Infections on the Rise, Johannesburg Mayor Dies: Virus Update

Conspiracy theories abound, never was a moon landing, elvis isn't dead, Paul Mccartney died when he was young, etc. ect.

Conspiracy theories abound, never was a moon landing, elvis isn't dead, Paul Mccartney died when he was young, etc. ect.
So you believe the WHO's report and World Governments statements on where Covid came from????

MB

I had shot 1 a week ago zero side effects and no horn growth noticed yet....who knows maybe I am doomed but I will take my chances....

So you believe the WHO's report and World Governments statements on where Covid came from????

MB
For me, no I don’t believe the WHO report as the investigation was not a real investigation. Even the liberal media and 60 Minutes has come around on this. I don’t have the knowledge to know but my GUESS is it came from the China lab. But even if it did, what does that have to do with the Moderna vaccine I took??

I’m sorry but I don’t think the scientists that developed the vaccines and my doctor advising me to take it are irresponsible people pushing a dangerous product. I believe they are trying to help us. What would be another LOGICAL reason that my doctor would advise me to get vaccinated? I know he has also been vaccinated. I’ve known him for 30 years and he delivered our twins 25 years ago. I know he’s not a liberal or control freak. Same for one of my doctor clients. We have hunted together many times in CO and once in Zimbabwe. Neither of them are part of some grand conspiracy!!! Do some people just doubt everyone now? Is that what we’ve become? Wow.

I'm going to try to get another Phizer shot, a DIY type of booster

Sorry @Newboomer but we are adventurers on this forum. Unafraid of things like this hence the reason so many of us travel the world to harsh places. If we let a cold bug keep us home we would simply not be who we are.

Very interesting point. I suspect that more ivory hunters died of disease than from dangerous game encounters.

Based upon pretty clear evidence the virus came from Wuhan China . Since the world renowned coronavirus researcher known as the “Bat Lady “ is in a lab run by China in Wuhan , it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to connect the dots. Whether China released the virus or it escaped the lab is uncertain but I don’t trust the Chinese . Damn democracy is a messy business. A tinfoil hat might be easier !

The political divide on Covid just shows how many folks are controlled by the media they consume, or fed. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle:
  • The virus likely originated from the Wuhan Lab - I doubt it was released on purpose
  • If your under 55, and in good heath, the statistics are highly unlikely of dying
  • If your older or in poor health, then you should isolate. It's not my responsibility to isolate for you
  • Masks likely help but are not a cure all. I never saw it as a huge hassle to wear one to the grocery store. On the other end, some idiots enjoy them - wearing them alone in a car or when hiking???
  • The vaccine is effective and not a conspiracy. The chances of complications are extremely remote.
  • Why do so many vaccinated people care so much about others choosing not too. Your vaccinated, so your safe from serious illness.
  • The world will never be able to vaccinate 8 Billion people at the same time, variants will continue to emerge. Covid is here to stay.
  • It is not in the virus's interest to kill. The virus will mutate to become less lethal. In ~10 years it will be like the flu or common cold.

From what I have seen Alcoa makes the best hat material for the “the vaccine will kill us all!” crowd. It is very durable and can only be penetrated by an internet digit. One does have to be careful wearing one outside during a thunderstorm. :A Stirring:
While amusing, I am pretty darn sure that no one here said anything about the vaccine killing us all. I know I dont believe that, and probably only a handful of looneytunes do.
I also believe that as individuals we have a choice about this just like we have choices about most everything. Its called freedom of choice, you do what you want, I will do what I want.
Those of you vaccinated already, cool, good on ya, hope you do well and dont have any side effects and some do get side effects and some have died from those side effects.
Part of what most dont talk about is personal risk level. What is ones lifestyle?
Party boy, around lots of strange folks often, traveling some or much? Yeah, better get vac'd and keep on getting vac'd as new strains arise weekly as they seem to be doing. I fear its here to stay and once they get this vaccine sorted out and fully approved by all concerned I may actually get vac'd, but I dont like the idea of taking part in an experimental drug testing program, and thats exactly what this is at this point.
If on the other hand you live what I consider a low risk lifestyle, not around lots of other folks, wear a mask when appropriate, keep hands clean, SD as needed etc., then as I see there really isnt that great a need for the shots, low exposure. Does a guy living in the mountains, breathing free and fresh air all the time need to get vac'd? No. It would be stupid.
What I do find a bit tiresome is the pontificating by some saying, "just do it, I did, everyone needs to, do it for everyone else, take one for the team etc.". This is just not so and its ignorant. It seems like an attempt to justify taking the shots themselves, if they can spout how everyone should, as if unsure of their own decision: looking for validation.
Hey, you got the shot, carry on, you're safe now right? Dont worry about what others do or dont do, none of your business, you got the shot. But dont feel the need to convince others that they need to get the shot, maybe they dont.
Herd immunity is just around the corner. Or maybe it isnt, it is what it is. Time will tell.

This is getting off on quite a tangent in a hurry. At the end of the day, who cares where the virus came from. I also dont hold anyone's personal choices against them until they start telling me what mine should be. We could go on for decades about the conflicting info on this situation.

IMO, at this point, the summary is: An effective vaccine prevents the vast majority of infections. If the vaccine works and you choose to take it for whatever reason, why does it matter what other people do?

Now let's get back to crossing all our fingers and toes that restrictions get lifted, this whole thing goes the hell away for everyones sake, and we can all hunt Africa

Sure looks like total chaos now. Twitter feed to keep up to date. RIOT & ATTACK info South Africa
@RiotAndAttackSA
Stay safe

This is getting off on quite a tangent in a hurry. At the end of the day, who cares where the virus came from. I also dont hold anyone's personal choices against them until they start telling me what mine should be. We could go on for decades about the conflicting info on this situation.

IMO, at this point, the summary is: An effective vaccine prevents the vast majority of infections. If the vaccine works and you choose to take it for whatever reason, why does it matter what other people do?

Now let's get back to crossing all our fingers and toes that restrictions get lifted, this whole thing goes the hell away for everyones sake, and we can all hunt Africa
"I also dont hold anyone's personal choices against them until they start telling me what mine should be. " Boom, love it - totally true

Connecting through JNB to Windhoek tomorrow. Should be exciting.

Liam375. Would like to hear some feedback on your passing thru JNB to Windhoek. Hope no exciting activity on your trip thru JNB.. also if you are connecting airlink with firearm, how smooth is it?

I find it interesting that there were those who said that everybody that died were being labeled as dying from covid. Now there saying that any old coot that got vaccinated and later died the vaccine killed him. It will be over with when the unvaccinated get sick and the sooner the better or may drag on for years.

I find it interesting that there were those who said that everybody that died were being labeled as dying from covid. Now there saying that any old coot that got vaccinated and later died the vaccine killed him. It will be over with when the unvaccinated get sick and the sooner the better or may drag on for years.
Since you're casting stones...I'm 99% sure I had covid (was hunting staying in my RV so no point in getting tested, but never lost my smell before), it was like a bad cold for 4 or 5 days except for the smell which lasted a while. Why would I get a vaccine, let alone all the controversy associated, if that's the worst alternative?

Im not saying that it hasnt been or wont be a serious issue for some people, but that goes for any illness. For ME, the vaccine makes zero sense and IF it works than even the highest risk folks shouldnt give a crap what my choice is for my risks. Period.

BTW: differing opinions shouldnt be a good enough reason to wish ill on others, especially when your solution supposedly protects you fully. Just saying...

Hellava thing to say.

Only get herd immunity if enough get sick or vaccinated. Probably not that much risk in any of it. May if been somewhat blunt but feel I'm right.

SPANISH FLU IN 1918 CLAIMED AN EST 675,000 IN THE US, POPULATION WAS 103MILLION
WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW VIRUSES EXISTED, NO VACCINE. WE HAVE LOST NEARLY 650,00 BUT POPULATION IS IN EXCESS OF 300 MILLION!
AND DR FAUCI HAS LIED MULTIPLE TIMES THAT NATURAL IMMUNITY "WON'T STOP A VIRAL PANDEMIC"
I LOST A 3YO AUNT AND A5YO UNCLE TO IT THAT I NEVER KNEW!
THE MAN WHO LEADS OUR NIH CAN'T TELL THE TRUTH

Only get herd immunity if enough get sick or vaccinated. Probably not that much risk in any of it. May if been somewhat blunt but feel I'm right.
Technically that may be correct, but what you said is a bit different. You said "when the unvaccinated get sick and the sooner the better". Has a bit different sound to it doesnt it?
Blunt is fine, what you said is not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinjo

Latest profile posts

Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt