Mozambique Pictures

IMG-20150806-WA0026.jpg

Fixing river crossings.
IMG-20150806-WA0023.jpg

Simon how is the new prices for the Land Cruiser in Moz, or do you buy them from RSA ?
Zambia is extremely expensive, got a offer two weeks ago from Toyota Zambia : $85,000 for a new J79 double cab....:mad::mad::mad:... perhaps we will try L-R Defender again... but I'm not sure ???

You right on prices of landcruisers, you looking at about 55000$ for the single cab, double cab about 68000$ in South Africa. All my landcruisers are registered in SA, bit of a bitch, as I have to take them out of Mozambique every 30 days. So we do a trip a month to Malawi. I looked at defenders, just don't have any spares in our area for them.

On the one we use every day, I took off the towbar and had something modified, hate it when they catch and scrap going through ditches.....that sounds goes all the way through my bones.

@buffybr , game on, pictures from last night, sorry unclear, they had to send via whatsapp...
IMG-20150807-WA0029.jpg

Sorry pics unclear, they don't have a cord to load onto phone from SD card.

Sorry pics unclear, they don't have a cord to load onto phone from SD card.

Can't they make a cord out of vine or something??? :ROFLMAO::LOL::p

They just downing their celebration beers, then will make a cord from empty cans...:D Beers::D Beers:

Poor Johnny, he's got to wait another 28 days, in a flash you will be here.

Holly smokes Simon excellent cat!!!!!!!!!! You've still got at least two others on bait right now don't you.

@gizmo , yes we have altogether 3 on baits. Tjoppa saw a bunch of excellent sable bulls yesterday. Loads of elephant activity.

TMS, you are obviously doing a ton of work on your area. I am wondering what you plan is. I understand Moz has lost a lot of wildlife in the past. Are you working towards having it restocked or are you only able to cultivate the animals that are already there? How long a project is this for you? I ask because what you are doing seems to be a monumental task! And, I am curious how you see this developing over the next decade.

Pheroze, very interesting question. My first 3 years was a trial period for the area, after I showed the benefit of making the area a hunting area, the govt made it into an official coutada. After the 3 years to my shock, they put the area on an open tender, after all the development etc, we did manage to win the tender, 20 year contract, so basically have had the area 7 years. Moz did lose a lot of game, but not all areas were hit as hard as others. In the beginning if we saw 20 sable in 2 weeks it was a lot, now we have plenty of different herds, some herds are close to 200. The game numbers have grown really well every year. The elephant numbers have really climbed. This can be because they feel safer on our area away from the bad poaching. We have got a good relationship with the locals and they give us a lot of support. At present the outside world is our biggest enemy, US F&W and the EU. Not being able to export our elephant to these countries really hurts us financially, as elephant is our main income. I hope over the next ten years, they will see the benefit of elephant hunting.

Such a huge challenge you face. Also a real risk! Besides Sable do you have herds of other plains game? I think buffalo are on you coutada too? Can these species help with your efforts?

Major risk. We don't have enough buffalo, I have seen buff 3 times, do all my buffalo down in the Delta. Other species, lion, leopard, eland, kudu, waterbuck, common reedbuck, bohors reedbuck, bushbuck, bushpig, crocodile, warthog, lots of the smaller stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinWnf1

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]