Brown bear hunting is open in Romania after 8 years!

From the beginning I would like to say that government impose a size limit for export. The limit is 400 CIC points with a tolerance of 5%. If the trophy is bigger is not exportable. We have profesional guides to avoid this issue.
Hold up! If you shoot one too big you cannot export it????? Is Romania run by Californian politicians?

following with interest!

After an 8yr hiatus, would you expect to encounter bears much larger than the recent average?
Have biologists and those taking note said anything about bear sizes?
Of course, maybe more bears could also mean less food to feed them all so maybe just the opposite effect.

@HUNTROMANIA,
where do you hunt and in which region?
Bear encounters are always possible in the Carpathians, but to offer both specifically?
It must be a coincidence, and of course there is one.
The red deer always demanded everything from us during the rut.
Getting up at 4.30 every day. A long lunch break and then falling into bed late at night as if dead.
There was never time for anything else.

@Huvius
large bears already existed before the hunting ban and not so less
I'm sure you're thinking of reduced growth due to stress, similar to our situation when the cervid population is too high, I don't know, but I don't think that's the case with bears there, where there are plenty of big things.The carpathian mountains are huge.

Its a wonderful area.

Last edited:
I hunted in most of the areas in Romania. When the bear and wolf hunting was allowed I offered in 14 days of hunting all the species. ( bear, wolf, red stag, fallow stag, Carpathian chamois , roebuck and wild boar) with 100% success rate.
Is very exciting to have the license for bear when you are hunting red stag. In some days we saw more bears than stags. In the last years bears lost the natural fear against humans. They become agresive. Stalking for a red stag in the rut in area where are many bears is not very comfortable. Even in a case of self defence the hunter will lose the gun and gun license until the prosecutor will decide was self defence. This can take time and you can loose the entire hunting season.

then you are probably often in the Retezat and Fagaras area
I am always on the other side - Hargita and sometimes west of Bacau.
Always 100% ? Respect

Last edited:
Hello Marius, looking forward to this information.

Marius,

I am very interested in bear and stag combination.

Please let me know when you have the details worked out.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anton12345