shed in the future by the terror groups and gangs they have let in. Just a matter of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia