Politics

Read an article that the U.S is going to start underground testing in the Nevada desert,of the aging nuclear stockpile, without explosions.
Nuclear detonation testing was banned in 1992.

My understanding is that atmospheric, space and underwater is what is banned by treaty. Underground testing is still permitted. That the US has not tested since 1992 is an artifact of policy, not law. While we did sign the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty in 1996, it has not yet entered into force because 2 of the 8 countries involved have never signed it, India and Pakistan.

People say Biden’s policies are destroying the USA, they are indeed, but they aren’t his policies, he couldn’t make one if he tried. It is plainly the far left and greens feeding through a mush of all sorts of their wish list items. Some of it could be slightly sensible if enacted over ten or twenty years, but they tried to ram it through their puppet in two years because that is what they had. The result of course is a huge mess that common sense just can’t reconcile with and is now rebelling against. Ironically, what is now needed is not a ram-rod drastic swing to the other side, but a smooth, steady steering correction. A strong, sensible, steady leader who quietly puts it all right, because it will need everyone to be on board to fix this. Pendulum swings are hugely wasteful and even the massively powerful USA can’t afford it.
Unfortunately with the US so polarized I don’t think we will elect that type of leader you described.

Well, if they polled third generation LEGAL hispanics--like my wife, or those she knows all the way to the Rio Grande, they might be shocked. The ones who came legally are MAD about all that is given to the illegals, when average citizens get nada.
Same would go for my H2A farm workers. They don’t like all of the illegals either.

My understanding is that atmospheric, space and underwater is what is banned by treaty. Underground testing is still permitted. That the US has not tested since 1992 is an artifact of policy, not law. While we did sign the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty in 1996, it has not yet entered into force because 2 of the 8 countries involved have never signed it, India and Pakistan.

Well I was incorrect. The U.S. has not signed the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. We are one of 8 required signatories that have not signed since it was opened for signature in 1996. The U.S.Senate failed to ratify the treaty in 1999. Essentially we are following the provision to prohibit “any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion” anywhere in the world as a matter of policy.

There is a very good summary of the treaty and it’s status by the Arms Control Association at https://www.armscontrol.org/factshe...y was opened for,Egypt, and the United States.

A bit off topic, but apparently Hamas has launched a major ground attack across southern Israel and rocket attacks deeper into the country. They have also overrun an Israeli military base, taking quite a few Israeli military personnel prisoner - guaranteed to be a hostage issue eventually. Thus far, Israel has also lost several Merkava tanks. The Hamas fighters seem to be indiscriminately ambushing and killing civilians as much as Israeli military forces. My sense is that surprise was pretty much complete. That said, I am confident that the Palestinians have again sown the wind.

There is quite a bit of graphic footage over on the Reddit "Combat Footage" Sub that I won't post here.

1696686355903.png

A bit off topic, but apparently Hamas has launched a major ground attack across southern Israel and rocket attacks deeper into the country. They have also overrun an Israeli military base, taking quite a few Israeli military personnel prisoner - guaranteed to be a hostage issue eventually. Thus far, Israel has also lost several Merkava tanks. The Hamas fighters seem to be indiscriminately ambushing and killing civilians as much as Israeli military forces. My sense is that surprise was pretty much complete. That said, I am confident that the Palestinians have again sown the wind.

There is quite a bit of graphic footage over on the Reddit "Combat Footage" Sub that I won't post here.
(1) the footage has been removed
(2) glad I was in Israel and the West Bank (Palestine) this summer and not now.
(3) Gaza going to be taking a few bombs

What I think is also almost certain are Israeli strikes against the Iranian leadership. Hamas is a Shia organization as is Iran. They are behind all of this. Timing was because of the Israeli Saudi negotiations, who are Sunni, that are close to an agreement.

What I think is also almost certain are Israeli strikes against the Iranian leadership. Hamas is a Shia organization as is Iran. They are behind all of this. Timing was because of the Israeli Saudi negotiations, who are Sunni, that are close to an agreement.

Hmm, Saudi's and Isreali's putting their differences aside and becoming united against the Iranians and Sunni's. If that happens, this attack would seem to be out of Putin's playbook.

On newsfeed mornings like these, I ask myself if this is will all blow over quickly and is a nothingburger?

Or is it a nothingburger like some nobody archduke in Serbia getting assassinated?

That, and the recent addition of 6 billion dollars into Irans coffers.

On newsfeed mornings like these, I ask myself if this is will all blow over quickly and is a nothingburger?

Or is it a nothingburger like some nobody archduke in Serbia getting assassinated?

Thats what I was pondering as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia