COVID vaccination required by Safari Company or not, your suggestion

Jen Psaki (pronounced as Saki) is the red headed daily spokeschick for the WH. She also worked in the Bamster admin, mostly at state with another idiot named Marie Harf. Quite pretty but dumber than a sack full of used cig butts!

@ActionBob makes a good point that people as clients and people as business owners all pretty much do what they decide to do or not do.
All are suffering loss in some way from Covid. Clients could be lost and trips disrupted from a variety of reasons and may not be the cause themselves. However, being vaccinated might keep a person out of quarantine and save a trip.
I got vaccinated in order to have access to visit people in facilities (Ministry work) then no visits took place. I would have passed otherwise just by personal choice.
Now. If I booked a hunt that required many hours in flight, hotel or day rooms, public dining etc I would not disallow a vaccination shot to disrupt it. Besides, I could get something else that had nothing to do with Covid and still be sick or in a hospital.

I knew when I opened this can of worms there would be strong opinions. I also appreciate all of the comments made, although I do wish that a few members would have read a bit better what I actually posted.

Maybe I should have asked the question, "Would you fly on a International airline that required Covid vaccinations, if that was the only way to get to your hunting destination?"

I knew when I opened this can of worms there would be strong opinions. I also appreciate all of the comments made, although I do wish that a few members would have read a bit better what I actually posted.

Maybe I should have asked the question, "Would you fly on a International airline that required Covid vaccinations, if that was the only way to get to your hunting destination?"

I mentioned earlier this decision may get made for you, that there was already talk of mandates here in the USA. Well that talk has only increased.

They may not be able to mandate you get the vaccine, but if not from what I'm seeing, they'll just make life very difficult for you if you don't. Whether that be flying, going to a restaurant, the grocery store or possibly going to work. Stay tuned......

I would but I'm a Vaccer so it’s not an issue for me. I do however understand the issue, I have a permit to carry a firearm but not all the stores in my area allow firearms on site, so when I can I shop at the stores that allow firearms, if I have to I shop at the ones that don't. The choice is mine just the way it should be. If an outfitter said you had to use a .40 caliber or larger to hunt DG with them the client would have to decide if that’s a restriction, they could live with. Some will hunt else ware, and some won’t have an issue.

Just to be clear I don’t support a Government Mandated Vaccinee, what I do strongly support is the individual’s right to choose.

Lon, your first obligation is to your family and your staff do what you feel is right to keep them safe, if that means that all your hunters need the Covid Vaccinee then so be it.

Would you hunt with a Safari Company that required Covid vaccination for all hunters and staff?

After my wife and I having a bad case of Covid we had our entire staff to have Covid Vaccinations. Here is my question, should Safari Companies require all visiting hunters to have had full vaccination for Covid? Believe me I believe in personal rights as much as anyone, but I am asking for everyones opinion.
You aren't violating people's personal rights, you have the right of association.

I don't really see how the lucrative clients are going to get to you if they are not vaccinated

I don't think being vaccinated means they will not endanger, you, your staff, other guests, as: The vaccines are not vaccines, and do not stop people from becoming infected, or spreading the virus.

People seem to generally get less sick from infections after they are vaccinated, which might be a factor to address as you might be a long way from medical care.

I don't know what kind of operation you run but a lot of them seem like people would be out of doors most of the time. Or are even in accomodations that are breezy.

I doubt you will be able to enforce COVID behaviour on drunk visitors, who may be non-cooperative. It is too bad that people seem to be crazy on both extremes where this kind of thing is involved.

Most of the talk on COVID has focused on two issues, how bad would COVID be if you got it, and how protective are the vaccines.

Not discussed is how likely is one to get COVID, and how dangerous are the "vaccines" (not to be discussed by me).

In Canada where I am, only 3.9% of the population has been infected. And we have had serious economic damage etc... And a lot of social damage. Even at that low rate (may be under reported, but so what, if the number is higher, nobody seems to want to know). There are as lot of people with minimal chance of exposure. The 3.9% includes all the people who never stopped socializing, going to concerts etc...

I think one thing you may want to do is come up with a number of what benefit vaccinations actually represent in your situation. Or at least think of it in math terms. If people coming through your system have a low chance of transmission, or infection how much are vaccinations going to improve your outcomes? What can you do to improve those outcomes, for instance if there was any way to get access to rapid tests. Are any of your staff on Ivermectin prophylaxis. Would visitors take it if it was offered.

Another approach is to figure out what countries are going to do the heavy lifting for you. Canada certainly is. Seems as though the US will also. I don't see airline allowing unvaccinated passengers, though everything COVID seems to change. You could decide to focus advertising on country that do or don't.

I would tell the safari operator to stick it up their azzz if they mandated a vax for me to hunt with them.
This is the simple answer to this entire thread IMO. If a safari operator has a requirement, any requirement that you don't agree with, then don't go, then keep searching until you find one that suites your tastes. Personally I have received so many shots in my life I have no reservations about getting another. I received both my covid shots by the beginning of April and will receive the third within a few weeks apparently.

It is quite strange I agree with almost everyone that has made a reply, those that would and would not hunt with a safari operator who required clients to be vaccinated. Personally I do not want to me mandated by a govt. on just about everything!

I did break down and got vaccinated after having a bad case of Covid. I wish that I would have received the vaccination earlier, although I am not certain that it would have helped.

Tam Di wrote a very valid post, he did make one small error. Yes we are almost 100% outdoors, but while being out doors a hunter and his PH will be shoulder to shoulder in vehicles, blinds or just walking or observing.

For our valued visiting hunters, vaccinate or do not vaccinate your choice.

I would if there was no testing requirement and thus no chance of having to quarantine in a foreign country at my expense for 14 days because of an exposure to a virus variant while traveling to or while in country and/or a false positive test before attempting to fly back to the US.

After flying from Alaska with a sick person coughing,hacking and sneezing. The airlines should require a test or prove of vaccination. It may or saved me a case of covid. But I also could of been infected earlier by the same person on a bus.

Years ago I flew back from Africa, forget which trip it was, but a fellow on the cattle car had something pretty gnarly, coughed, hacked, choked, puked, sneezed and carried on for hours on that long flight home.
I figured sure as hell I would end up getting sick, but did not

This is starting to remind me of the thread on tipping!!! And also along with that thread, whether or not you guys and gals get the shot or not has absolutely no bearing on me. As long as you are not threatening my grandkids in someway, as I said previously, I don't care what you do. It has no effect on where I hunt or who I hunt with. My bank account is the primary controller of where I go and when I go.

I think you should decide the policy for your business based on what you feel is right for you. That said, I would personally not choose to hunt with an operator that required me to take the vaccine. Transparency and personal choice on both ends is most important to me.

Lon @Tokoloshe Safaris,

President Sleepy had this to say today with the Pfizer vaccine getting FDA approval:

"Today I’m calling on more companies...in the private sector to step up the vaccine requirements that will reach millions more people," Biden said. "If you’re a business leader, a non-profit leader, a state or local leader, who has been waiting for full FDA approval to require vaccinations, I call on you now to do that… do what I did last month, requiring employees to get vaccinated or face strict requirements."

If this happens and I'm guessing it will, this will be just the first step.

And what will the second step be?
Lon @Tokoloshe Safaris,

President Sleepy had this to say today with the Pfizer vaccine getting FDA approval:

"Today I’m calling on more companies...in the private sector to step up the vaccine requirements that will reach millions more people," Biden said. "If you’re a business leader, a non-profit leader, a state or local leader, who has been waiting for full FDA approval to require vaccinations, I call on you now to do that… do what I did last month, requiring employees to get vaccinated or face strict requirements."

If this happens and I'm guessing it will, this will be just the first step.

And what will the second step be?

Not sure, but likely on the path to requiring all U.S. residents to get vaccinated. It may not be written that way, but the gov't will make our lives so miserable you'll basically have no choice.

For me, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. And I'm open to the fact that it may turn out to be perfectly safe and the wiser path to get the shot. It was my choice to get vaccinated and I think that's how it should remain.

If the gov't goes down the path of making your life so miserable for deciding for yourself what to do, which I think is your right, then what right do you really have?

No,I will not.

I would not travel internationally if I was unvaccinated. I would not hunt with an outfit whose staff was not fully vaccinated. Others are free to choose to stay home if they don't accept the science of vaccines.

I would not travel internationally if I was unvaccinated. I would not hunt with an outfit whose staff was not fully vaccinated. Others are free to choose to stay home if they don't accept the science of vaccines.
+1

Last I heard a couple of days ago in the news, most of the EU countries are going back to banning Americans from there even for shopping or vacations, although I believe they are leaving it up to the individual countries.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamlanno48

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]