Politics

One less evil wart on the ass of society. Self inflicted gun shot is a big savings for the taxpayer.
Many families hurting right now. All caused by someone who slipped thru the cracks of the mental health & law enforcement system.

Mass shooter found dead, self inflicted gunshot,now let the assault on our freedoms and rights begin.
I don't want/like the type of freedom where lunatics have easy access to weapons and killing our innocent citizens.
If we don't draw the line somewhere our rights and freedom will be seriously jeopardized because of a huge lash back..
We need a serious vetting process and a background check.
Current system is not working.

I don't want/like the type of freedom where lunatics have easy access to weapons and killing our innocent citizens.
If we don't draw the line somewhere our rights and freedom will be seriously jeopardized because of a huge lash back..
I understand your point, but the system failed and no amount of legislation will change that until people start doing their freaking jobs.

Maybe there will be hope for America yet....he will face an onslaught.....won't get everything we believe in or want, but just maybe we have a Leader! I send prayers of support for this man, his family, and all those who love and believe in our country.

The part that isn't working is the mental health system which is aided/abetted by the entire country being subjected to doom & gloom Democrats. I feel badly for Mr Card. I'm sure that had he received adequate treatment the crisis would have been avoided and a few years down the road he would have looked back on the events leading up to his actions and sighed in relief that good therapy had prevented him from going over the edge.

The part that isn't working is the mental health system which is aided/abetted by the entire country being subjected to doom & gloom Democrats. I feel badly for Mr Card. I'm sure that had he received adequate treatment the crisis would have been avoided and a few years down the road he would have looked back on the events leading up to his actions and sighed in relief that good therapy had prevented him from going over the edge.
My question is who in the "system" fell down on doing their job properly?

The problem is more than one person. the problem starts with a society that devalues people. Promoting the killing of pre-born infants, farming out elderly; incentives to single parent households- the result is a sick society which removes motivation to seek a better life. People will have experiences that if left untreated can lead to unacceptable results as just happened with Mr Card. He had been receiving treatment but evidently someone was too busy to notice the severity of his situation. So the accumulation of environment and lack of crucial input resulted in a system failure.

Unfortunately this seems to be common across much of the world. Nowhere near enough funding for mental health. Time and again I've seen cases where people have either self reported to a hospital, or been referred by police, only to be discharged a 24 hours later because there's no capacity/bed availability. We also suffer from the PC push to have people with severe mental health issues treated in the community rather than being in a proper treatment institution. The reality is that some people are a danger to themselves and the community.

Thanks @375 Ruger Fan !

This 45 minute interview posted by @375 Ruger Fan with our new Speaker of the House is worth watching. Speaker Johnson has a humble confidence and deep belief in our American dream!

I perceive in him the ability to bring both political parties together to find the best compromises. That is if both sides of the congressional aisle will quite acting like spoiled children!

Nobody, no group gets everything they want in politics.
Let's hope the Speaker can bring the elected children together to get what is overall best for the United States and the free world.

Last edited:
@Weshteltonj, @375 Ruger Fan , well my friends, this was a long time ago, and it was a conquest, but it was never a genocide, as some claim.

Just walk down the street in Mexico, or any other city in Central or South America (except Buenos Aires), most of the people around you will be either full blooded indians or mixed blood.

Now, should we go into statistics and compare different countries ?

I don´t think so, let´s just live it here.

@Weshteltonj, @375 Ruger Fan , well my friends, this was a long time ago, and it was a conquest, but it was never a genocide, as some claim.

Just walk down the street in Mexico, or any other city in Central or South America (except Buenos Aires), most of the people around you will be either full blooded indians or mixed blood.

Now, should we go into statistics and compare different countries ?

I don´t think so, let´s just live it here.
No need to compare anything and waste time because even historians can't agree on some of the subjects.
However all the conquering, invading, colonizing powers be it Muslims or Christians committed atrocities against native populations. There's no need to be righteous about that.

Thanks @375 Ruger Fan !

This 45 minute interview posted by @375 Ruger Fan with our new Speaker of the House is worth watching. Speaker Johnson has a humble confidence and deep belief in our American dream!

I perceive in him the ability to bring both political parties together to find the best compromises. That is if both sides of the congressional aisle will quite acting like spoiled children!

Nobody, no group gets everything they want in politics.
Let's hope the Speaker can bring the elected children together to get what is overall best for the United States and the free world.
We will see. It is one of those jobs where it is impossible to hide or simply applaud from the sidelines. His "personal beliefs" are what made him so attractive to the more conservative elements of the party. His official positions based upon settled law (marriage and abortion are two) will put him in conflict with that same group.

He clearly is also restructuring his perceived opposition to the war in Ukraine to one of the need for accountability of what is provided. That, of course is a very different position than the one assumed by neo-isolationist wing of the party.

I have to presume he knows that the vast majority of the money going to the evil military industrial complex supporting Ukraine stays in the US and is strictly managed under existing federal and corporate accounting structures. That money means jobs, technical research and development, etc. all of which is good for the US economy.

I do suspect that funds supporting State Department initiatives could perhaps benefit from additional oversight because much of it is actually deployed to Ukraine. Then again, that could be my DOD prejudice.

We will soon learn if the critical support of this nation's national interests or political expediency is most important to him should Trump vocally oppose the funding request for Ukraine.

I found the interview hopeful. He has three enormous challenges. His majority is indeed razor thin. He therefore can not even afford to take an ethically principled position with respect to Rep George Santos. Secondly, he has Matt Gaetz's Sword of Damocles hanging over his head for the foreseeable future. Finally, he has the scorched earth expectations of the Trump base to balance against the necessity of trying to find some across aisle support to get anything meaningful done. I wish him well.

Last edited:
Problem is that "the serious vetting process and background check" check becomes onerous while not doing much to curb the lunatics.

I live in CA, it is burdensome to even buy ammo. Can't buy most handguns manufactured in the recent decade or so. Limited to one handgun or long gun a month. Now, they added an additional excise tax to purchases as well. All to discourage law abiding citizens.

It has not helped crime or mass shootings.

If someone is mentally imbalanced or becomes so after buying firearms, how do you detect that? Yearly permit to owning firearms with psychological evaluation at renewal? I don't think that would work or be legal.

It looks as though Israel has preempted a softening of support by starting its ground operations

I do believe the genie is now well and truly out of the bottle

The world will divide along the fault lines of cultural, national and strategic interests

Those fissures will be seen within nation states as the great multicultural experiment rapidly unwinds

It will also be seen within NATO
(Erdogen)

This will rapidly depart from a humanitarian issue to a global strategic one

(I suspect that the Palestinians were the sacrificial lambs in a sophisticated strategic play by those nations now being collectively referred to as the ‘new axis of evil’)

Israel is an absolutely vital western ally in the Middle East and wider afield

If it falls, I suspect the west won’t be far behind

Just my views as a layman

I suspect we are in for an ‘interesting’ few weeks as the pieces on the chessboard move - revealing true allegiances and interests

Thoughts?

Problem is that "the serious vetting process and background check" check becomes onerous while not doing much to curb the lunatics.

I live in CA, it is burdensome to even buy ammo. Can't buy most handguns manufactured in the recent decade or so. Limited to one handgun or long gun a month. Now, they added an additional excise tax to purchases as well. All to discourage law abiding citizens.

It has not helped crime or mass shootings.

If someone is mentally imbalanced or becomes so after buying firearms, how do you detect that? Yearly permit to owning firearms with psychological evaluation at renewal? I don't think that would work or be legal.
In the 80's when I was going to college in CA I bought a handgun just showing my drivers license and waited 7 days to pick it up. There was a cooling period.
Some time ago our son was stationed in Camp Pendleton, CA and he couldn't even bring some of his personal guns and high capacity magazines so he had to leave them with us.
I know how ridiculous CA is.
I don't have an answer to how to prevent mass shootings but a through background check and vetting process won't hurt anyone and might be a good start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxat90708

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia