Infections on the Rise, Johannesburg Mayor Dies: Virus Update

Well N2 Highway to Hluhluwe has been closed for 2 days....have a truck stuck in Pongola...only been able to move from Mtuba to Pongola since Friday...
On the ground things are getting worse..
EC to Northern KZN(Hluhluwe is on the N2 which is a no go zone at the moment and escalating...
Flying JHB to PE should be ok but driving from there to Hluhluwe today would be suicide....
Things will change better or worse is the question...
Thanks for the info. If we have to we can postpone the KZN hunt until next year And hunt in the mountains around Neiu Bethesda in the Karoo this year. Is the situation there OK?

By reading above you don't think its a good/safe/responsible time to arrive for safari? We land in Joberg 29 July, have outfitter pic us up 2 days later 1 Aug, (have hotel booked close to airport) then commence a 4 area 21 day safari, lion, croc, night critters and full bag of PG. No internal flights its all road transfers with same PH. Hunt is followed by 14 days driving tour, already booked, Gansbaai, Cape Town and Kruger, this we are self driving.

We await tonight's 20.00 hr announcement, there is conflicting info from our outfitter and posts on here. Doom and danger to all is still OK with minor interruptions. I am wondering where in-between reality falls? Not thinking it will get better anytime soon? But we do have exactly 3 weeks today till our pickup in Joberg.

MB
I would not self drive with the current political violence and crime taking place. Would not be dissimilar to deciding to take a self-guided driving tour through Mexico (or maybe Portland last summer) at the moment. You might be fine, but it could go south in an instant.

I would not self drive with the current political violence and crime taking place. ..........
I was out driving myself around a few years ago and ran into a "garbage strike". That meant, luckily, that main street was trashed and strewn with garbage and the like and I could just drive around the town and avoid the issue. Pure chance, as I was not paying enough attention to the local news.

With some of the current goings on, I am with Joe!

I returned June 29 after a 21 day safari. I felt secure at airport and with the PH when traveling from hunting camps to other camps.
But from what I saw from Johannesburg to Northwest Province and on to Kalahari there is NO way I would recommend a self drive tour. As long with PH you should be good.

Looks like the current restrictions were extended 14 days, but dining on restaurants grounds is now allowed with tight restrictions. Gyms are open, the anger from those doing violence can be taken out on the weight bench? Now if only the citizens would start behaving. I will have a candid call to PH AM tomorrow.

MB

@MarkB
I'm interested in hearing what he has to say.

I will call tonight 10pm my time, morning for him he should be able to talk. Fingers crossed for wheels up.

MB

Not that I have any plans on international travel but what is the position on Covid 19 with companies like Ripcord or Global Rescue?

Reactions: WAB
Hello All -

RSA Pres. Ramaphosa confirmed - the cabinet has decided to maintain "adjusted" alert level 4 for another 14 days. Thankfully it did not worsen + there are afew small promising changes to Restaurants, Gyms, etc., immediate EU commitment to ^ J&J availability, & an interesting development w/ a local pharmaceutical Co., Aspen being allowed to source vaccine ingredients from J&J to process/package vaccine in South Africa. A process known as fill & finish. Here RSA will be able to produce & control their own vaccine supplies, ^ jab campaign & hopefully turn the corner on COVID! :-)

My wife is a retired nurse, 30 years. She wants no part of this vaccine either. Nor my daughter ( in Canada) for her, hubby or her daughter.
My sister, her hubby and son, nada. My son, the same. None of us are anti vaccers. Too many unanswered questions, lies and BS associated with this crap.
Like how many shots are we expected to take of this experimental vaccine? A new variant pops up every other day! A new vac for each one? Is this forever? Masking going to be an on and off thing forever?
My other favorite is "no long term adverse effects from the vac". Really? How do we know that?
I am not a tin foil hat, melting innards or sterilization plot type at all, in fact had not heard of either of those ideas.
What I have heard is a lot lies thruout this process and a metric you know what ton of misinformation and now statements from our govt and others that are aggressive and just short of threatening to try get us all shot. Screw that!
The vaccines are working on the mutations. This is widely known. Where do you get your info? What “lies” are you talking about? The vaccine trials consisted of 40,000 to 70,000 people each. How many in a trial is enough for you and what are your qualifications for deciding? What are your wife’s qualifications? My daughter is a nurse NOW and is vaccinated and caring for COVID patients daily but I wouldn’t claim she is qualified to know everything about vaccines. Skepticism is fine but conspiracy about the evil vaccine makers and scientists is unreasonable. Not everyone is out to get you or telling you lies.

The plain simple falsification of such reservations concerning vaccines is comparing the situation in the UK with the situation in SA or its neighbours. Both have Delta but the impact on people and infrastructure, hospitals, etc. is definitely different.

Brazil and India stopped it with Ivermectin.
This information is available on the Internet to anyone that cares to research.
True

Plain common sense says STAY THE HELL HOME and don't take foolish chances. This pandemic is here to stay for the forseeable future and beyond with all the mutations. Is an ego trip to Africa really worth your life or your loved ones? Running the risk of getting quarantined over there for who knows how long and not being able to reenter your home country? Possibly infecting your PH, his family and whoever you come in contact with? To each his own but it makes no sense at all to me.
Sorry @Newboomer but we are adventurers on this forum. Unafraid of things like this hence the reason so many of us travel the world to harsh places. If we let a cold bug keep us home we would simply not be who we are.

My wife is a retired nurse, 30 years. She wants no part of this vaccine either. Nor my daughter ( in Canada) for her, hubby or her daughter.

The vaccines are working on the mutations. This is widely known. Where do you get your info? What “lies” are you talking about? The vaccine trials consisted of 40,000 to 70,000 people each. How many in a trial is enough for you and what are your qualifications for deciding? What are your wife’s qualifications? My daughter is a nurse NOW and is vaccinated and caring for COVID patients daily but I wouldn’t claim she is qualified to know everything about vaccines. Skepticism is fine but conspiracy about the evil vaccine makers and scientists is unreasonable. Not everyone is out to get you or telling you lies.
None of us are going to convince the others on this divisive issue. That said you might want to read up a little more on this experimental, never before used, RNA shot that is widely called a COVID-19 vaccine. Don’t want to argue about it but hope some of you will study on this a bit.

My doctor hunting buddy told me the Delta variant is a weakened version of covid and the effects are like the common cold. The media plays it up because it's what their stock in trade is, DRAMA.

My doctor hunting buddy told me the Delta variant is a weakened version of covid and the effects are like the common cold. The media plays it up because it's what their stock in trade is, DRAMA.
I'm not in the medical industry so have no basis to confirm this but its absolutely no suprise. Its ridiculous they keep playing this game, it's been 18 months let's move on!

From what I'm hearing, Africa is no different than here as far as the media spreading a very different version of what's going on than the citizens (even healthcare workers) are seeing

Been getting whatsapp videos of northern RSA. Wouldn't be on the road their unless I had remote controlled twin 50s on the roof of a Humvee. Rocks, stones, tires, and other trash is being thrown at vehicles.

State of emergency declared in KZN military deploying for what it is worth......
JM calling on cadres to join protesters and fight but it has turned into a free for all shopping excercise on a grand scale.....

State of emergency declared in KZN military deploying for what it is worth......
JM calling on cadres to join protesters and fight but it has turned into a free for all shopping excercise on a grand scale.....
Can you explain a little bit of what their protesting about? The media has 50 different stories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara29R474

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]