Good Gun Deals This Week

Attachments

• Mod 70 Winchester in 300 H&H, with Griffin and Howe side mount featuring steel 1%22 scope ring...pdf
    265 KB · Views: 11
In my experience it is a fair price. to me $1500 is a good price and $1200 is a great price for a rifle in this apparent condition with rings
I think this is spot on. Collector “value” is diminished. I disdain the side mount—even well done ones like the G&H. If LOP suits you, buy it. If I find a gun I desire I will buy it if price is within the ballpark of accurate pricing.

In my experience it is a fair price. to me $1500 is a good price and $1200 is a great price for a rifle in this apparent condition with rings
If one was just looking for a reliable 300H&H this would be a good gun. $1000 is where my offer would be. $1200-1500 wouldn’t be terrible if you didn’t already have a 300 in the safe.

Pads not original, blueing looks original but doesn’t match the stock, likely refinished (likely when pad was done), the rear receiver bridge not being tapped is a plus (from collector stand point) BUT the side being drilled for the G&H mount cancels it out and then some. IF G&H did this gun then it’d be a different story but the pricing would also reflect that.

If one was just looking for a reliable 300H&H this would be a good gun. $1000 is where my offer would be. $1200-1500 wouldn’t be terrible if you didn’t already have a 300 in the safe.

Pads not original, blueing looks original but doesn’t match the stock, likely refinished (likely when pad was done), the rear receiver bridge not being tapped is a plus (from collector stand point) BUT the side being drilled for the G&H mount cancels it out and then some. IF G&H did this gun then it’d be a different story but the pricing would also reflect that.
Yea, I don't mind the pad, but the more I looked at it the more I thought it might have been refinished. Guy said it was on consignment and would not come down on price.

I would be pretty surprised if that has not been been refinished at some point.

With the refinish, pad, and side mount the rifle has no collector value. It is worth what it is worth to the buyer as a shooter. From that perspective, $1900 is pretty close to outrageous.

Yea, I don't mind the pad, but the more I looked at it the more I thought it might have been refinished. Guy said it was on consignment and would not come down on price.
Let the gun sit and someone else come along. You can find a better 300H&H in original condition for less.

With the refinish, pad, and side mount the rifle has no collector value. It is worth what it is worth to the buyer as a shooter. From that perspective, $1900 is pretty close to outrageous.
Exactly, that’s why I’d be at $1000 myself. I’ve got several collectible 300’s so I’m if I'm buying something like this it’s something to hunt with. Someone without several Pre64 M70’s might be willing to pay 1200-1500 then sell/upgrade the one they have if they find a nicer one.

I’d tell people to be very careful on Pre64 300H&H’s as many were rechambered to Weatherby’s or Win Mags. It’s impossible to find an original 300WM from before 1962. Cartridge launched in 1963 and anything from 62 was one of the test rifles so I personally would immediately suspect them as a fake without documentation.

Nothing wrong with a G&H mount for a working rifle. I've paid to have them installed on many guns. What gives them a bad reputation is installs such as the one above. If you can see the screws, it was installed 1" too high.

What's the point of a G&H mount anyway? Answer: To get a scope LOWER than you possibly can with rings and bases, all while giving you a clear picture of the iron sights and a flawless quick detach return to zero.

An incorrect installation does none of that, but does ruin the value of the rifle.

Let the gun sit and someone else come along. You can find a better 300H&H in original condition for less.

For some strange reason, I'd love to own a 300 H&H, even though I own a 300 Weatherby :ROFLMAO: Keep me in mind if you do find one at a reasonable price and you don't buy it. (y)

For some strange reason, I'd love to own a 300 H&H, even though I own a 300 Weatherby :ROFLMAO: Keep me in mind if you do find one at a reasonable price and you don't buy it. (y)
Will do, they have a bad habit of finding their way home with me if reasonably priced but I’m trying to cut back on repeats to fund more hunts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elizabet65

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.