Cape Buffalo pictures

Zimbabwe

Zim buff 2 2 copy.jpg

IMG_4244.JPG

Last edited:
I have another album somewhere in my attic, where the photos of my other Cape buffalo hunts are. But up until I can find it, will these do ?

I have shot most of them with .375 Holland & Holland Magnum rifles over the years (till now). Except for 3 of them, which I shot with a .458 Winchester Magnum.

My favorite bullets for them used to be Federal 300Gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw controlled expansion factory loads (which Federal been listing as ”unavailable“ on their website ever since 2018). For future Cape buffalo hunts, the Barnes 300Gr TSX factory loads seem quite promising.
View attachment 545698View attachment 545699View attachment 545700View attachment 545701View attachment 545702View attachment 545703View attachment 545704View attachment 545705View attachment 545706
Some truly great photos and magnificent Buffs there

1st Cape Buffalo
North Dande - Zimbabwe 1999

Attachments

• Cape Buffalo 1 (5).pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
Hi Piet,
How was your hunt with Ndumo? Did you hunt with Karl? And which area did you find the better for the hunting/buff and prefer overall?

Hi DG,

It was an amazing experience. Spent a week in the Bwabwata camp on the Kwando river which is just beautiful. I hunted with Divan Labuschagne who’s also a member here. Karl was in camp most of the week which was great. The two areas differ quite vastly in topography and I would say I prefer Bwabwata as it is just so much different to my usual hunting grounds. Both areas offer excellent tracking hunts. Happy to chat offline.

Best

Gentlemen, your photos are fanatastic! congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuldaCash

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg