Free Booze and Food! January 11th 2024

I'm not sure on my flight schedule yet, but if I land in time, I may head straight over from DFW. How far of a trip would that be?

We may take you up on this. We got our last trophies just as the country shut down for covid and the SA bug has hit us again. Sure we can find something to take. Still haven't got our bushbuck or black wildebeast with a bow yet.
We have been talking about possibly booking a trip next year and considering going to either Dallas or Nashville to the convention. Both places are about the same distance from us in southern MO.

There are some excellent bushbuck on an adjacent property to the main Bos en Dal property (less than 2 miles from the lodge) that are free range.. thats where my wife took hers in 2022.. and Gerrit has a concession about 30 minutes away from the main lodge that has a large herd of black wildebeest is conducive to bow hunting.. I believe @Mark Biggerstaff has been to that property before (I havent been there yet.. but have been considering a black wildebeest for our 2024 hunt)..

whether you want to talk about booking a hunt or not, please do swing by (I'll shoot you a PM with the address).. we're up to about 50 people on the guest list now.. the party is a great way to kick off DSC, meet several other AH members face to face.. have a few laughs, share a few drinks and some good food, and just enjoy being in a room filled with people of like mind, that share the same interests and passions, etc..

Last edited:
Wow really awesome what you guys are doing... prints look great. Have a great dinner and get together.

We just got the prints in for the door prize yesterday.. they will all be #2 out of a limited edition run of 100 prints.. they look even better in person (I truly am amazed at the quality of Anets work)..

For those unfortunate souls that fail to win the prints in January.. I'm happy to share how to purchase a set from Anet.. :)

Theyre actually extremely affordably priced.. for A4 size (8.3" x 11.7" they are just $39 each.. or $175 for all of the big five.. considering the quality of the work and also the fact that right now youre getting super low numbers in the limited edition run (brings much higher value to collectors, etc)... thats WAY below market pricing..

I'm not sure on my flight schedule yet, but if I land in time, I may head straight over from DFW. How far of a trip would that be?

Please do plan on swinging by (cant win a buff cow hunt without walking through the door! :) )...

We're about 30-35 minutes from DFW if youre driving any time after about 630PM on a weeknight.. all but about 1.5 miles of the trip is on 6 lane interstate so its not a hard drive at all..

I'll shoot you a PM with the address :)

What a wonderful gesture for you to host this event. One of these days I'll have to make the trip. Unfortunately, too much going on next year.

There are some excellent bushbuck on an adjacent property to the main Bos en Dal property (less than 2 miles from the lodge) that are free range.. thats where my wife took hers in 2022.. and Gerrit has a concession about 30 minutes away from the main lodge that has a large herd of black wildebeest is conducive to bow hunting.. I believe @Mark Biggerstaff has been to that property before (I havent been there yet.. but have been considering a black wildebeest for our 2024 hunt)..

whether you want to talk about booking a hunt or not, please do swing by (I'll shoot you a PM with the address).. we're up to about 50 people on the guest list now.. the party is a great way to kick off DSC, meet several other AH members face to face.. have a few laughs, share a few drinks and some good food, and just enjoy being in a room filled with people of like mind, that share the same interests and passions, etc..

I hunted the cattle and farm land about a 5 miles down the road for my Bushbuck. Was also hunting Dikir there. Good population of both. This was end result on 3rd afternoon.
187d1b92-5b83-4f8e-98dc-ad35c805a7b5.jpg

My oldest daughter (29) and I would love to attend but it sounds like your house will be bursting at the seams already. We’re local, coming from the Rockwall area.

We've still got plenty of room... please come on by!

I'll shoot you a PM with the address :)

I hunted the cattle and farm land about a 5 miles down the road for my Bushbuck. Was also hunting Dikir there. Good population of both. This was end result on 3rd afternoon. View attachment 573346

We tried there pretty hard for bushbuck and steinbok.. but came up short on both (saw lots of bushbuck but could never get onto a good shooter.. and saw a couple of female steinbok, but never a ram)..

Steinbok are on my "list" now though.. so I have a feeling I might be back over there again in July.. :)

3 trips and still no bushbuck or duiker. Dave shot a world class steinbuck with his bow on our first trip. The arrow was longer than the tiny steinbuck and the head was about the same size of our Jack Russell.

3 trips and still no bushbuck or duiker. Dave shot a world class steinbuck with his bow on our first trip. The arrow was longer than the tiny steinbuck and the head was about the same size of our Jack Russell.

You should head to Takeri @spike.t I shot a Rowland Ward size Bushbuck one afternoon. And a Blue Duiker very early one morning just a short 15 minute walk from camp.

You should head to Takeri @spike.t I shot a Rowland Ward size Bushbuck one afternoon. And a Blue Duiker very early one morning just a short 15 minute walk from camp.
We only use bow for our Africa trips. I was offered a rifle for the black wildebeast, but like the challenge of the bow better. I will shoot prarie dogs in the Wyoming wind with a rifle, but our serious troohies are all bow.

We only use bow for our Africa trips. I was offered a rifle for the black wildebeast, but like the challenge of the bow better. I will shoot prarie dogs in the Wyoming wind with a rifle, but our serious troohies are all bow.

My wife and I both took bows to @Bos en Dal SAFARIS last July, and one of the guys we're hunting with in July 2024 (he will also be at the party) is taking a bow with him then (Im still undecided... I may take a bow with me again... but still need to figure out exactly what we want to hunt and how lol)..

If you like to bow hunt from blinds, there are several very nice ones spread out across the property.. a couple of new ones were just built earlier this year (a few months before we showed up to hunt).. they are spacious and quiet..

If you prefer to spot and stalk with a bow, that can be done too (I believe thats how Ronnie intends on going after a buff with his bow this coming July).. there are plenty of places conducive to that.. especially for bushbuck (although I think that would be an incredibly challenging (and fun!) hunt...)..

@cash_tx has very graciously donated another item to be given away as a door prize at the party...

1702395883556.png

5x boxes of Norma 308 Win factory ammo loaded with 180gr A-Frames :)

We're up to about 50 attendees at the moment (I suspect the list will continue to grow).. and have several excellent door prizes on hand (with more in planning)..

If youre going to be in town Thursday night the 11th (first night of DSC) and havent asked for the address yet.. please dont hesitate to sign up.. we had a great time last year.. and this years party is shaping up to be even better/bigger..

thanks @cash_tx !

Last edited:
The door prize list keeps getting longer and better! In addition to the stunning Insig limited edition big 5 prints, Norma Ammo, Meopta Binos, Cape Buff Cow Hunt, and a few other items.. we now have up grabs:

Leupold VX3 HD CDS 3.5-10x40 FireDot Twilight Hunter

1702653226231.png

donated by our own @Mark Biggerstaff

Thanks Mark! Someone is going to leave the party a very happy hunter!

We’ve got a little R&M swag to give away as well for door prizes..

Who doesn’t love gun related T-Shirts???? :)

Image1703166796.775580.jpg

Thanks @R&M FIREARMS !

I believe the menu is now set for the party..

the bacon candies that everyone seemed to really like last year are back in play... in addition to the bacon candies we'll have an assortment of hors d'oeuvres that include:

mini-beef wellingtons
corn jalapeno jack cakes
shrimp cocktail
vegetable spring rolls
beef skewers
buffalo tender bites
artisan beef jerky (dont ask me how they make it.. but a local hotel makes the no kidding best beef jerky I have ever had in my life.. my wife convinced the chef to make it for us.. its Michelin star restaurant grade beef jerky if there is such a thing in life)..
macarons (gotta have at least one sweet on the menu)..

my guess is before we open the doors at least one or two more things will end up on platters being served (better half has no idea how or when to stop when it comes to food, drinks, and parties)..

I just booked my flight and would be delighted to come to this party. Could you please send a PM with the address?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HTK Safaris

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]