Jim Green Boots Report

OK I have the buff hide ones and the tan/light brown sort of suede type ones....my buff ones take a hammering and stood up so far...the other ones just use for driving to and from ranch....I don't think they are robust enough to take what my buff ones have done...as I think said on another thread about boots I got a big blister first time I wore them properly...found the inner sole part wasn't flush with the heel and there was a ridge...I used rounded end of my Swiss army knife to smooth it down...after that no problems... ( never had any issues like that with any of my Courtneys from new)..but as I said also in the other thread I don't like the steel shank imbedded in the sole....even our flat ground has humps where grass clumps grow and rest is not exactly smooth and I can feel the shank pushing into the ball of my foot....makes them ache sometimes....only thing that pisses me off about them...otherwise great boot...keep meaning to ask them if they can make without the shank

I have found that both those brands need an inside cushion sole for all day walking. However I do agree that Mr green makes a good shoe for the money.

Get some of the lightweight hiking socks with thicker sole...work great...like inbuilt cushions :E Big Grin:

I bought a pair of Jim Greens in May this year. The beginning of September, my soles came loose. I contacted them and they agreed to repair for free. They were couriered and a month later I had to remind them of my shoes. They sent me a pair back - NOT my shoes! They sent a courier to collect and MY shoes arrived last week, resoled.
It took some hassle and frustration, but I'm happy now.
IMG20240910092832.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joysercasa

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!