CZ 550 .416 Rigby RAFFLE

41wpBoQexXL.jpg

When Wayne was younger and wearing those damn African length shorts

jolly-green-giant.jpg

Who won ???

OK guys so the moment you have all been waiting for is here. Things kind of fell apart today trying to get this done so instead of a video we ended up doing a live random number generator to pick. The winning number is.......
View attachment 176363This is a screen shot of the live draw on Skype with the number generator. That ticket, number 6 belongs to....
View attachment 176365
Thanks to all that paricipated! Congrats on the win Wayne!
winning ticket.jpg

@BRICKBURN That is a sign of good clean living! Congrats. The only good news for me is that losing this auction made me pull the trigger on a double rifle, actually two of them. It was a package deal with a hunter that was "retiring" from africa. When I receive them, I will post some pictures. 500/416 which is what I wanted and a 500NE. Kreighoff and Blaser respectively.
Love the way you think, lost 25 bucks in a raffle and justify not just one double but two! Perfect train of thought!

I like to test the big calibers out on Ruffed Grouse first. They tend to be tough and require more accuracy than the big stuff. It is a great test. If you can hit the grouse neck at 100 yards, then I think you can safely go after the less dangerous stuff with confidence.

Bet you don't eat a lot of ruffed grouse, do you? I remember my grandfather taking me at about 9yrs old and maybe 80 lbs wet rabbit hunting with a side by side 10ga. The recoil from the first shot caused me to pull the second trigger. I remenber waking up on my back with my grandfather standing over me trying not to laugh. I asked if I got the rabbit and all we could find was part of a leg and fur. your grouse story reminded me of that.

Congratulations Wayne, I looked at it real quick and thought it was a member name generator. Sorry

Bet you don't eat a lot of ruffed grouse, do you? I remember my grandfather taking me at about 9yrs old and maybe 80 lbs wet rabbit hunting with a side by side 10ga. The recoil from the first shot caused me to pull the second trigger. I remenber waking up on my back with my grandfather standing over me trying not to laugh. I asked if I got the rabbit and all we could find was part of a leg and fur. your grouse story reminded me of that.

My first shot with my .375 H&H. Like you noted; Do not hit low!
I think we have all experienced the "mistakes" you describe.

-1.jpg

Congratulations Wayne, I looked at it real quick and thought it was a member name generator. Sorry

I got a good laugh out of that one. No apology required.

about 500 miles NNE

I shot a 10g once a few years ago. Guy at the range had one and asked if I'd like to try it out. Well, I'd be a fool not to!

I decided it do the forward trigger first. Boom! Recoil. Boom! I shot a hole through the roof of the bench stand... Whoops! But at least we all got a laugh from it. As I'm sure you guy did now

I have hired irunguns.us as the importer and they have provided the invoice and FFL required to get this process going.
Albert will have it all in his email and the soon to be "re-homed" .416 Rigby will be on its way for a tour of the US, arriving in Arizona to get some sun and then next month it will migrate north with the geese.

The folks at irunguns.us were responsive to my suggestions for improvements in information sharing. Typical of online sites, the money side is always simple and is collected from you quickly. The email confirmation had/has not been processed automatically and is waiting in a line up somewhere.
Although, they have an online account that is updated and does have the docs (invoice and FFL) on it. However, when someone is clueless and expecting a confirmation email (as promised), it left me wondering if I had just donated some money...
After a telephone conversation, I was reassured that I already have the docs required to start the transfer and downloaded them.

I will see if the confirmation email arrives. The folks at irunguns.ca did request that I let them know if the email does not arrive.

I am not sure if there is much more or less paperwork to do this for purchasers in the US, but it is pretty basic when you understand what is actually going on.
The process for import and export across all the borders I have moved firearms looks pretty similar to this.

Waiting....:A Popcorn:

Congratulations "Brick" I'm sure you will be able to put the rifle to good use. I think that everyone that purchased a raffle ticket would agree that this has been fun. More so if they would have won the rifle but fun none the less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xihequliu56

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's