Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA-CRSO, Pistol Inst., SCI,GOA
Hunted
USA: Florida, Ohio, Nebraska, RSA, Limpopo
Per a note I just received-If you are condition approved you can perform your interview on re entry at a international airport. Many are listed spread out across the country. See their web site for additional details. Not permitted on domestic flights.

Also, If you haven't been conditionally approved before you leave, check before your return flight. I know of several people, myself included, who have been conditionally approved after leaving the country. My guess is leaving the country flags you so that you can do the interview on reentry rather than them having to schedule interviews.

Also, If you haven't been conditionally approved before you leave, check before your return flight. I know of several people, myself included, who have been conditionally approved after leaving the country. My guess is leaving the country flags you so that you can do the interview on reentry rather than them having to schedule interviews.
That is what happened to me. My airport customs interview was :5 and easy.

If you are approved. Don’t wait in the normal customs line. Go to the Global Entry line and ask for the interview

I submitted an online renewal about 6 months ago and this morning finally received word that it has been renewed (no interview required). The new card is good for 5 years. You are allowed to submit a renewal one year prior to the expiration date. I missed that on this renewal and my card has technically been expired for a few months.

My wife and I got approved after we left US and we did our interview when we returned at the airport

My wife and I had Nexus that we converted to Global Entry without even needing to have another interview.

My 12 year old had a conditional approval for about 8 months but we never got a chance to have the in person because Boston is busy. When we came back from the UK a week ago and he did the interview on arrival. Other then a little problem with the agent waiting on prints to come back (no kidding right?) he sent us on our way. My son had the approval by the time we hit baggage claim.

What's the typical time line for applying and getting a conditional approval? I'm looking to go back next August. Does that give me enough time?
Any help is appreciated.

The last time I needed to renew was right in the midst of Covid. I remember it took 1-2 weeks to get a Zoom web based interview for the renewal. Pretty simple: “You’re still not a terrorist, right?” Yup. Still law abiding.

My question for those that have signed up for Global Entry and TSA pre recently is this: can you do an online interview or do you have to wait months for a physical appointment at a far flung airport to get initial approval?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asrsportsmedicine

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?