Free Booze and Food! January 11th 2024

I just booked my flight and would be delighted to come to this party. Could you please send a PM with the address?

Absolutely! We'd love to have you join us.

PM inbound

:)

More door prizes continue to roll in...

another shout out and big THANK YOU to @R&M FIREARMS and @Mark Biggerstaff .. We've now got 4x R&M Firearms T-shirts to give away... PLUS...

2x Cobratec knives!

1703792285863.jpeg

Doors open at 7PM... the intent is to do the drawings for the door prizes about 9PM... so make sure you get here in time and grab a ticket at the door when you enter!

Between the 4 shirts, 2 knives, scope, binos, ammo, limited edition prints, candles, and buff cow hunt.. we're looking at almost $8K in give aways.. and based on the number of people on the guest list about a 1:5 chance of winning something (pretty awesome odds IMO :) )..

and everyone gets booze, food, and comradery regardless :)

No guarantees or promises.. but I am going to do my best to get out into the shop in the next week and try to get a couple of custom hunting knives built to put on the door prize list as well...

I managed to get out in the shop a bit this week (Thursday night, friday night, and much of this morning)... and was able to get a knife knocked out that I think will make a nice door prize (adding it to the pile!).. Still need to do a little clean up and get a sheath made for it.. but thats a short/easy task I can probably knock out this evening or sometime on Tuesday after I get back from the deer lease..

For those that dont know, Im something of a hobbyist knife maker.. definitely not the same level as something like a Von Gruff... but several members here have knives I've made over the years.. and I for the most part only use my own knives for everything from hunting to kitchen tasks... and they overall seem to work very well for their intended purposes..

This one is a new(ish) model Ive been working on.. an upswept skinner.. this one is D2 steel, with stainless pins, G10 liners (desert tan colored), and box elder handles that have been dyed and stabilized... Its got a wickedly sharp edge on it and should be a deer/hog skinning machine...

1703962514724.jpeg

I managed to get out in the shop a bit this week (Thursday night, friday night, and much of this morning)... and was able to get a knife knocked out that I think will make a nice door prize (adding it to the pile!).. Still need to do a little clean up and get a sheath made for it.. but thats a short/easy task I can probably knock out this evening or sometime on Tuesday after I get back from the deer lease..

For those that dont know, Im something of a hobbyist knife maker.. definitely not the same level as something like a Von Gruff... but several members here have knives I've made over the years.. and I for the most part only use my own knives for everything from hunting to kitchen tasks... and they overall seem to work very well for their intended purposes..

This one is a new(ish) model Ive been working on.. an upswept skinner.. this one is D2 steel, with stainless pins, G10 liners (desert tan colored), and box elder handles that have been dyed and stabilized... Its got a wickedly sharp edge on it and should be a deer/hog skinning machine...

View attachment 577445
That is a fantastic looking knife, and I love the logo on the blade! Someone is going to go home from the party very happy. :-)

Gorgeous knife and looks very functional as well.
I am new around here and plan to be in Dallas for the convention and would love to attend your soiree if you have room for one more.
And if so, I am staying at the Fairfield if anyone is interested in sharing a ride.
Thanks so much
Jody

Beautiful knife. Someone going to be a happy winner.

Gorgeous knife and looks very functional as well.
I am new around here and plan to be in Dallas for the convention and would love to attend your soiree if you have room for one more.
And if so, I am staying at the Fairfield if anyone is interested in sharing a ride.
Thanks so much
Jody

Would love to have you attend...

Shooting you a PM with the address now..

If anyone is staying at the Westin or in the area and would like to get an Uber with Jenni and I to the event please let me know.

If anyone is staying at the Westin or in the area and would like to get an Uber with Jenni and I to the event please let me know.
My wife and I will be at the Westin.
I am sending a PM...

Im headed out to the deer woods tomorrow for one last attempt before the season closes.. will be out of pocket until Sunday night for the most part... If anyone needs anything shoot me a PM and I'll address it as soon as I get back..

A couple of reminders...

* Party starts at 7.. ends whenever the last person decides to go home.. (but dont be surprised if I abandon you all after midnight.. Im old and need my beauty sleep :) )....

* You sincerely dont need to bring anything other than yourselves.. we have plenty of food and drink to go around.. Im going to be eating left overs and swilling all of the remaining beer and wine for weeks after DSC ends I am sure.. There are 6 or 7 different hors devours on the menu I think (plenty of variety.. there should be something everyone likes).. and a fully stocked bar with several whiskeys (bourbons, irish, scotch), tequila, a premium rum or two, etc.. plenty of beer to go around.. and plenty of both red and white wine options as well.. not to be anyones momma, but, please be responsible... its a long way back to downtown Dallas (unless you uber.. then feel free to drink like @spike.t :D ....)...

* Consider carpooling or ubering if you can.. this is NOT a requirement.. just keep in mind that we're in a subdivision.. parking is limited.. you might have to park down the street or around the corner (there is a little 5 acre city park just 200 yards down the street from us.. there will be parking along the side of the park.. you just might be looking at a 200-300 yard walk (there are street lights) to get to the house)..

* We've got LOTS of door prizes to give away (roughly $8K in total value).. we'll start pulling tickets for prizes around 830-900 (give plenty of time for people to get to the party.. while at the same time not waiting so late that people have to stay longer than they want to if they have somewhere else to be/go, etc).. Make sure you grab a ticket when you come through the door!

* We've got 58 names on the guest list... It might be a bit of a crowded house... (we live comfortably.. but.. while we behave a lot like the beverly hillbillies around here, we dont have a mansion or a cement pond (and sadly, Ellie Mae is missing too! :) )... I apologize in advance if things get packed... but I am sure we can make it work.. last year we had 52 on the guest list.. 44 showed up.. and while there were certainly a lot of people stirring around, I think there was plenty of space, enough seating available (not that many people sat very much), etc...

We are looking forward to seeing all of the repeat offenders again next week, and are super happy that there are quite a few new names on the list as well.. its always great to actually get to know some of the people that you interact with online in places like AH...

Thanks!

My daughter lives in Dallas and wants to attend this even with Jared and I. Is it to late to add a third person?

Not a problem at all… please bring her!

Don't know how I missed this earlier.

Man...that...sounds...AMAZING! Would love to join but am already committed downtown (going to the banquets again this year).

I am game for a meet up at the convention center or thereabout if anyone else is game. I know that AH has the dinner but I can't make that either (same reason as above). Send me a PM and I'll share my cell. Will be at the show all day every day.

Is it too late to join up? I don't really know anyone, so I am free that night, and this could be a good opportunity. I am flying in on the 11th, get in around 1500hrs, and staying at the Magnolia. I won't have a car though, so if anyone is going from that area, I would have to beg for a ride!

Is it too late to join up? I don't really know anyone, so I am free that night, and this could be a good opportunity. I am flying in on the 11th, get in around 1500hrs, and staying at the Magnolia. I won't have a car though, so if anyone is going from that area, I would have to beg for a ride!

Definitely not too late. Please join us!

PM with the address headed your way.

Sent you a PM, you can ride along with me if you like

Pat

My wife & I would like to share an Uber with another couple or 2 couples, we are staying downtown fairly close to convention center at airbnb. Get in touch with me if interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck40M565

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]