Infections on the Rise, Johannesburg Mayor Dies: Virus Update

Technically that may be correct, but what you said is a bit different. You said "when the unvaccinated get sick and the sooner the better". Has a bit different sound to it doesnt it?
Blunt is fine, what you said is not.
I'm sorry I offended everyone today gets offended about everything.

The infamous non apology. At least you didnt say you were taken out of context!

Why do so many vaccinated people care so much about others choosing not too. Your vaccinated, so your safe from serious illness.

For the last year and a half I have been listening to both sides saying that the other side needs to leave them alone. Both sides bitch and moan just as much as the other.

Personally if I weren't going to Africa in Sep. I'm not sure I would have gotten the vaccine as I am only 33 and in good shape. Not obese and getting fitter by the day. No pre existing conditions. To me it was a choice of possibly catching it and the off chance of having to be hospitalized in Africa. No thanks. I have my second dose in eight days and not too worried about it.

Now I'm more worried about the on the ground situation in SA.

To each their own.

Anyone got updates regarding whats going on in RSA?
Watching some on TV, news etc. And on line. My bet is they will let Zuma out to stop this stuff and it will simmer down.

Watching some on TV, news etc. And on line. My bet is they will let Zuma out to stop this stuff and it will simmer down.
Appeasement is an interesting strategy. For South Africa's sake I hope they dont.

Only get herd immunity if enough get sick or vaccinated. Probably not that much risk in any of it. May if been somewhat blunt but feel I'm right.

I hope you meant well, but it sounded a lot as the proponents of the aryan race. Funny thing, they were also sure that they were right, so could afford to be blunt.

And just so you know, heard immunity is not reached when enough people got sick or were vaccinated. It is reached when enough people got exposed to the virus or got vaccinated. Not everyone who gets exposed gets sick. Some people have a robust immunity response and kills the virus before it can multiply sufficiently to get the host sick.

Well the good news is WHEELS UP in 2 weeks. Too hell with Covid, craziness currently going on and what may or may not come around. We are off to Africa. Talked to PH today, he sees no reason to cancel/postpone or delay and I believe him. As for after hunt tour portion we will be real vigilant when travelling, keep our wits about us and my God have some fun. Time for that will be 5 weeks out. Still have 14 days in Canada then 21 days of pure joy. Do expect Covid numbers to increase after all the non rule followers spread and get sick so will take lots of masks, hand sanitizer and be vigilant with our distancing and actions.

For those there and still going would love some first hand real world updates on how it was.

MB

Well the good news is WHEELS UP in 2 weeks. Too hell with Covid, craziness currently going on and what may or may not come around. We are off to Africa. Talked to PH today, he sees no reason to cancel/postpone or delay and I believe him. As for after hunt tour portion we will be real vigilant when travelling, keep our wits about us and my God have some fun. Time for that will be 5 weeks out. Still have 14 days in Canada then 21 days of pure joy. Do expect Covid numbers to increase after all the non rule followers spread and get sick so will take lots of masks, hand sanitizer and be vigilant with our distancing and actions.

For those there and still going would love some first hand real world updates on how it was.

MB
I came to the same conclusion after talking to my travel agent and outfitter. We are going to Namibia so no unrest at this time. Heres to hoping the RSA unrest gets under control and the covid restrictions in all of Africa dont get any worse as to cause complications for us hunters (and of course the damn virus go away all together so no one gets sick...not trying to sound completely selfish)...it will be in the back of my mind for sure but I'm gonna try to enjoy my first safari and relax!

MarkB............go for it..............fortune favors the bold.
JG Raider.........that is really harsh. That Frenchman may have been right on. I'm now thinking....."fat, old, stupid, useless".........ok, but just those 4........... I'm not weak. Not Yet. As I have posted before, I am not sure, but I believe that the virus was enhanced, purposefully released, and then got out of control and had unpredictable consequences. You may have listed the exact motive, though. May have. I had thought that social restructuring was the motive....down with Trump, and more easy looting and social programs for everyone who considers themselves a minority. But maybe the reason was more sinister. Like getting rid of the fat, old, stupid and useless. Damn..............FWB

I think Covid has had a serious effect on a lot of people's brains (thinking). Vaccinated or not!

We’re all getting a little edgy. This crap is beyond old.

What I do find a bit tiresome is the pontificating by some saying, "just do it, I did, everyone needs to, do it for everyone else, take one for the team etc.". This is just not so and its ignorant. It seems like an attempt to justify taking the shots themselves, if they can spout how everyone should, as if unsure of their own decision: looking for validation.
Hey, you got the shot, carry on, you're safe now right? Dont worry about what others do or dont do, none of your business, you got the shot. But dont feel the need to convince others that they need to get the shot, maybe they dont.
Herd immunity is just around the corner. Or maybe it isnt, it is what it is. Time will tell.
@sestoppelman I get part of where you are coming from. Freedom of choice. I agree with that. I'm sure we agree on most topics on this website. :giggle:(y) I don't want to get in a big disagreement with you. It just seemed you were trying pretty hard to convince people not to get vaccinated by talking about lies, a minority of medical professionals that are not getting vaccinated, lack of CDC final full approval of vaccines (although it is coming) and a few other strong statements and now you are telling those of us that did get vaccinated to not say much at all about getting vaccinated. Can't have it both ways, it would seem? I think we are all getting tired of this subject and need to check ourselves a bit from time to time, me included. Have a nice day.

MarkB............go for it..............fortune favors the bold.
JG Raider.........that is really harsh. That Frenchman may have been right on. I'm now thinking....."fat, old, stupid, useless".........ok, but just those 4........... I'm not weak. Not Yet. As I have posted before, I am not sure, but I believe that the virus was enhanced, purposefully released, and then got out of control and had unpredictable consequences. You may have listed the exact motive, though. May have. I had thought that social restructuring was the motive....down with Trump, and more easy looting and social programs for everyone who considers themselves a minority. But maybe the reason was more sinister. Like getting rid of the fat, old, stupid and useless. Damn..............FWB
Remember, “Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son”. Dean Wormer (Animal House).

FlatwaterBill….your thoughts are very similar to my thinking since April 2020…just too convenient prior to the election and the aged as “takers” in the world and not “givers” in a society wanting more and more, but receiving less and less.
a movie many years ago…Soylent Green……. No, I am not wearing a foil hat, but too many coincidences normally add up to not coincidental.

FlatwaterBill….your thoughts are very similar to my thinking since April 2020…just too convenient prior to the election and the aged as “takers” in the world and not “givers” in a society wanting more and more, but receiving less and less.
a movie many years ago…Soylent Green……. No, I am not wearing a foil hat, but too many coincidences normally add up to not coincidental.
o_O

tin foil.jpg

They also are going to steal our precious bodily fluids.

Last edited:
Adolphus Raymondus Vernon Agopsowicz.......(aka John Vernon/Dean Wormer).....was a man of great wisdom. I frequently thought of that quote when I was hiring young "workers"...
More on topic, though, does anyone with boots on the ground have any Joburg updates?
Reviewing the news last night, I thought the situation was worse than any I have seen in 50 years of watching RSA political strife. (in the mid 90's, it probably looked so easy to the indigenous people to take over the reins in a thriving, bountiful country) Europe and the USA will be asked to bail out South Africa if it fails. My best to all my friends there.......try to be safe.................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara29R474

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]