Good Gun Deals This Week

Well, I went back to the LGS and it was a consignment gun. I bought it for $850 plus tax.
You did good! I think that is what I paid for a new one 10 or 12 years ago.

Not the normal African guns but a decent price

Attachments

• DISC Extreme .52 Straight – Real Tree Edge - Knight Rifles.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Hey guys, looking for some input on a Kimber 89 BGR 375 H&H with a barrel stamping of Colton OR. (Assuming this is one of the earlier built rifles before the business was moved to clackamas OR. Local Gun Store in my area is offering it up at 4k. Not very well educated in kimbers so hoping some knowledgeable sources here can give me an idea on if this is a decent buy?

Rifle appears to be in very good condition minus a warm out pad, probably from sitting on a shelf for years.

Thanks in advance.

97B6FCBE-1B6C-4188-98ED-0103CCA43001.jpeg
8634973C-7C3D-4C30-8262-78C4BECF4251.jpeg
5503E7DF-B61C-47C4-B1ED-19FE2FF6C72D.jpeg
53E0DF14-30F6-4E26-9F32-91EECA44F4E6.jpeg
17ABC270-8380-4EC5-A8AC-D376E00035C6.jpeg
D9A9DFEF-84B5-4F76-BA56-95536BA58DE6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
GunsAmerica has this same gun for 8995.00

I remember reading about some of the 89 BGR's having a lot of problems. I found this on the ole web to make sure I was remembering correctly ...

"Comments from someone who worked for Kimber of Oregon, when the 89 BGR's were being made.

The entire production of the BGR was over a rather compressed time period, so it would be impossible to predict a problem rifle simply from the build date

Added to that is another great confusion. Greg was not so good about paying the corporate bills grin and at the time, he owed Cali'co Hardwoods a large amount of money. Kimber of Oregon was rapidly going under and was being shut down periodically by the Feds, both for non-payment of employee withholding taxes and messing with serial numbers.

So, the owner of Cali'co Hardwoods literally arrived at the front door at Kimber and took a significant percentage of the total production of BGRs, plus any M-82, M-84 and Predator pistols that he could get his hands on. Rather than recieve another wad of lies, empty promises and ******** from Greg Warne, the Cali'co owner simply took firearms and took them home to California.

I was in-plant when the Cali'co truck arrived. It was a total surprise and the owner of Cali'co WAS NOT TAKING "NO" FOR AN ANSWER. He and his guys simply arrived and started loading up their empty freight truck with product.

Distribution of that truckload of Kimbers was a sometimes thing. Cali'co Hardwoods ( http://www.calicohardwoods.com/ ) was literally selling them for whatever they could get for them, simply to turn the product back into money.

A lot of the M-89s that were actually fired (which is a small precentage because most Kimber owners simply bought them "for show") came back for warranty repairs. Of course, Greg tried to wiggle out of warranty repairs on the rifles that Cali'co Hardwoods confiscated. Obviously, these rifles weren't sold through normal channels; the Official Kimber Dealers, so confusion reigned. There were some really unhappy customers. In truth, the M-89s were not a perfected product ... some worked and some didn't ... and that's the truth.

Also, Greg and others were selling M-89BGRs out the back door for from $350 to $400 a rifle. Lots of local gun stores, here in Portland, were selling BGRs for $450 to $500.

Some shot well, a few shot and functioned WAY BETTER than they had any right to and others were "not so much." Quite honestly, my friend, I hope and pray that you got one of the wonderful ones ... I truly do.

In general, however, the horribly cheap barrels sucked, chambers quite often had probs, the hacked-together safety was often mis-timed, the ejectors sometimes had probs and most had floorplate issues. The sights often just plain fell off (the original .416 Rigby did that on me). Literally ALL Kimber of Oregon rifles had their recoil lugs bedded in 5-Minute Epoxy and that added not a little to consumer compliants.

I cannot tell you how many returned Kimbers I've personally rebedded, simply to do the owners a favour. I always thought it to be cruel to sell the unwitting public a gorgeous semi-custom rifle like that and bed it with 5-Minute Epoxy.

The entire issue borders on the comical ... and I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad for everyone involved ... the customer, most of all.

I walked away from Lyin' Little Greg and test-shooting all of the KofO rifles about that time.

What a frackin' balls-up situation. Kimber of Oregon could have been such a success story, but Greg single-handedly drove it into the ground, all to die in the jungle of Costa Rica . It's a sad, sad story."

Well, since a Canadian Import sounds like a bust, here at least... Nice, imo.

View attachment 577463

When someone shares a discrete deal on a double, it’s bad form to post it broadly. It was shared as a courtesy to you, but it was a $1000 commission on a locate for someone else searching for a heym that had full due diligence on it and was way under FMV. Yes, it’s an amazing deal. You sharing it likely killed a bird dog fee for me.

When someone shares a discrete deal on a double, it’s bad form to post it broadly. It was shared as a courtesy to you, but it was a $1000 commission on a locate for someone else searching for a heym that had full due diligence on it and was way under FMV. Yes, it’s an amazing deal. You sharing it likely killed a bird dog fee for me.
The suggested Jeffery listing was never shared, mentioned. I simply asked you about this 88, my apologies, I thought we were to help each other out.

1.- Did you expressly say/request for Daniel not to share it?

2.- Didn’t you do essentially the same thing you’re (unjustly) upset with Daniel for doing by sharing that info with Daniel?

3.- Did you seriously convince someone to pay you $1k for surfing the web a bit?

Your post is in bad form for sure.

1.- Did you expressly say/request for Daniel not to share it?

2.- Didn’t you do essentially the same thing you’re (unjustly) upset with Daniel for doing by sharing that info with Daniel?

3.- Did you seriously convince someone to pay you $1k for surfing the web a bit?

Your post is in bad form for sure.

It wasn’t his deal to share. That’s it. Nuff said.

It wasn’t his deal to share. That’s it. Nuff said.
I’m not perfect. Everyone on AH knows that. I have made many a regrettable post.. Most of the time I try to at least be self aware of my flaws and will begrudgingly admit I’m wrong at times.

Also, I do value your knowledge and input on many subjects.

That said, do you “hear” yourself? This is not the right way to go about this. If you aren’t the seller (you’re not) and you didn’t say “please don’t share this information with anyone” then you don’t have any reason to be upset. Period.

Does this apply to doubles only? Is the rifle still for sale as it appears?

I’m not perfect. Everyone on AH knows that. I have made many a regrettable post.. Most of the time I try to at least be self aware of my flaws and will begrudgingly admit I’m wrong at times.

That said, do you “hear” yourself? This is not the right way to go about this. If you aren’t the seller (you’re not) and you didn’t say “please don’t share this information with anyone” then you don’t have any reason to be upset. Period.
I am not sure I fully understand the issue here unless this thread is now being used to conduct a business?

I don't post on it often unless I feel strongly about something, but I was under the impression it was started to help deepen the knowledge base of those considering firearms purchases. Sharing information would seem somewhat fundamental to its reason for existence.

I have to agree with all you said.

Some people find large amounts of joy helping people where they can.

Others find great joy in gaining an upper hand over their fellows.

I have no issue with an individual making money.

I do have an issue if a person creates a thread, makes recommendations on good deals and then makes money without disclosing potential conflicts of interest.

Not saying that is what is happening on this thread but the recent post makes a person pause to consider motives. Hopefully that is not happening because I do find value in this thread and the opinions of many knowledgeable individuals.

I have no issue with an individual making money.

I do have an issue if a person creates a thread, makes recommendations on good deals and then makes money without disclosing potential conflicts of interest.

Not saying that is what is happening on this thread but the recent post makes a person pause to consider motives. Hopefully that is not happening because I do find value in this thread and the opinions of many knowledgeable individuals.
Earlier today I saw him post “wont last long” on a classified listing that would likely set a record top sales price and it caused me pause and now this thread. Strange things afoot at the Circle K.

I’ve posted many things as a courtesy to others on this thread. I don’t post if it creates a conflict. I don’t post things people ask me not to post. I don’t interfere in a known negotiation underway. I get asked for opinions on guns 10x a week on this forum via PM, on occasion, I state “I cannot provide any comment on a particular gun because I happen to know a deal is underway or otherwise”.

If you share a gun with me in confidence via PM, I don’t broadcast it on this venue.

That’s it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fox1

Latest profile posts

Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt