Politics

As I understand it, there are 26 States where a convicted felon can not be on the ballot. If Trump is convicted on one of these charges, even if it is under appeal, does that not effectively mean that he cannot run as the nominee?
Not 100% on this but it would only apply to state offices. Not a federal election. But it’s been a long time since government/ civics class.

Reactions: WAB
It’s Paragraph 3 of the 14th amendment that is the issue for him. It will depend on what exactly he is convicted of…

Image1692757376.150829.jpg

It’s Paragraph 3 of the 14th amendment that is the issue for him. It will depend on what exactly he is convicted of…

Good point.

When the 14th Amendment was written post Civil War, Congress specifically chose not to include President and Vice President in the language, so a member of the Confederate Army could serve as President and Vice President. I don't believe any were ever elected from the south that served in the Confederacy.

The language insurrection and rebellion are purposefully vague in the Amendment.

Would a conviction of insurrection be argued as an exclusion to be President. Absolutely. It will be a busy time in the Courts the next 15 months. Probably more like 17.

Good point.

When the 14th Amendment was written post Civil War, Congress specifically chose not to include President and Vice President in the language, so a member of the Confederate Army could serve as President and Vice President. I don't believe any were ever elected from the south that served in the Confederacy.

The language insurrection and rebellion are purposefully vague in the Amendment.

Would a conviction of insurrection be argued as an exclusion to be President. Absolutely. It will be a busy time in the Courts the next 15 months. Probably more like 17.
Yes sir it will. Lots of balls in the air....

It’s all a good and well debate but we all know Trump should not be president. So, who is our guy? What is the path to winning? I would like us to get our kids back to a world that is rational and rewards the pursuit of exceptionalism (hard work).

It’s all a good and well debate but we all know Trump should not be president. So, who is our guy? What is the path to winning? I would like us to get our kids back to a world that is rational and rewards the pursuit of exceptionalism (hard work).
That is the inextricable question....

Right now it seems like just more chaos for the foreseeable future.....

It seems to me like Trump is talking more sense these days, less aggression. Whether it is genuine, and consequential I don’t know. It remains to be seen whether the damage already done it too much to recover from. If he starts behaving and talking sense, and Biden continues to do more and more stupid stuff he may just pull off the win.

Interesting comment by the Russian journalist to the BBC one....

BBC News - Brics summit: How China's and Russia's clout is growing in Africa
A snake's den of wealthy elitists with a few dictators (more or less) in the mix rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic before they take their respective country's economy down with them. Some already have.

Last edited:
I'm far from a Trump Club member, but I'd really like to see him win the '24 Presidency for 2 reasons. 1) he is a MUCH preferable candidate to Biden or almost anyone the Dems would want to run. 2) if he wins, it will complete his 2nd term and we can get him out of the future campaigns to make way for better candidates.

Of course, the best case would be to get a real GOP candidate to win the primaries and set up for a full 2-term run. But, especially given Trumps history and personality, I fear he will try to run as independent if he's not the GOP choice in '24, and would likely go again in '30 (unless his health/age actually prevent him from doing so). Given the Trump loyalists, this would split the GOP vote and hand the Democraps one or two more terms.

It's terrible that this once great country is stuck in such a position where we are choosing from "the lesser of two evils" at each election.

1692787614162.jpeg

1692787644364.jpeg

There are rare moments in life when the stars align and all the competing factions want the very same outcome. We are experiencing that special moment now.

The Trumpers - Want Trump to be the nominee.
The Democrats - Want Trump to be the nominee.
The Media - Wants Trump to be the nominee.
The Radical Left - Wants Trump to be the nominee.
Joe Biden - Wants Trump to be the nominee.

The only nuance in all of this is that only one of the above wants Trump to be president. All the others believe it will make good theater, or that he is beatable in a general election, or that it will set back conservatism 25 years, or that Trump will destroy all the other Republicans before he implodes, or that he'll go to jail before he wins a general election.

Generally in life, when everyone is unified in wanting something, I tug the opposite direction with all my might.

Karl Marx would be proud. Those that are well-off are an easy target. Heck, many Trumpies love Trump because he "will stand against the swamp". You can't get swampier than a real estate developer in NYC. It is amazing how he can make the working class people feel hat they can relate to him.
I took the reference to the rich men being politicians.
The response to this song called "Rich Men Earning North of a Million" by Billy Bragg is full frontal Marxism. Evidently the Marxist didn't appreciate this tune by Oliver Anthony either.

We have another great example of Biden administration over reach. This morning they announced new regulations for vessels traveling in the northern Gulf of Mexico. They are wanting to restrict travel south of the 100 fathom curve to protect the Rices whale. They are restricting a maximum speed of 10 knots and NO travel between sunset and sunrise. These regulations will greatly effect off shore oil/gas production and a major blow to our offshore fishing industry.

We have another great example of Biden administration over reach. This morning they announced new regulations for vessels traveling in the northern Gulf of Mexico. They are wanting to restrict travel south of the 100 fathom curve to protect the Rices whale. They are restricting a maximum speed of 10 knots and NO travel between sunset and sunrise. These regulations will greatly effect off shore oil/gas production and a major blow to our offshore fishing industry.
While I am against such legislation, I don't see how this will impact oil/gas operations. The speed restriction is for the Florida panhandle area, where no production exists. it will most likley impact fisherman.

While I am against such legislation, I don't see how this will impact oil/gas operations. The speed restriction is for the Florida panhandle area, where no production exists. it will most likley impact fisherman.
From what I understood listening to our congressman this morning it will be a line due south of Dauphin island Alabama to the east, plenty of rigs south of Alabama. Also will effect shipping coming into the port of Mobile and cruise ships coming into Mobile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrishSeris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia