COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Yes, closing all the stores, restaurants and businesses is worse than the problem. The government should just ask older folks to stay at home and for younger folks not to visit them. The rest of us can deal with it.

I am having a conversation with my Congressman tomorrow at 6pm. Everyone needs to contact their elected representatives and start talking common sense to them. They get paid whether they work or not. Most of us don't.

About half the people in ICU in The Netherlands are under 50. All who have died so far are over 50, but 3 weeks on a ventilator ain't fun.

Six out of seven, or 86 percent of all COVID-19 cases were not reported in China before the implementation of travel restrictions, according to a study published in the journal Science and funded by the National Institute of Health. As posted by Fox this evening.

Assuming that study is reasonably accurate, it does potentially modify the death rate percentage. I still believe that we are addressing this particular pestilence exactly backwards. Because of those measures, we are already seeing in places like Florida and Berlin a backlash among younger members of our society who are starting to openly resent and ignore restrictions. This disease has given us a pretty precise target group - one that is significantly smaller than our population. I strongly believe "containment" should be supplanted with "protection" in order to keep the most vulnerable from being exposed to the general population. It wouldn't flatten the curve generally, but it would flatten it dramatically for those likely most in need of intensive medical care. And though it will be inconvenient for that group until a Tamaflu-like treatment or vaccine is approved, it would be a dramatically less inconvenient strategy for our economy than the one we are now following.

Well, the numerator in this equation changed from 0/7 to 6/7 not counted. I don't believe there's any way to ascertain a remotely accurate number from China - the most accurate thing we can say about that mortality rate is it is at least X. Of course, in the minds of the innumerate masses in the West, this is a much larger number than X. The MSM has been reporting on things this way for a very long time, this is just the latest example of it.

This is how we will defeat the virus. Everyday people using their talents to solve a problem. Two great examples. We have millions of people like this!

COVID19 Retweeted

alan drummond
@alandrummond2

·
2 So in ten minutes the evil genius who is one of our GP anaesthetists (with a PhD in diaphragmatic mechanics) increased our rural hospitals ventilator capacity from one to nine!!!

COVID19 Retweeted

Nate Murray
@eigenjoy

·
Mar 16
There's a Facebook group with 6,000 members dedicated to designing open-source COVID-19 medical supplies. The group is sharing CAD files for ventilators, respirators, and equipment that can be fabricated in emergency conditions. Absolutely inspiring https://facebook.com/groups/670932227050506…

Very cool. Keep in mind it takes 5 years to get new pulmonologists trained (3 years of internal medicine residency, 2 years of pulmonology fellowship), and 3-6 months to get even seasoned nurses.competent in a move from med/surg or ER to ICU.

My older sister's husband is a pulmonologist, and he already works about 80 hrs/week, has been for 25 years.

Namibia - Current Cabinet decisions

0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0003.jpg
0004.jpg
0005.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
This is much worse then some of you are making it out to be. Yes I agree there has been a massive over exaggeration on some things. But this is really bad and needs to be contained. I think all of us in North America will be more concerned in 10 days from now. We just started our upward trajectory as other parts of the world have begun to flatten out. One deceiving number people keep looking at is total cases vs total deaths. You must realize. Some of those total cases got sick yesterday. Or the day before. So of course they are not dead. And because of this skewed math it's showing a 4% death rate. But if you look at closed cases. Ie people who have either totally healed vs the number that died globally. We are at 10%. Now yes I get it not everyone goes to the doctor and many don't bother getting tested. But still we can argue that what 50% more cases exist that don't get counted. That still keeps us up at like 7.5% death rate. And if you look at current active cases. The total infected vs total in critical condition are again around the 10% mark.

So let's assume anywhere between 7-10%. Now there is evidence that countries with better infrastructure are lowering that average massively. You can see Germany and other European nations have higher numbers of infections but very few deaths. So I think North America may be more in lined with those nations. But again the southern hemisphere has hardly been touched by this yet. And that will skyrocket the numbers again.

I work for a med device manufacturer. And I can tell you my clients are in panic mode. They are getting very different info then what CNN and all the other sheep Shepard's are spreading.

I am beginning to wonder of the true validity of Covid-19.
Has here been any healthy people die from it? Most of the accounts I’ve read are just a sore throat and much much less symptoms than regular flu.
Every death on the news states nothing about the person except they are dead and had a positive test. (Almost all 80 year olds) What were the underlying health issues?
How many false positives are there from a test that was rushed to market? All tests have false positives!
I’m not a conspiracy theorist, yet.

Has here been any healthy people die from it? Most of the accounts I’ve read are just a sore throat and much much less symptoms than regular flu.
Every death on the news states nothing about the person except they are dead and had a positive test. (Almost all 80 year olds) What were the underlying health issues?
How many false positives are there from a test that was rushed to market? All tests have false positives!

My 62 year old practicing physician friend told me that certain medicines for autoimmune diseases compromise the immune system making one susceptible to this virus. That begs the question, how many of those younger victims had an autoimmune ailment like arthritis and were on medication. There's a lot more to this puzzle than what is being released to the general public, read BIG PHARMA.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK27143/

From the link: My take, if you're on a steroid, you are a target for this disease.

Current treatments for immunological disorders are nearly all empirical in origin, using immunosuppressive drugs identified by screening large numbers of natural and synthetic compounds. The drugs currently used to suppress the immune system can be divided into three categories: first, powerful anti-inflammatory drugs of the corticosteroid family such as prednisone; second, cytotoxic drugs such as azathioprine and cyclophosphamide; and third, fungal and bacterial derivatives, such as cyclosporin A, FK506 (tacrolimus), and rapamycin (sirolimus), which inhibit signaling events within T lymphocytes. These drugs are all very broad in their actions and inhibit protective functions of the immune system as well as harmful ones. Opportunistic infection is therefore a common complication of immuno-suppressive drug therapy. The ideal immunosuppressive agent would be one that targets the specific part of the adaptive immune response that causes tissue injury. Paradoxically, antibodies themselves, by virtue of their exquisite specificity, might offer the best possibility for the therapeutic inhibition of specific immune responses. We will also consider experimental approaches to controlling specific immune responses by manipulating the local cytokine environment or by manipulating antigen so as to divert the response from a pathogenic pathway to an innocuous one. We have discussed in Chapters 12 and 13 how the pathological responses that cause allergy, autoimmunity, or graft rejection can be prevented by innocuous, nonpathological T-cell responses.

My father in law retired from the Army and was a ww2 and Korean war veteran. When he first went in he was in the Navy and witness some nuclear test in South Pacific. They gave them sun glasses to watch the test. If you think the government is telling everybody the whole story your in denial.

My father in law retired from the Army and was a ww2 and Korean war veteran. When he first went in he was in the Navy and witness some nuclear test in South Pacific. They gave them sun glasses to watch the test. If you think the government is telling everybody the whole story your in denial.
Oh good Lord. Where do we get the aluminum foil for our hats?

You are 100% correct. Me and you have nothing to worry about. You and I will get sick for a couple days and that is it. But that is precisely why this one is so dangerous. Because me and you are not going to lay in bed like a typical strong flu. So we are going to walk around sharing the virus. Like almost all flus. This is dangerous for those who are old, those with respiratory and heart issues, and of course immune system issues. But in all fairness almost all of us know someone in those categories. So it is scary for them and we should be careful and not act like this is nothing. Because it can kill a lot of those people. Shit there are a number of those people on this forum.

Lmao was waiting for someone to say that.

Any moment now the folks who think this was a way to help the world's governments deal with the excessive amount of baby boomers, should be arriving lol. I'm working from home so I have tons of tinfoil in the pantry. I might make some hats for my kids too. Lol

Lmao was waiting for someone to say that.

Any moment now the folks who think this was a way to help the world's governments deal with the excessive amount of baby boomers, should be arriving lol. I'm working from home so I have tons of tinfoil in the pantry. I might make some hats for my kids too. Lol

Actually I’ve been thinking that this is custom made for the Universal/Single payer health care system. Think about it, your older population costs on the health care system are huge. This thing doesn’t affect kids who are the perfect way to get the virus to Grandma and grandpa.
Boom just like that you have lowered the cost of your health care system.

To be fair, the federal government doesn't have a sterling record on such counts. The Tuskegee Experiment occurred within both our lifetimes. I'm sure there are others.

I have some tin foil I'll trade for a nice double or blazer.

Damn just flashed on news earthquake in Utah power outages

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyceBeard

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!