Jim Green Boots Report

OK I have the buff hide ones and the tan/light brown sort of suede type ones....my buff ones take a hammering and stood up so far...the other ones just use for driving to and from ranch....I don't think they are robust enough to take what my buff ones have done...as I think said on another thread about boots I got a big blister first time I wore them properly...found the inner sole part wasn't flush with the heel and there was a ridge...I used rounded end of my Swiss army knife to smooth it down...after that no problems... ( never had any issues like that with any of my Courtneys from new)..but as I said also in the other thread I don't like the steel shank imbedded in the sole....even our flat ground has humps where grass clumps grow and rest is not exactly smooth and I can feel the shank pushing into the ball of my foot....makes them ache sometimes....only thing that pisses me off about them...otherwise great boot...keep meaning to ask them if they can make without the shank

I have found that both those brands need an inside cushion sole for all day walking. However I do agree that Mr green makes a good shoe for the money.

Get some of the lightweight hiking socks with thicker sole...work great...like inbuilt cushions :E Big Grin:

I bought a pair of Jim Greens in May this year. The beginning of September, my soles came loose. I contacted them and they agreed to repair for free. They were couriered and a month later I had to remind them of my shoes. They sent me a pair back - NOT my shoes! They sent a courier to collect and MY shoes arrived last week, resoled.
It took some hassle and frustration, but I'm happy now.
IMG20240910092832.jpg

Funny enough, I also wore Courteneys every day, sent 3 pairs in for refurb and bought 2 pairs of Jim Green Rangers (1 x normal, 1 x buffalo).

Nothing wrong with them, but I am missing my Courteneys. If you want a buffalo leather, no one can work that better than Courteney.
Where did you send for refurbishment ? The factory I’m surmising. I’ve a pair in need of the same. The leather has cracked across behind the toe box (?) in places.

Where did you send for refurbishment ? The factory I’m surmising. I’ve a pair in need of the same. The leather has cracked across behind the toe box (?) in places.

Yes you send them to the factory. From South Africa we send them to Beitbridge in Limpopo province and they pick them up once a month and courier back. Email Gail or Sharron at Courtney and they will assist you with the entire process.

If its same place as my last pair did...where the crease is as your foot bends ?...mine cracked at each end tiny bit up from the sole....sods law a small burning ember managed to jump directly into one of the cracks....did a bit of jumping around till it stopped ...Nice hole in my sock when took it off...that's when I decided they needed replacing....I wouldn't have thought that could be repaired as would basically need a whole new top...but who knows.....did show my previous pair to Gail many years ago at sci ....she said no way...stop being a cheapskate and buy a new pair....had to agree with her as they were pretty buggered.... :E Big Grin:

Jip. Straight to the Factory. They have an SA address where we can send to.

I bought a pair of Jim Greens in May this year. The beginning of September, my soles came loose. I contacted them and they agreed to repair for free. They were couriered and a month later I had to remind them of my shoes. They sent me a pair back - NOT my shoes! They sent a courier to collect and MY shoes arrived last week, resoled.
It took some hassle and frustration, but I'm happy now.View attachment 640384

Which ones are they...the ranger ? On my buff ones there is a very small gap that's appeared on the toe....keep hoping doesn't grow

If its same place as my last pair did...where the crease is as your foot bends ?...mine cracked at each end tiny bit up from the sole....sods law a small burning ember managed to jump directly into one of the cracks....did a bit of jumping around till it stopped ...Nice hole in my sock when took it off...that's when I decided they needed replacing....I wouldn't have thought that could be repaired as would basically need a whole new top...but who knows.....did show my previous pair to Gail many years ago at sci ....she said no way...stop being a cheapskate and buy a new pair....had to agree with her as they were pretty buggered.... :E Big Grin:
Wow everyone. Good thread. I love my comfort and lightness. I don’t have enough miles on them yet to see where they are weak. Thanks to all of you I will know where to look if trouble arises

It took some hassle and frustration, but I'm happy now.View attachment 640384

I had this problem repeatedly with Russell’s. I finally gave up on them and stick with Courteney’s.

Wow everyone. Good thread. I love my comfort and lightness. I don’t have enough miles on them yet to see where they are weak. Thanks to all of you I will know where to look if trouble arises

That was on the courtneys.....no cracks yet on the JG ones....but need to give them some tlc with ton of boot polish soon

I have switched to Jim Green Rangers as well. I have tried every Courteney model and they all are way too wide causing my foot to slide around even with 2 pairs of socks resulting in blisters. I have a wide foot but the Courteneys are too wide for me. The Rangers with an insole have been perfect after 100's and 100's of miles and three safaris. I just wish they were as attractive as the Courteneys.

I have switched to Jim Green Rangers as well. I have tried every Courteney model and they all are way too wide causing my foot to slide around even with 2 pairs of socks resulting in blisters. I have a wide foot but the Courteneys are too wide for me. The Rangers with an insole have been perfect after 100's and 100's of miles and three safaris. I just wish they were as attractive as the Courteneys.

I'm concerned this may be the case for me as well. I don't have a very wide foot and I don't want any slop with the JG's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pgsharpp

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!