Good Gun Deals This Week

I’m not sure if this is a deal or not, but maybe the double experts can shed a bit of insight on it with limited details.

There’s an Army & Navy 470 hammer gun with a top lever for sale out of a very reputable dealers personal collection. He’s asking 9k CAD.

Attachments

• AS-NEW HEYM 88B DOUBLE RIFLE 375 H&H MAG - EJECTORS - STRONG ACTION for sale.pdf
    331 KB · Views: 37
I’m not sure if this is a deal or not, but maybe the double experts can shed a bit of insight on it with limited details.

There’s an Army & Navy 470 hammer gun with a top lever for sale out of a very reputable dealers personal collection. He’s asking 9k CAD.
Here are pictures of the aforementioned 470. What do the double experts have to say?

image001.jpeg
image002.jpeg
image003.jpeg
image004.jpeg
image005.jpeg
image001.jpeg
image002.jpeg
image003.jpeg
image004.jpeg

Knowing what you got, knowing what you need, knowing what you can do without - That's Inventory Control.

There is a lot of beautiful "Stuff" out there. My Grandfather always said "Sell, don't Buy"

I certainly do appreciate it! really, & it may come to that. Several yrs back a retired coworker was simply looking for a 22. I proposed this & didn't give it much thought. He said "Danny, don't sell that"? I thought a couple hundered .. this "listing" may be too unreasonable, idk. However, glad he was honest.

Yes , I think even in these inflationary times, that’s a bit steep

Well, since a Canadian Import sounds like a bust, here at least... Nice, imo.

elwood epps.jpg

Well, since a Canadian Import sounds like a bust, here at least... Nice, imo.

View attachment 577463
You can import from Canada with no problem, call Ralph Martini and he can advise you on the process.

Ok, I will chime in on the .470
Like many English "makers", Army & Navy did not build the guns carrying their name. They also sold a lot of guns from other makers in their shops and served many different price points. This gun was likely made after 1900. It is a mid grade gun, nice wood, plain action. Hammerless guns were the norm so building this gun at this time was a bit unusual. Was it built by request of a customer? Was it to fit a lower price point to give someone a double rifle at a much lower price?
At any rate, it has minimal appeal and thus a small market. Not many people are wanting to handicap themselves with a hammer gun on dangerous game. It likely won't sell quickly but you never know. It does have rebounding hammers as would be expected and it does have nice wood (closely examine it around the locks and under the locks to make sure it is not oil soaked though!). Looks like in US dollars it is $6753.74 as of today so not a bad price if you are not importing it.

Another LGS here has a like new Ruger Guide Gun .375 Ruger for $900. Fair deal?
They were hard to find for a while and sold at good bit higher prices. But they do seem to be more available recently. That said, the lowest price I see for new right now is $1125.

They were hard to find for a while and sold at good bit higher prices. But they do seem to be more available recently. That said, the lowest price I see for new right now is $1125.
I’ve seen a couple on GB usually priced higher for the Guide Gun versus the African or Alaskan models. With shipping, my transfer fee cost from my FFL plus tax now, and usually an up charge for a credit card, the savings often seem to evaporate with some of the internet buying?

I’ve seen a couple on GB usually priced higher for the Guide Gun versus the African or Alaskan models. With shipping, my transfer fee cost from my FFL plus tax now, and usually an up charge for a credit card, the savings often seem to evaporate with some of the internet buying?
For current production guns, I frequently refer to gun.deals site to see pricing and inventory/in-stock information.

I know some states, like WA where I live, require an FFL to collect sales tax if not assessed by the seller. But for other states that don't have this I find it rarely useful to buy off GunBroker due to them forcing tax collection when many other online sites do not require it.

For current production guns, I frequently refer to gun.deals site to see pricing and inventory/in-stock information.

I know some states, like WA where I live, require an FFL to collect sales tax if not assessed by the seller. But for other states that don't have this I find it rarely useful to buy off GunBroker due to them forcing tax collection when many other online sites do not require it.
Well, I went back to the LGS and it was a consignment gun. I bought it for $850 plus tax.

Yes , I think even in these inflationary times, that’s a bit steep
I thought there was a mild corrosion on this 22 when we took this out .. machined different from the receiver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinjo

Latest profile posts

Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt