How did you get your handle or user name?

As I peruse those many threads on AH Forum that interest me, I often wonder about the story or meaning behind the handle or user names of the posters. Many are intuitive to me, but with others, I'd just be taking a wild guess. I've had the good fortune to get to know a select few on here really well and have their back stories, but for the rest, I'd love to hear how you got your name - please do share.

Ku-winda, by the way, is the name of Otto Koehler's Journal detailing his safari to Kenya and Tanganyika in the mid 50's. It means "to hunt" in Swahili and was the source and inspiration to many of us in South Texas and directly responsible for setting me on a path to adventures of my own on the Dark Continent.
X wife

As I peruse those many threads on AH Forum that interest me, I often wonder about the story or meaning behind the handle or user names of the posters. Many are intuitive to me, but with others, I'd just be taking a wild guess. I've had the good fortune to get to know a select few on here really well and have their back stories, but for the rest, I'd love to hear how you got your name - please do share.

Ku-winda, by the way, is the name of Otto Koehler's Journal detailing his safari to Kenya and Tanganyika in the mid 50's. It means "to hunt" in Swahili and was the source and inspiration to many of us in South Texas and directly responsible for setting me on a path to adventures of my own on the Dark Continent.
I was named after.my dad, so to save confusion they just went with my middle name. Doug is how.my friends know me. I figure that AH members qualify.

I had it easy: my parents gave it to me. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RefugiaTli

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]